• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

I was yelling at my screen earlier at some idiot who was sitting in the cannon the entire wave and didn't do much to help. Even when all three of us were down he just stayed in there until he was overwhelmed. What I would have given for built-in voice chat at that point in time..

I've had a few times where everyone stayed in the canon, never got the gold.... like... what the hell do you think is going to happen?

Jims

Wow, the .52 Gal is straight-up silly. They gave a 2ish shot kill weapon a way to track its opponents. I think I like this one better than the old Splash Wall variant from back in the day. It's so carefree to run around with.

(The Baller is soooooooo fun, although I have no idea what the practical application is yet.)

Some decent closed cans are available on Splatnet

GNLKhky.jpg

I so want to get them but the pink color is preventing me from clicking order...wish I can change the color

Branduil

I posted last night but didn't get an answer ;\ is there any kinda math/analysis behind boosts, i.e. swim speed? Like how much does it improve your base swim speed? 20%? And how do the sub-abilities stack with a main swim speed ability? Been looking at Squidboards but can't find much on it.

Also - Salmon Run blows today. Heavy Splatling is just absolute shit. Super hard to kill the head-balloon things.

Seems like a rule that there always has to be at least one shitty weapon in Salmon Run.

Biske

You know... jumping out of bounds with the rainmaker to get it back in the middle... is a bad fucking idea when we have like 10 seconds to go....

God damn.

Fucking rainmaker.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
lmao, just found out that the delivery delay shown in SplatNet is broken. You can instatenously buy in the game what was ordered with the app.
Yeah, I've been taking advantage of it since day 1. Easy eay to get new clothes though

Shauni

I was in a great guy, my team was dominating, just broke 1000p, and with 6 seconds to go...communication error. And then, I get that silly disconnect message, too. Oh yeah, Nintendo, I'm that rare rage quitter who just gets pissed off that he's winning so good he throws it all away. Caught me red-handed!

Communication errors are getting a lot more common for me. I played Friday and most of Saturday and only got a few. Later Saturday I several, and today it's been about half-and-half, fells like it's getting progressively worse. Should I bite the bullet and get the adapter that let's me go wired? Will that make a difference. It's frustrating as well. The way to level 10 is already a slog, and this isn't helping, especially since my experience buffs are being wasted.

ZeroD

Quick question if anyone can answer. Is the monthly gear from Salmon Run a one time only deal? I've only played one game so far, is it easy to rack up points to get the gear? I don't want to miss out

Forkball

It's a heavy mechanics based mode. You will have a hard time if you don't play the tutorial. Do you really need to come on here and ask us to show you how to play the game when the game already does?
I already played the tutorial and Salmon Run numerous times. You could answer my question instead of writing a speech.

Shauni

It feels like a lot of teams don't know how to find the Goldie in salmon run.

What do you mean? How can they not? It glows gold, it's impossible to miss, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying

Just went from 70 to 10 in overachiever in Salmon Run because of back to back communication errors. Really frustrating.

You know, it's weird, I have yet to get a communication error in Salmon Run. All of mine have been in regular multi, and they've become frustratingly frequent.

DNAbro

Quick question if anyone can answer. Is the monthly gear from Salmon Run a one time only deal? I've only played one game so far, is it easy to rack up points to get the gear? I don't want to miss out

No one knows and yes it's pretty easy to get a single piece of gear.

What do you mean? How can they not? It glows gold, it's impossible to miss, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying
They don't run around and open the manholes to look for it. I have to open most of the manholes and then spam come here when I find it

Catvoca

Banned

You know, it's weird, I have yet to get a communication error in Salmon Run. All of mine have been in regular multi, and they've become frustratingly frequent.

I've had barely any in regular multi but then just had 3 in a row in Salmon Run. Switched to regular multi and it hasn't happend again. Very strange.

Oh god I managed to hit B- in splatzone.

I'm going to sit on that rank for now.

They're asking about the red eggs or whatever you get for killing enemies.

I was in a great guy, my team was dominating, just broke 1000p, and with 6 seconds to go...communication error. And then, I get that silly disconnect message, too. Oh yeah, Nintendo, I'm that rare rage quitter who just gets pissed off that he's winning so good he throws it all away. Caught me red-handed!

Communication errors are getting a lot more common for me. I played Friday and most of Saturday and only got a few. Later Saturday I several, and today it's been about half-and-half, fells like it's getting progressively worse. Should I bite the bullet and get the adapter that let's me go wired? Will that make a difference. It's frustrating as well. The way to level 10 is already a slog, and this isn't helping, especially since my experience buffs are being wasted.

I've gotten a couple this weekend. It's irritating, but at least its better than MK8 which gives a communication error every second game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's really dumb that there's no way to indicate in game to your friends to say that "hey maybe we should play together."

Lucario

This salmon run must be harder today. Got to 200% yesterday. Now I'm at 165%.
I'm having a ton of trouble with the weapon selection.

Fuck the heavy splatling and octobrush. It's also really difficult to deal with the mothership waves when the only weapon that isn't short range has horrible mobility.

Shauni

I've gotten a couple this weekend. It's irritating, but at least its better than MK8 which gives a communication error every second game.

I'm getting them all the time now, so it's more than just an annoyance right now, unfortunately. It pisses me off especially because it's wasting experience buffs. Because of the errors I've lost at least 10 rounds of buffs.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't know if it's because I seem to get matched onto japanese servers but mine has been super stable.

That also means that I have to face off against japanese players.

Overall neutral benefit.

I'm having a ton of trouble with the weapon selection.

Fuck the heavy splatling and octobrush. It's also really difficult to deal with the mothership waves when the only weapon that isn't short range has horrible mobility.

Octobrush is a great "Fuck it, we hit the quota, ruuuuun" weapon, if nothing else. Actually saved a Pro run by chickening out for the last couple of seconds when everyone else was dead. lol I haven't really figured out the weapon otherwise. >.>

Splatling's genuinely great imo. Good range and boss-killing power like the Charger with the added bonus of mob-killing power without having to line up a shot. Lousy egg runner though. Prefer to let everyone else do the egg running while I focus on keeping the swarm in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom