• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Banned
Shit I am really sorry guys I just was not thinking. Very stupid of me. Fuckkkkkk I hate spoilers and people who spoil, now I am one of them. In GoT no less, I deserve to be beheaded : (

Sincere apology to all.

Road

3 day was an hyperbole, but if we consider that all events shown are happening closely in time, she took less than 3 months to conceive, given Catelyn's journey and Daenerys arc.
If they have different progressions of time, I'd say the show does a terrible job demonstrating that. :p

That's my main issue with the show: I have no idea of a timeline.

As much as I was surprised she give birth to a mist, I was too when I saw she was already fully pregnant. Are we supposed to assume she spent 9 months pregnant or just 1 week? We have no idea. Or are we supposed to count time from every travel someone does?

As far as I can tell, it might have passed 6 months or 2 years since the series started.

And we need a mod enforcing the rules of this thread.

Riggs

Banned
That's my main issue with the show: I have no idea of a time line.

As much as I was surprised she give birth to a mist, I was too when I saw she was already fully pregnant. Are we supposed to assume she spent 9 months pregnant or just 1 week? We have no idea. Or are we supposed to count time from every travel someone does?

As far as I can tell, it might have passed 6 months or 2 years since the series started.

I'll probably be banned in next 5 min so justice will be served. Again guy's I am very sorry I hold this series dear to me it's one of the best things I've gotten into in the last 5 years.

Don't really care if I get banned I deserve it, but hope you all take my apology seriously. It's not a oooops sorry type thing. I'd be pissed to. Again sorry all.

If I were EviLore I would totally make Cornballer a mod, just so he could patrol a lot of the TV threads where he already basically mediates. I really respect the job you do Cornballer with all the TV shows you support, just wanted to say thank you. :D

KingK

If I were EviLore I would totally make Cornballer a mod, just so he could patrol a lot of the TV threads where he already basically mediates. I really respect the job you do Cornballer with all the TV shows you support, just wanted to say thank you. :D

Yeah, Cornballer definitely deserves to be a mod.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'll probably be banned in next 5 min so justice will be served. Again guy's I am very sorry I hold this series dear to me it's one of the best things I've gotten into in the last 5 years.

Don't really care if I get banned I deserve it, but hope you all take my apology seriously. It's not a oooops sorry type thing. I'd be pissed to. Again sorry all.
You won't be banned but you and Varys might have something in common pretty soon. Sorry.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Catched up.

Jesus Christ, that was one messed up episode, and going by the preview shit is REALLY about to hit the fan.

Man, oh man.

PS: I believe "the brotherhood" are the merry gang of criminals that Arya helped to free during the Lannister attack on the Night's Watch. I could be wrong, tho.

CrunchyB

That's my main issue with the show: I have no idea of a timeline.

Melissandre didn't look pregnant when we saw her meet with Renly.

Davos didn't notice anything unusual until just before she gave "birth", which was still the same day.

Riggs

Banned
You won't be banned but you and Varys might have something in common pretty soon. Sorry.

If that happens, then so be it. (hopefully not)

Sad part is I can't really show my face in here anymore if I do stay untouched. The night really is full of terrors apparently, terrors from my horrible keyboard and hands.

And if I am allowed to partake, about Melissandre. Pretty sure that was like instant, her belly was not swollen earlier when she was with Stannis. Or after with the meet with Renly.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
WiC's tumblr bringing the goodness

tumblr_m2xpfte1VY1qe2ha5o2_r1_500.png

lol

Cyan

Banned
This new Gregor has too much humanity in his eyes.

Old Gregor looked like he'd stab puppies.

Yeah, that about sums it up. The new Mountain is tall and I guess slightly intimidating, but the old Mountain was downright terrifying. Like he might just up and chop your legs off if you looked at him crosswise. The Hound told that story about his brother holding his head in the fire, and it was like, "yeah, sounds about right."

That's probably why they recast him. Everyone was too scared to be on the same set as him.

1. If that shadow thingy kills Renly, I'm gonna be pissssssed

I feel like that's totally gonna happen.

