• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Dunsworth, Jim Lahey of Trailer Park Boys, Has Died

Actor John F. Dunsworth, best known for his portrayal of Jim Lahey in the comedy series Trailer Park Boys, has died at the age of 71.

The news was confirmed by Dunsworth’s daughter Sarah in an email.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3806747/actor-john-dunsworth-has-died-at-the-age-of-71/

john-dunsworth.jpg

Damn. This hit me hard.

Tagyhag

No! :( Dude was the fucking best. Rest in peace Lahey, no one could replace you.

Jim Lahey: Feel that?

Randy: Feel what Mr Lahey?

Jim Lahey: The way the shit clings to the air Randy...

Randy: Shit clings to the air?

Jim Lahey: Its already started my dear good friend.

Randy: Whats started, Mr Lahey?

Jim Lahey: The Shit Blizzard

Sapiens

Damn - role of a lifetime though. Who'd of thought he'd be one of the most famous Canadian actors ever?

Arguably the greatest and most underrated comedic actor of our time. I've probably laughed more at Mr. Lahey alone than I have at lots of other shows. RIP

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Played one of the funniest characters I have ever had the honor to witness. Its a god damned shame as I don't know how many times that man had me doubled over laughing so hard it hurt. I'll drain a bottle of liquor and complain about the shit panthers tonight for Jim.

Belker

I said 'Oh no,' aloud when I read this. I don't normally react to actors dying like that, even if I appreciate their work. A very talented man.

biteren

ah man, this makes me sad as hell. he was my favorite character!!

i was gonna see the trailerpark boys live in december!!!!!!

:(

he was the liqour.

n64coder

Started watching the show for the first time about a week ago. Currently oh season three. Enjoying it very much. Definitely liked Mr Lahey, Randy, J-Roc.

R.I.P. A'ight.

Drazgul

Well, fuck.

Lahey, Lahey Crockett, king of the wild frontier.

If you haven't seen it yet btw., his hobby video about cement work was amazing, worth a watch even if you don't care about the subject at all - his passion about it is infectious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcQfP8k51s

Edit: Ah should've checked, figures it would've been posted already!

steve9842016

Neo Member
Wow, I'm beyond shocked...He's the liquor! :(

TPB will always hold a special place in my heart, shared by countless series binge-watches with friends through the years. Such an incredible show and Lahey was always at the top.

Gorger

Fuck this hits hard. He looked good in the last season I would never have suspected there was anything wrong. I am having a drink tonight for Lahey. RIP

Man. He'll be missed.

And God damned if his drunkenness was acting that man deserved some serious awards.

Will listen to the liquor tonight to remember him.

mlclmtckr

Banned
He was so goddamn good at acting drunk as Lahey. I heard once that he was a highly trained serious actor who was very methodical and committed in his approach to capturing the mannerisms and speech of a totally shitfaced person.

Top Bottom