• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console War III: Sony's first jab at Microsoft: "Jump Out", "Yoga Isn't Gaming"

kuroshiki

Yoga isn't gaming.. yeah playstation.. why did I get bothered with wonderbook, move shit on the ps3 and eyetoy crap on the ps2 don't pretend that you didn't do the same shit only because you have bow 2 good exclusives this year ( last of us and beyond)

I love my ps3 but they should look at their own moves.. I mean will microsoft tease them with " we release games we announce" and do a jab on Versus and last guardian?

I'm still hyped for the next console but I hate fanboyism and console wars shit.

Both are good

WTF man fanboy console war is one of THE reason why GAF exists.

It's been peaceful for far too long. Let the war begin.

ironcreed

Banned
At the end of the day, it's all about gaming. For me, Sony has shown a stronger focus there, despite adding other features that they do not put behind a pay-wall in order to use. I appreciate the fact that they are making it clear that they are releasing a gaming console first and foremost. Good old Playstation.

We're so lucky to have Grudgekeepers like you, and your meticulous grievance archive so near at hand, too!

Do you have one for Microsoft and/or Nintendo? This quote archive work is quite fascinating.

It's literally a copy/paste form the first google hit when you search for "arrogant sony quotes". You guys have issues if you think I have these at hand. And no, I don't have one for MS/Nintendo because the thread is not about Nintendo/MS.

Taurus

Yeah this entire thing talks about smartphones and TVs, and also mentions how panasonic and sharp are doing even worse in the market. This isn't really gaming relevant.
I just corrected AOC83 who claimed that "Sony isn't losing money btw". Because they are.

How much money has PS3 brought to Sony overall?

Kron

Banned
Well the Playstation 3 and Vita certainly changed gaming by not actually having any games and woeful first party support.

[slow handclap for an ironic advert]

Midou

Well the Playstation 3 and Vita certainly changed gaming by not actually having any games and woeful first party support.

I understand saying that for the Vita, but for the PS3 are you serious? Because that would be pretty funny, though not as funny as these ads.

Edit: Beaten, but obvious.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Que?

Did I step into the time machine again?

fc8c2dd9c5.png

Yawnier

Banned

PS3 = Woeful first party support? Maybe in 2006 you would have a valid reason for saying that, but in 2013?

What?

Sony better deliver a show of epic proportions.

There is no way back...

This PlayStation meeting has hyped me more than the previous E3's combined.

Let the games do the talking, no bullshit target CGI renders please. Show us gameplay.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

C'mon son! I'm a 360 guy predominantly and even i know that's some BS.

Cornbread78

Say what? No First party support, hmmm

- Uncharted
- Killzone
- Little Big Planet
- Whipeout
- Motorstorm

Nope, nothing to see here... That took about 5 seconds to type too... so many more

Midou

Sony better deliver a show of epic proportions.

There is no way back...

This PlayStation meeting has hyped me more than the previous E3's combined.

Let the games do the talking, no bullshit target CGI renders please. Show us gameplay.

Don't expect too much of that with E3 only a few months later. I'm sure the bulk of the PS4-related reveal will still be then. If they can get the tech talk out of the way on the 20th and leave E3 for games they tease on the 20th, it would be the best. They gotta show SOME kind of games obviously, but not much until E3.

Also weird so many people seem to play consoles instead of games...

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
this console war shall be glorious. Can't wait for all the amazing gif's and amazing posts this will bring

I expect good and bad from both Sony and MS this year. I expect I'll own both consoles eventually, but for the first time, I doubt I'm going to be an early adopter. Leaning more towards a PS4 first though just because I like Sony's exclusives more usually and because of PS+. There will be rivers of nectar sweet schadenfreude pouring from every thread on GAF this year though. I'm sure it shall be glorious like nothing I've seen in my short time here.

Don't share the gif hate, most have been hilarious regardless of who they are ripping on.

I love a little trash talk.

It's been my plan all along to get the next XBOX. I love the Forza franchise. I believe PGR, or a spiritual successor, is on its way. And I adore the Halo universe despite being terrible at FPS.

That said, I am increasingly excited about the PS4. I did not get a PS3, as I could never justify (nor afford) the cost given the only exclusive franchise I want to play is MLB The Show.

That said, The Show looks better than ever. Sony is talking a little smack. And fond memories of late-night gaming sessions with my PS are flooding back.

I'm about to be broke.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
...Or you could just sell them if you don't want it.

I highly doubt that most people that have enough awareness to hit the shift and 4 key to create the $ for M$ to reference their products are actually financially invested in Microsoft's ecosystem to begin with.

J-Rzez

Pretty harsh, hate to hear what you think about MS and ninty's first-party if that's your opinion of Sony. ;)

...Or you could just sell them if you don't want it.

Might as well make a documentary vid for youtube of the feeling that you get when you can walk into a Gamestop to trade in or even sell a game to a friend.

cakefoo

How is it not fair to counter Sony's statement that "Yoga isn't gaming" when they've offered the same exact games on their own console?

This is clearly selective marketing and every company does it.
Casuals inflated sales of Wii and Kinect and also took focus away from core games. The statement about Yoga suggests that Sony aren't focusing on casual games at the start of this next generation, which should woo core gamers.

It's funny though how people try to take the statement and "guilt" Sony because they make fitness games too. I don't think Sony was trying to demonize Nintendo or Kinect- just cautioning people that success in the casual space does not translate to greater appeal in the core space.

Interfectum

Oh man:

PS4 vs. Durrango

Consoles vs. iOS

Wii U vs. the Grim Reaper

This console war is going to be the most epic in the history of gaming. Fantastic year ahead.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

This isn't debate and there is no substance; this is smack-talking. Sony might as well be saying "Hey Microsoft, yo momma so ugly she made medusa turn 2 stone". There's no need to intellectualize this, there's no philosophy of game design being discussed here. And it's not cherry picking--Sony's entire tenure in the video game market they've been saying this kind of braggadaccio stuff. The substance is context-dependent, but all falls under "What we're about to do is awesome, our competitors suck, QED"

Top Bottom