• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Jedi Knight Enhanced (PC / Steam)

s_mirage

This was one of my most anticipated games back in the day, and it didn't disappoint. I loved the single player and also played huge amounts of multiplayer on Microsoft's ye olde Internet Gaming Zone. Ah, I miss those days.....I must admit that the graphics look better in my memory than they actually do now, so I really need to try this mod.

Great fucking game. I may revisit in a couple years, but as of today it's too soon as I've gone through this like every five years since release.

Card Boy

Banned
Also, be aware that there aren't any music in the Steam versions of JK and MotS. A guy was so kind to upload the ripped audio CD's (redbook) on the Steam forums. Get them here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=996112

I'm thinking of running this mod, but am as confused as to what this post means. Does the game have music or not?

Also does the Jedi Knight Enhanced 'modernize' the keyboard mouse controlls? Everything is inverted, and the mouse won't look left and right when i try and turn in in Vanilla Dark Forces 2.

Lime

I'm thinking of running this mod, but am as confused as to what this post means. Does the game have music or not?

Also does the Jedi Knight Enhanced 'modernize' the keyboard mouse controlls? Everything is inverted, and the mouse won't look left and right when i try and turn in in Vanilla Dark Forces 2.

Yes, it means that there is no music with the Steam version of the game, as mentioned by the OP. You need the CD image, which can be downloaded from the link I posted. This image needs to be mounted.

ah74I.jpg

This made me lol hard.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm struggling to get this to run in the new graphics. I did everything in the OP but i get this weird crap all over the screen.

8reU.png

It gets worse the more you physicaly move in the game till you can't see anything. Also Advanced Display Options appears to be not there anymore. I had to force Enable 3D Acceleration because i was getting this with it unticked.

p84BR.png

Help?

Lime

Try either the compatibility settings in Windows or see if you have any forced AA or AF in Nvidia/AMD contol center.

Card Boy

Banned
Try either the compatibility settings in Windows or see if you have any forced AA or AF in Nvidia/AMD contol center.

I got no forced Gpu options, I set compatibility to both windows 98 and Xp and it still happens. Disabling the JKE texture mods still make it occur. I think it's an issue with 3d acceleration. I have looked at other forum posts but cant nail down the problem.

I got win 7 64bit and a 5870.

Jtrizzy

This may sound weird, as I'm a huge star wars and video games fan but have never really played the games. What are the must play games? I've been doing research and Rogue Squadron and Kotor look to be the most appealing as far as the modern games go, possibly Battlefront.

I'm playing on 50 inch 1080p set, so I'm trying not to play anything too old that will look really bad.

All I have is PC, so would I have to emulate the Rogue Squadron game? Is it worth it to pick up a gamecube on the cheap for these, or even borrow one? I have an SDTV to play it on as well.

Kotor 1 vs 2, are there any differences? I don't see part 2 on steam...

This may sound weird, as I'm a huge star wars and video games fan but have never really played the games. What are the must play games? I've been doing research and Rogue Squadron and Kotor look to be the most appealing as far as the modern games go, possibly Battlefront.

I'm playing on 50 inch 1080p set, so I'm trying not to play anything too old that will look really bad.

All I have is PC, so would I have to emulate the Rogue Squadron game? Is it worth it to pick up a gamecube on the cheap for these, or even borrow one? I have an SDTV to play it on as well.

Kotor 1 vs 2, are there any differences? I don't see part 2 on steam...

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast is great. Just get the whole Jedi Knight Collection the next time it's on sale.

Kaizen

• Get JKVersions.exe and run it in administrator mode. This will download and patch the official LucasArts JK.exe.
  • Rename the unofficial patched executable to JK.exe and copy both JK.exe and jk-extension.dll to your Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Star Wars Jedi Knight folder.
  • Download JK Enhanced. Copy the JKE batch file and the JKE folder to the Jedi Knight directory.
  • Download JK Retexture and copy the JKR.gob file into the JKE directory.

Sorry for the bump but it looks like the links don't work anymore. I found JK Enhanced thanks to Google but that's it. Does anyone have working links?

Thanks!

I got no forced Gpu options, I set compatibility to both windows 98 and Xp and it still happens. Disabling the JKE texture mods still make it occur. I think it's an issue with 3d acceleration. I have looked at other forum posts but cant nail down the problem.

I got win 7 64bit and a 5870.

I realise this is a couple of months late and you've probably stopped trying, but read this post: http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/show...night-issues&p=1069216&viewfull=1#post1069216

There are particular tips there that might help you, such as downgrading to the old v1.0 exe, putting a copy of the old ddraw.dll in the JK folder etc.

To those who mentioned broken links that link also has some great resources such as the ones I originally linked to myself

If you follow those tips and it still doesn't work, you might want to try some custom parameters for JK.exe to change the video mode manually -- you can do this from within Steam, or by creating your own batch file that leads to the executable.

The EXE should be located in:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star wars jedi knight
or
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Knight\

Top Bottom