• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

if you were to change your gaf username today, what would it be?

Sai-kun

Banned
If you guys want, I will fill all of these username changes, with one condition -- you don't get the username you ask for, you get the username of the person who posts AFTER you asked for. Is this a good idea?

This is pretty lit

Wish my username was just Sai but I think some other nerd has that

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
If you guys want, I will fill all of these username changes, with one condition -- you don't get the username you ask for, you get the username of the person who posts AFTER you asked for. Is this a good idea?
This is a fantastic idea since everyone after the guy who asked for EviLore will get the name of the guy who posted after themselves in a cascading effect it should have good results.

Duke Phillips

Because the Critic is a great show and i want to male quizabuck a word, it would be dukelicious.

I fear your tag would become: "presidential bid cancelled" because of reasons. Either that or something about a nervous man.

Though if we're being perfectly honest, I was seriously considering "Mr. Pilkington" when I changed mine a while ago.

I'm good with the current one though.

edit: ooh! Bazooka Duke!
edit2: wait, have we done this before? I feel like we've done this before. Must be the evil eye.

Sandoval

The name that I had before some admin was compromised in 2013 and my university email had been shut down. I didn't check GAF for a few months and found that my account was basically dead and no one could be bothered to give a shit. That was pretty cool.

poodaddy

If I could change mine I'd just call myself Chris. My username has historical significance for me as Poo has been a nick name for me for over twenty years now, but people don't take you seriously when your names Poodaddy. I feel like the name could imply that I'm one of those posters who never takes anything seriously or never wants to participate in discussion in earnest, where the name is literally just a nickname for me. It damages real discussion potential I imagine, but I already chose it and I feel like I should live with it now.

Drinky Cow

drinky cow

Booooooooo

If I could change mine I'd just call myself Chris. My username has historical significance for me as Poo has been a nick name for me for over twenty years now, but people don't take you seriously when your names Poodaddy. I feel like the name could imply that I'm one of those posters who never takes anything seriously or never wants to participate in discussion in earnest, where the name is literally just a nickname for me. It damages real discussion potential I imagine, but I already chose it and I feel like I should live with it now.

I usually don't even look at the username of people before I read what they say. That way, my opinion of them isn't tainted by past interactions or things they've said in the past.

poodaddy

Booooooooo

I usually don't even look at the username of people before I read what they say. That way, my opinion of them isn't tainted by past interactions or things they've said in the past.
Good on ya, but I've literally had my username pointed out to me several times on this very forum in an attempt to paint my post or opinion as insignificant. Sure it shows that they had no idea how to engage in proper discourse without ad hominem, but it still irritates me a bit. Like I said though, I asked for the name and it's a part of my history so I'm just going to accept what comes with it. My choice, my fault, and I always own up to my mistakes.

The Mule

I've actually been thinking about asking an admin for a rename to 'First Citizen'. Just haven't felt strongly enough about it to bother.

Top Bottom