• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Criterion Collection in 2017: All Fancy Movie GAF Releases Welcome!

berzeli

Banned
Arrow Academy slate for April:
C2Te0tPWEAAjMNS.jpg

Pretty nice. If you live in the US. If you live in region B land and are a bit iffy on Allen, as I am, it's decidedly less nice.

omgkitty

Arrow Academy slate for April:
C2Te0tPWEAAjMNS.jpg

Pretty nice. If you live in the US. If you live in region B land and are a bit iffy on Allen, as I am, it's decidedly less nice.

Yeah not a fan of every month basically being a handful of titles from a box set broken out. I feel like a lot of Arrow's Academy output seems to be 3 or 4 big box sets a year, with a few other titles sprinkled in and then them breaking apart the limited edition sets.

Ridley327

April announcements!

866_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

867_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

868_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

869_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

Also, both The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and The Young Girls of Rochefort are getting solo releases, which seems like good timing on their part as La La Land is likely to be hitting shelves around the same time.

TheFlow

Banned
Young girls of rochefort is in my top 5 of all time but I rather just get the box set when it is on sale.

Rumble fish is my most excited announcement

Speaking of new releases:

Mondo Vision is finally releasing their next Andrzej Zulawski film: La Note Bleue (The Blue Note), on Feb. 13

SPECIAL EDITION

HsiFcGH.jpg

7Kriz82.jpg

DISC 1 : THE FEATURE FILM
Digitally Restored 1080p HD Transfer Approved by Director Andrzej Zulawski [132min]

EXTRAS:

Audio Commentary with Director Andrzej Zulawski 132min
Video Interview with Director Andrzej Zulawski 23min
Video Interview with Actress Mari-France Pisier 22min
Video Interview with Producer Marie-Laure Reyre 25min
Video Interview with Production Designer Jean-Vincent Puzos 53min
Andrzej Zulawski Trailer Reel 14min

PLUS :
24pg Commemorative Booklet - Featuring an Essay By Daniel Bird (2012)

PACKAGING:
This edition of La Note Bleue features a fully illustrated matte laminated 6pp foldout Digipak with heavy-duty 400gsm Hardcover Slipcase with wrap-around Belt and a pull-out Ribbon. It comes with a shipping weight of 1 pound (0.45kg) and the following dimensions:

LIMITED EDITION (Only 2000 Produced)

vM55dub.jpg

T5AxK8I.jpg

This edition includes everything from the Special Edition plus the following:

DISC 2 : SOUNDTRACK CD [ Digitally Remastered ]

PLUS :
64pg Commemorative Booklet - Content rich including Exclusive + Rare and Insightful Archival Essays & Interviews (retranslated and published for the first time ever in English) + Rare Photos and Artwork..

Exclusive
"Blue Notes" - An Essay By Daniel Bird (2012)

Archival
- Interview with Andrzej Zulawski, La Note Bleue's Pressbook (May 1991)
- "Chopin and 'The Blue Note': The Dying Flames of a Passion" - An interview with Andrzej Zulawski by Ivan A. Alexandre, Diapason Harmonie Nº371 (May 1991)
- "Janusz Olejniczak: Living Chopin" - An essay by Ivan A. Alexandre, Diapason Harmonie Nº371 (May 1991)

12 [ 5x7 ] French Lobby Card Reproductions inside Custom Envelope
1 [ 5x7 ] French Postcard Reproduction featuring the Original Poster Artwork
Individually Numbered Certificate Of Authenticity with Unique Serial # [ Only 2000 Individually Numbered Sets Produced ]

PACKAGING:
This edition of La Note Bleue comes in a heavy-duty Hardcover box with magnetic enclosure and is fully wrapped with import European velvet in rich Navy Blue color. The die-cut window on the front of the packaging reveals the artwork giving the impression of a fully framed picture. Gold stamping using premium ink is used throughout the packaging to highlight the title and the credits. Inside the box is wrapped with gold foil paper and features a foldout matte laminated 6-panel digipak, matte black trays to hold the Discs + a Hardcover magnetic pocket to store the 64pg booklet and the remaining contents. The gold stamping theme is carried throughout the inside. This is our first Limited Edition where the die-cut window is painstakingly cut through the actual boxset allowing us to use an artwork in addition to printed text on velvet.

Their last releases were the fantastic Possession (1981) sets in 2014, and that SE is one of the highest quality blu-ray packages I own. I'm in the middle of a Zulawski binge right now, and while I couldn't get my hands on La Note Bleue, I'm blind buying the hell out of this because the guy was completely insane, and everything I've seen so far has been worth watching.

