• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Tieske

Neo Member
The game doesn't look special (and according to console people straight up ugly) but this game has some pretty godly weapon models

only game I've seen so far that actually animates mag release buttons, lol

SomTervo

There's 7200 renown up for grabs across the situations for achieving the objectives too. 3 x 200 in each one for things like 'get two headshots'.

Cool. I was regurgitating what I saw somebody else said - thanks for the more detailed breakdown.

Not exactly an outrage, just a dislike at the practice of season passes. If the operators unlock a week early, there is even LESS reason to buy the pass. Why would anyone buy it? I'm glad I was wrong.

The guy was raging more about always-online games than season passes?

The game doesn't look special (and according to console people straight up ugly) but this game has some pretty godly weapon models

Looks pretty damn good to me on PC and yes the gun models, character models, world models and animations are all fantastic.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

I don't think it's ugly at all. It also looks very similar on consoles and PC.

It's not a flashy game, but it has a nice level of detail and great image quality.

King_Moc

Banned
I don't think it's ugly at all. It also looks very similar on consoles and PC.

It's not a flashy game, but it has a nice level of detail and great image quality.

It looks ok, but when everything is kicking off, and walls are getting blown up and stuff, it looks pretty great. It does destruction very well and it looks to me like everything else has been toned down somewhat to allow the destruction to really shine.

SomTervo

It looks ok, but when everything is kicking off, and walls are getting blown up and stuff, it looks pretty great. It does destruction very well and it looks to me like everything else has been toned down somewhat to allow the destruction to really shine.

Seems really likely. Especially because every destroyed/fragmented object stays en-scene for good. There are no disappearing splinters of wood or MDF. When a wall blows up, all the bits of that wall stay blown up and strewn about. Looks particularly impressive when mixed with particle effects from guns/explosions and some pretty well-designed lighting.

Yep. Are the Bots harder or act differently?

No idea. May be able to report back later.

dark10x

What the hell is up with the team killing?! It's happening constantly. I also keep getting disconnected on all platforms.

With the cleans lines and focus on destruction, it reminds me of FEAR (like a modern take on that style of visuals)

gossi

What the hell is up with the team killing?! It's happening constantly. I also keep getting disconnected on all platforms.

Yep, loaded game - can't connect to servers. Got into a game - killed by team mate. Next round - team mate killed hostage we were protecting, mission failed. Next round - killed by different team mate. Disconnected from server.

dark10x

A lot of people being used to friendly fire being turned off in the games they play.
In some cases, sure, but in one we were defending and, while I was behind the bar, one of our team mates started killing us and then "crouching" over the corpses Halo style. It's insane how often this has happened so far.

Clydebink

Neo Member

You are playing on all platforms?
Also, I thought I heard that there was going to be some sort of automated punishment for team-killing, any idea what it is?

You stream? Would love to see some of the lone wolf terro classic on real mode!

i might stream later on in the day - way too tired at 6am after staying up all night

Especially when the bombers appear!

the frantic footsteps, the blue light, the beeping...

Fright-Scary-Scream-Screaming-Kramer-Jerry-Seinfeld-GIF.gif

gossi

I think the graphics are fine, by the way. Lots of detail in the world. Heavy AA by the looks of it.

Terrorist Hunt in 30fps on console is really jarring after multiplayer, on XB1 it feels like walking through mud.

SomTervo

JESUS CHRIST LONE WOLF TERRORIST HUNT ON REALISM IS SURVIVAL HORROR

Found this out in the beta.

It. Is. Magical.

On Normal it's like a Die Hard simulator. On Realistic it's like a PTSD simulator.

In some cases, sure, but in one we were defending and, while I was behind the bar, one of our team mates started killing us and then "crouching" over the corpses Halo style. It's insane how often this has happened so far.

Worrying. Hopefully these people will leave within a few days/weeks once they realise the experience isn't for them.

With the cleans lines and focus on destruction, it reminds me of FEAR (like a modern take on that style of visuals)

Ooh I like that comparison.

Right...

So why the hell can't we do terrorist hunt offline?

And why is there no LAN support? I've played this game on a LAN at events. There's no excuse for this.

Gaz_RB

Right...

So why the hell can't we do terrorist hunt offline?

