• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy III (DS, iOS) coming to PSP

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Have you ever liked an RPG that isn't Pokemon?

Ah, I did have to think about it for a while.

In the past gen the only one I've really loved is FFCC Echoes of Time, but I will concede to you it isn't my favorite genre.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They really aren't going to remake V, are they? It seemed like a sure bet since it seems relatively simple to reimagine compared to VI. I hold no hope out for that one, but a 3D V...why not?

Eusis

I remember buying this game the same day as Red Steel and it was still the worst game I bought that day.
Meh, a somewhat fun retro RPG that may be a sub-optimal way to play it versus one of the most disappointing launch titles that nevertheless IS still dumb fun... I'd give the edge to FFIII, didn't hate Red Steel like many did but I'm glad I only rented it. Too bad they were dumb and forced you to replay the whole game just to see the other ending.

Bulzeeb

They really aren't going to remake V, are they? It seemed like a sure bet since it seems relatively simple to reimagine compared to VI. I hold no hope out for that one, but a 3D V...why not?

Maybe they don't want to make all the polygons for the different classes, every character had his unique class style so they need about 30 different skins for each party member

B.K.

If they don't screw it up, Bravely Default will probably be the closest we'll ever get to a remake of V.

If they don't screw it up, Bravely Default will probably be the closest we'll ever get to a remake of V.
You're insane if you think SE is just going to stop remaking games in the series.

Or, at least until they've done I through VI. VII has that "too big to pull off" thing going for it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not sure if posted already, teaser trailer and screenshots have been uploaded:
http://andriasang.com/con1ea/psp_ffiii_trailer/

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff3/

This is really horrible.

I mean the psp is capable of this(not one of the best fft0 screenshots)
4e31a5f0_Final-Fantasy-Type-0-Shiva-Gameplay-Screenshot.jpg

And you give me this(probably at full price)?
Final-Fantasy-III_PSP_9314.jpg

EDIT:
Give me the ios one instead(and fft0 too)!
11.jpg

CorvoSol

FFIII DS PSP! Now with 2% more content and a foreword by beloved author and critically complained story-crafter, Motomu Toriyama!

Tabris

Know what would be nice? Adding a save point in the last level.

Luckily I got really lucky when I beat the end boss on first go but I almost lost a couple times through out the battle, and that would have meant like 3 hours wasted (as you had to grind in the last level to stand a chance against the boss)

Aru

Fast forward option for battles is great news. I may consider buying the game if it's released in english on PSP/Vita.
I love FF4 but FF4CC wouldn't be as enjoyable if it didn't have a fast forward option. Every single turn-based RPG NEEDS them.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
FFIII DS was absolute horseshit. What bothered me in both III and IV DS were how limited the number of enemies on screen due to lack of RAM. Did they change that in the iOS version? The battles dont feel so tense when you only have like 2-3 enemies on screen vs. 8 on screen in the original. Meh on this PSP port really. You guys should just get Type-0 if that hits NA/Europe.

This was my huge problem with regards to the DS port of FFIII. Shame since it's one of my favorite games in the series and I was looking very much forward to the remake.

2005 was when they showed that remade intro at E3. But remakes for FF VII to IX were already rumored to come out for PS2, so it might go back even further than 2004.
I see. If I recall correctly they also showed the ballroom dance scene on PS2. It's fucking sad how they've been teasing fans for so long. When it comes to these things I really feel that SE is one of the worst and most abusives companies.

I see. If I recall correctly they also showed the ballroom dance scene on PS2. It's fucking sad how they've been teasing fans for so long. When it comes to these things I really feel that SE is one of the worst and most abusives companies.

Well, they were pretty clear in saying that they were just tech demos and remakes were not in development. I do also think that everytime someone asks S-E whether VII remake exists or not, the company states that they're not working on that.

XIV is easily the worst. That's not even fair to make. Granted, in a few months that may no longer be the case...

The difference is that XIV can be (if you ask me, already has been) fixed. A mainline title on the other hand...can't. So the online ones don't count until they die because that's the final product.

I'm glad I held off getting the iPhone version, it's going to be nice having the first 9 final fantasys on my vita when Sony sort out the psone games, time to invest in that 32gb card.

Kazerei

Banned
New screenshots via Andriasang (more at the link)

RPBLt.jpg
ZcO06.jpg

2GzWa.jpg
ieULb.jpg

I really liked that FFIV PSP was re-done with sharp new 2D sprites, instead of using FFIV DS's ugly 3D models. Too bad FFIII isn't getting the same treatment.

Levyne

Banned
New screenshots via Andriasang (more at the link)

I really liked that FFIV PSP was re-done with sharp new 2D sprites, instead of using FFIV DS's ugly 3D models. Too bad FFIII isn't getting the same treatment.

I agree..though I'm not sure new sprites would turn my opinion on FF3 in any case

Aeana

I agree..though I'm not sure new sprites would turn my opinion on FF3 in any case
New sprites might not, but design closer to the original might. I've gotten lots of people who didn't like FF3 DS to try the original version and they ended up liking it.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I can't believe how many people don't love the FF3DS art style.

I actually love it and prefer remakes like this over the 2d ones seen with FFI-II-IV on PSP. I don't need a cheap imitation of the original in 2d, I'm more into the "re-imagining in 3d" of FFIII and IV remakes.

Top Bottom