Mondo Vision is finally releasing their next Andrzej Zulawski film: La Note Bleue (The Blue Note), on Feb. 13

SPECIAL EDITION

HsiFcGH.jpg

7Kriz82.jpg

DISC 1 : THE FEATURE FILM
Digitally Restored 1080p HD Transfer Approved by Director Andrzej Zulawski [132min]

EXTRAS:

Audio Commentary with Director Andrzej Zulawski 132min
Video Interview with Director Andrzej Zulawski 23min
Video Interview with Actress Mari-France Pisier 22min
Video Interview with Producer Marie-Laure Reyre 25min
Video Interview with Production Designer Jean-Vincent Puzos 53min
Andrzej Zulawski Trailer Reel 14min

PLUS :
24pg Commemorative Booklet - Featuring an Essay By Daniel Bird (2012)

PACKAGING:
This edition of La Note Bleue features a fully illustrated matte laminated 6pp foldout Digipak with heavy-duty 400gsm Hardcover Slipcase with wrap-around Belt and a pull-out Ribbon. It comes with a shipping weight of 1 pound (0.45kg) and the following dimensions:

LIMITED EDITION (Only 2000 Produced)

vM55dub.jpg

T5AxK8I.jpg

This edition includes everything from the Special Edition plus the following:

DISC 2 : SOUNDTRACK CD [ Digitally Remastered ]

PLUS :
64pg Commemorative Booklet - Content rich including Exclusive + Rare and Insightful Archival Essays & Interviews (retranslated and published for the first time ever in English) + Rare Photos and Artwork..

Exclusive
"Blue Notes" - An Essay By Daniel Bird (2012)

Archival
- Interview with Andrzej Zulawski, La Note Bleue's Pressbook (May 1991)
- "Chopin and 'The Blue Note': The Dying Flames of a Passion" - An interview with Andrzej Zulawski by Ivan A. Alexandre, Diapason Harmonie Nº371 (May 1991)
- "Janusz Olejniczak: Living Chopin" - An essay by Ivan A. Alexandre, Diapason Harmonie Nº371 (May 1991)

12 [ 5x7 ] French Lobby Card Reproductions inside Custom Envelope
1 [ 5x7 ] French Postcard Reproduction featuring the Original Poster Artwork
Individually Numbered Certificate Of Authenticity with Unique Serial # [ Only 2000 Individually Numbered Sets Produced ]

PACKAGING:
This edition of La Note Bleue comes in a heavy-duty Hardcover box with magnetic enclosure and is fully wrapped with import European velvet in rich Navy Blue color. The die-cut window on the front of the packaging reveals the artwork giving the impression of a fully framed picture. Gold stamping using premium ink is used throughout the packaging to highlight the title and the credits. Inside the box is wrapped with gold foil paper and features a foldout matte laminated 6-panel digipak, matte black trays to hold the Discs + a Hardcover magnetic pocket to store the 64pg booklet and the remaining contents. The gold stamping theme is carried throughout the inside. This is our first Limited Edition where the die-cut window is painstakingly cut through the actual boxset allowing us to use an artwork in addition to printed text on velvet.

Their last releases were the fantastic Possession (1981) sets in 2014, and that SE is one of the highest quality blu-ray packages I own. I'm in the middle of a Zulawski binge right now, and while I couldn't get my hands on La Note Bleue, I'm blind buying the hell out of this because the guy was completely insane, and everything I've seen so far has been worth watching.

So pumped! Love the Possession set and I'm definitely gonna pick this up too. Did you catch Cosmos yet?

So pumped! Love the Possession set and I'm definitely gonna pick this up too. Did you catch Cosmos yet?

Nah, I'm saving Cosmos for last for obvious reasons. I have about 6 more to get through that I was able to get for this, then I'll dump my thoughts from whatever is left of my brain in the movies thread.

I don't even know right from left at the moment. These movies are crazy.

Mumei

... The sad thing is, I know absolutely nothing about this movie and yet I'm still tempted to order it because "oooh pretty."

berzeli

Banned
Oh, neat. Arrow has The Thing. Guessing it will very similar to Shout Factory's offering, but with a cover you won't be ashamed of.

omgkitty

Jenkins did it right. Every time I see one of these and the subject grabs 6 movies I wanna jump in and be like "they're free man grab 60, get some eclipse sets, go wild"

My problem would be I already own most of their blu-rays. I'd have to just stack up like 15 Eclipse sets and walk out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

berzeli

Banned
Artificial Eye will release a Louis Malle boxset, no details except that it will include:
Elevator to the Gallows
Les Amants (The Lovers)
Zazie dans le Métro
Le Feu Follet (The Fire Within)
Le Souffle au Coeur (Murmur of the Heart)
Lacombe, Lucien
Black Moon
My Dinner with Andre
Au Revoir Les Enfants
Milou en Mai (May Fools)

They're also doing a Agnes Varda boxset.

So this is pretty damn nice.

I hope you all don't consider this too trashy but..... The Terminator's most recent Blu-ray transfer is fucking incredible, real jaw dropping material. It straight up elevated Cameron's mastery of the camera for me even more than I thought was even possible.

Film school teacher: “If anyone is here to write Terminator 2, get out.”

PT Anderson: “What if I do want to write Terminator 2? Terminator 2‘s a pretty awesome movie.”

big ander

Just watched the Before Trilogy. Sunset was definitely my favorite, but they all hit home. I think it should end there.

I get that, especially since I first saw Sunrise/Sunset in the lead-up to Midnight and the trio feels so complete. But people were dubious about Sunset, and about Midnight. As long as Delpy, Hawke and Linklater feel inspired enough to return to the characters I'll trust them to make something insightful.

Top Bottom