And why is there no LAN support? I've played this game on a LAN at events. There's no excuse for this.

I think some of the custom match stuff is getting patched into the game shortly, including custom matches on dedicated servers.

OsirisBlack

Banned
So my gold edition season pass code does not work, these companies really need to do something about this. It seems to happen way too frequently especially considering the price of these things.

Lmao

Pic broken btw
- makes it funnier

This stuff is a bit worrying. I hope they patch it in.

I feel like these needless restrictions are a bid to control their content and prevent piracy. LAN support is a notorious avenue for online play in cracked copies of games and making a game that's effectively dead when Ubisoft choose to pull the plug, gives them control over when consumers move on to buy their next game, etc.

However, that doesn't excuse its exclusion. This games offline features were lacking, but Ubisoft seems to have chosen to make them more than that, by gutting their game of them entirely. To make mattters worse this game does not have an 'online only' warning on its box, but all you can play offline are some stupid tutorials. Even Call of Duty on last gens systems has an 'always online' warning, and you can play local co-operative, competitive, and singleplayer zombies on that game. Yet they still thought to do the courtousey of warning consumers that the games primary features (multiplayer) were online only.

I am and was a big advocate for this Siege, but this situation is not okay. I want my games to be my games. I don't want a £50 rental service for Ubisoft's servers.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
At this point I swear there is a bug with single shot on all rifles and handguns.

Was in the beta, and still present: your third and even forth trigger-pulls do not register. It doesn't fire the round. Happens very frequently in firefights, usually when a bomber is charging you.

There's also acceleration on the right analog that either has to go away or turn into a slider in options. Acceleration is gross, always. Even Rockstar eventually patched that shit out of GTA5 with a slider. Please devs.

I will literally only ever play co-op T-hunt, so all I need to know is how that mode works in the full game.

I played the beta and while it was kinda fun, are there are any T-Hunt modes that make use of the entire map and not just a single building in the middle of it? If it's just going to be more of the stuff from the closed beta then it's not worth buying for me.

This is something I have wondered for some time. Can you use EMPs to disable the bombers explosive vests? You should be able to.

I haven't done it because I always panic and shoot them impulsively.

So seeing talk of bugs still bring present... Is the All talk bug still present in the PC version? Was absolutely obnoxious in the beta.

SomTervo

I really wish one of the classes could allow you to be one of the bombers. That would be amazing

This wouldn't work in PVP, but imagine a counter-operative/ Left4Dead Versus style game mode where 3-4 of the terrorists in Terrorist Hunt were players?

Would be even more intense/nightmarish...

I will literally only ever play co-op T-hunt, so all I need to know is how that mode works in the full game.

I played the beta and while it was kinda fun, are there are any T-Hunt modes that make use of the entire map and not just a single building in the middle of it? If it's just going to be more of the stuff from the closed beta then it's not worth buying for me.

In my experience, the other maps are more open. In the beta last week, the map near the boat on the pier had some actual open windows in the buildings. So a few times we had proper long-distance shootouts. And also the map was over two buildings - so once you began shooting, the terrorists would leave one building to come look in the other, and you'd start having skirmishes across the map.

Also there are a couple more modes in the full game - including hostage protection/extraction. Presumably these will include more play across the maps.

A friend of mine that played two games of this in the beta and told me he 'fucking hated it', before immediately logging off to play WWE2K16 just messaged me and told he bought it.

People are weird.

This wouldn't work in PVP, but imagine a counter-operative/ Left4Dead Versus style game mode where 3-4 of the terrorists in Terrorist Hunt were players?

Would be even more intense/nightmarish...

In my experience, the other maps are more open. In the beta last week, the map near the boat on the pier had some actual open windows in the buildings. So a few times we had proper long-distance shootouts. And also the map was over two buildings - so once you began shooting, the terrorists would leave one building to come look in the other, and you'd start having skirmishes across the map.

Also there are a couple more modes in the full game - including hostage protection/extraction. Presumably these will include more play across the maps.

Yeah, if the hostage modes utilise more of the maps it would be fantastic. I want to be convinced that it's good but I'm probably going to end up playing Vegas 2 instead. Hooray for backwards compatibility I guess

datamage

Which platform are you experiencing this on?

Top Bottom