• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert807

I loved to buy a Nintendo switch pro controller. I have yet to see one for sale in all the stores I been too. I had an easier time finding a switch than those controllers. Oh well, I hope I can find one before mariokart is released .

timnich

Amazon US has Switch Pro Controllers for sale, they ship to Canada. Don't think it's worth it with the current conversion rate, but if you can't wait it's better than what the scalpers are charging.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I wonder how many were bought by scalpers

Norman-leon-35112912-245-150.gif

Firestorm

Got a super nice Best Buy rep at the store nearby who did an exchange for my E3 Wii U Breath of the Wild for a Switch one! Always on time and solid service. Also Canada Post instead of Purolator. Wish they kept doing the E3 promos because I vastly prefer them to Amazon.

SickBoy

Browsing Kijiji locally, I've been pleasantly surprised how few Switch consoles there are (relatively speaking). They're certainly there, but maybe a handful seem to be listed every couple of days... I think if it was the Christmas season, there would be more, and the asking prices would be a little more insane.

$37 is too damn much for a damn carrying case. I paid $30 for Dancing All Night collectors edition and Ill just stick with that case.

Switch accessory pricing is out of control. Thank God that Orzly protector was only $14.

The dancing all night case is too small though, well if you take out both the joycons then it will fit I guess.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The dancing all night case is too small though, well if you take out both the joycons then it will fit I guess.

Thata right I just put the Joycons in my jacket pocket. The case itself is a perfect fit for just the tablet.

Dazzler

Browsing Kijiji locally, I've been pleasantly surprised how few Switch consoles there are (relatively speaking). They're certainly there, but maybe a handful seem to be listed every couple of days... I think if it was the Christmas season, there would be more, and the asking prices would be a little more insane.

Lot of them for sale on Vancouver Craigslist - I browse it each day looking for gems and it's been flooded with switch since launch

Mr. F

Banned
Man, the new gen tax plus the CDN sucking made for a sobering experience browsing the eShop on Switch. Was hoping to grab Binding of Isaac but guess I'll wait to grab the physical on sale sometime. :((

baconcow

Got a super nice Best Buy rep at the store nearby who did an exchange for my E3 Wii U Breath of the Wild for a Switch one! Always on time and solid service. Also Canada Post instead of Purolator. Wish they kept doing the E3 promos because I vastly prefer them to Amazon.

This happened for me, also. I received my 2014 pre-order and it was damaged (hole through the package and game case). They didn't have anymore Wii U copies and couldn't order me one, so they offered me my pre-order amount back ($45 CAD) back or a Switch copy. I happily took the Switch copy.

Edit: ^^ Nice! I have the originals, so I wouldn't buy them again. One of the best graphic novels I have ever read. Just below Death Note.

EB Games is doing a Platinum/Onyx exclusive trade in deal March 24-26. Not as great as the 2x total trade value, but still decent.

Platinum: 50% bonus (also 20% off used purchase)
Onyx: 75% bonus (also 30% off used purchase)

EDIT: Check your email from this morning for details if you got it.

leeman

I preordered the Steelbook edition of FF12 but I'm not getting the 20% off from Prime, is it normal?

When Amazon first puts things live, sometimes takes a day for the prime discount to show up. They generally apply it when it ships or sometime before it ships, or you can contact CS after it is live and they will adjust your order.

Iced

Made accounts on zoolert and nowinstock to get Switch stock notifications. Anywhere else I should consider? Going nuclear here.

Moltenix

*sigh* Another week goes by with Switch stock still limited. Worst part is I could've secured a preorder but was on the fence at the time. Should've followed the preorder/buy first, think later mentality...

*sigh* Another week goes by with Switch stock still limited. Worst part is I could've secured a preorder but was on the fence at the time. Should've followed the preorder/buy first, think later mentality...

Yep. I always do that. You can cancel preorder last minute if you're not hyped. You can return the preorder to the store if you're not happy with the product. You can sell the preorder on Kijiji for cost if you are past the 30 days to return, and enjoy being flooded by emails.

sj00

Made accounts on zoolert and nowinstock to get Switch stock notifications. Anywhere else I should consider? Going nuclear here.

The Chrome VisualPing and Page Monitor extensions worked pretty well for me back when the Smash amiibo were rare.

Bronetta

Keep an eye out Monday morning for restocks.

EB Games got shipments last Monday so they may be getting another shipment this coming Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom