• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Ono Details Deep Down

Zaventem

>The game is set in New York, year 2094. The members of a group called “Ravens” (the players) have the special ability to travel back in time by reading the memory of items and listening to the voice of the past. They can travel to the past by using the information they read from the items.

Og god just because assassin's creed got away with the fuck shit doesn't mean you can.

Then why the recent screens look like a downgrade from the quality of the first video?

Maybe because they showed it in the first place? Putting it into the public consciousness, let alone hitching it to an upcoming console that people are already hyped beyond belief about, creates a rabid, unrelenting pestering of "more info please!", "update nao!", "where is this game, mang?!" that may force a dev to not squeeze everything they can out of the hardware in order to deliver sooner than they had originally anticipated.

I still think that what we saw was a target render and that that level of fidelity will not be seen on the system unless it's a cutscene or maybe 6, 7 years into the PS4's life.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
No, it's obviously downgraded compare the first four screens with the second ones and you see a massive downgrade.

Maybe I'm crazy but when I think of a "massive" downgrade, I think of the February reveal now looking like a Wii U game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The translation seems to indicate a single player offline mode.

Actually if you just combine everything, it makes sense:

-It’s still possible to play solo, and gamers should begin like that in order to get familiar with the game, then they should challenge the dungeons alongside other Ravens.
-Ono-san wants to reduce the barriers between players and online gameplay, in order to reassure those that are hostile to the idea of always online games.
-Since players are supposed to play the game for a long time, like most online games, large updates have already been scheduled, and they will happen on a regular basis. Capcom will continue to develop the game after release in order to let players feel the changes regularly.
What kind of game let's you play solo, has constant updates, but really wants to ensure you're online constantly to the point they remove the option to go offline?

If it's still not obvious, ask yourself "What kind of games does Capcom Online Games basically always make?"

Anko

The translation seems to indicate a single player offline mode.
Ono outright calls it an online game though (around 2:28), so I'm actually not too optimistic about that. It's also worth noting that the bulk of the video was Ono selling the online experience to us.

Sounds pretty good to me so far. Hopefully they can maintain 60 fps since it doesn't look too taxing to me since it will be situated in a closed dungeon.

B_Boss

60fps - yes
i don't get the whole new york thing. are we just playing in a cave or we'll be in other locations as well.

But beta this year plz.

Probably to do with the 'coming into contact with past memories' idea. The present-day aspect of the game is NY 2094 but perhaps you go back to medieval times at some point. Just my theory. Does beg the question of where the hell the game will take the player lol. I'm looking forward to it!

Grimløck;81733965 said:
Where are people getting 60fps from? The OP states that Ono does not say the game's 60fps in the linked video.

This is what I want to know as well. I read the edited OP, and now I'm reading the exact opposite.

It seems the 60fps thing Ono is talking about is actually related to the stunning demo of the PlayStation Meeting back in February. I don't know if Capcom aim to 60fps for the game itself. At least, that's what I understand from Gematsu.

Danneee

That story sucked all the hype out of me. I can't stand games where I'm pretending to be a character that in his turn pretends to be another character.

You can all sit there and bitch about those graphics and those FPS.

But I got my endearing rag doll physics, and that's all that I asked for.

I don't get why people are afraid of the single player comment. You can play through the game solo, or you can join friends. They would like you to join people and will be making an effort to get you there.

Sounds like Dark Souls, but with PVE and less "locking" the content behind interactions with other players.

You can all sit there and bitch about those graphics and those FPS.

But I got my endearing rag doll physics, and that's all that I asked for.

I don't get why people are afraid of the single player comment. You can play through the game solo, or you can join friends. They would like you to join people and will be making an effort to get you there.

Sounds like Dark Souls, but with PVE and less "locking" the content behind interactions with other players.

Sounds like monster hunter, seriously, stop with the dark souls comparison, the game structure is totally different, deep down won't have large interconnected area like dark souls

Top Bottom