Three reasons:
-Stannis doesn't have anything else going for him, so if this isn't some kind of fell swoop, he's in trouble.
-Nobody likes Stannis, so he probably won't get all of Renly's troops, and it seems like that will help the Lannisters, and as we know, this show is all about Lannisters fucking people over. Or just fucking people.
-Somehow it'll all get pinned on Cat Stark, and as we know, this show is also about Starks getting screwed.

Bonus fourth reason:
-I'm starting to really like Renly, and that is apparently a death sentence on this show.

Klocker

Eh, you're talking about a show that hasn't exactly been shy about infant deaths. I imagine Joffrey won't be spared from a gruesome death.

Crosses fingers. :D

I can only hope its at least as good as a "Justified" style arm-severing type, surprise demise. ;)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't think that shadow baby (?) is going to kill Renly. If any because it doesn't seem like the kind of kill Stannis would approve of. Also, I need some excuse to keep Margaery around in my mind.

Edit: I also liked how Arya's shit list added two more names just like that. Man, if that girl gets Needle back...

RDreamer

Three reasons:
-Stannis doesn't have anything else going for him, so if this isn't some kind of fell swoop, he's in trouble.
-Nobody likes Stannis, so he probably won't get all of Renly's troops, and it seems like that will help the Lannisters, and as we know, this show is all about Lannisters fucking people over. Or just fucking people.
-Somehow it'll all get pinned on Cat Stark, and as we know, this show is also about Starks getting screwed.

Bonus fourth reason:
-I'm starting to really like Renly, and that is apparently a death sentence on this show.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Renly's biting it next week. I just know it.

Three reasons:

Bonus fourth reason:

My theory is that she's totally going to have the Shadow Assassin kill Stannis.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't think that shadow baby (?) is going to kill Renly. If any because it doesn't seem like the kind of kill Stannis would approve of. Also, I need some excuse to keep Margaery around in my mind.

Edit: I also liked how Arya's shit list added two more names just like that. Man, if that girl get's Needle back...

I couldn't understand the other name/names? that she was saying besides the hound, joff and cersei? i watched the scene like 10 times :( and could never make out the words

My theory is that she's totally going to have the Shadow Assassin kill Stannis.

You mentioned "shadow assassin" twice, is that the name of the thing? I just rewatched and she doesn't mention it. My theory was that this shadow would be a doppelganger of some sort, which could be used to create havoc.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I couldn't understand the other name/names? that she was saying besides the hound, joff and cersei? i watched the scene like 10 times :( and could never make out the words
Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne, The Hound, Polliver, The Mountain. The last two were added after the first torture.

JGS

Banned
You mentioned "shadow assassin" twice, is that the name of the thing? I just rewatched and she doesn't mention it. My theory was that this shadow would be a doppelganger of some sort, which could be used to create havoc.
I'm not sure why it would kill Stannis.

Isn't that still shadow thing's daddy?

Milabrega

Didn't catch that it was the mountain until reading the thread, then rewatched the episode and there was a moment where Arya turned her head down and said it.

I also like that new city Qarth.
It seems like an awesome place. An oasis in the middle of the desert, and the only water for hundreds of miles. It probably has more power than meets the eye, because no one can enter unless they are permitted to enter.
One of the more fascinating cities of this book (albeit the other ones aren't bad either)
I thought the Dothraki scout said Qarth is on the sea, no?

Micerider

The shadow baby makes me wonder.

Is it a "stealth" assassin or is it something that can "possess" another being to report all moves and deeds to her "mother".

My logic behind that is : this "thing" is referred to as a "shadow", so I don't see it doing actual physical harm. Besides, having such type of stealth assassin would be a "I WIN" Button that would be too easy to put forth, Stannis could end any of his foes leaders with it.

Well, can't wait for next sunday.

Edit : also "HAM"...god...I broke a rib on that :p

Violet_0

Banned
(I wouldn't actually know but) the fact that
people refer to it as an assassin
is probably already a spoiler, I think

e: terrible top of the page post

Micerider

the fact that
people refer to it as an assassin
is probably already a spoiler, I think (educated guess)

e: terrible top of the page post

Well, I was only speculating, I did not read any book past the first one.

Your spoiler tagged info is however something that might indicate that you are referring to a book spoiler, so I demand perma-insta-ban and your removal from the Poney League Extraordinaire :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom