• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

ReyBrujo

why wish? that's really easy if you hatch some eggs, cap a few pokemon and pick up a couple of gyms. I've do that pretty consistently actually....but then again I pay for incubators
I'm cheap, so all my money comes from defender. Bought a 8x Lucky Egg pack, got 5 left still, now at 540 coins, want to buy more incubators, but focus now is to reach L30 as fast as possible. Hatching takes time with only one incubator and 5km/10km eggs.

GulAtiCa

So, I currently have 740 Pokecoins. I estimate by the time I go on vacation (30th of this month) I will have gained an average of 15 coins per day, which be like 420 added. Then I'll load in 550 from Google Opinion Rewards at very least and finally buy 2500 worth of coins ($20) too. That will get me around 4210 coins total ready for action!

I'll use 400 of which to up my item bag to 600 limit, leaving me with 3810 coins. That will basically allow me to get 25 Egg Incubators! I'm going to be doing so much walking around Universal Studios, Marvel & Harry Potter World that I'm ready to hatch a LOT of eggs!

Oxx

I've hatched 131 eggs and they have been mostly boring.

There are at least 7 pokes in the image in the OP that I have neither hatched nor caught.

Anyone find it funny that nearby is only like 33% busy anymore?

People just can't be bothered to help out and add a throwaway account.

Oh well, just means less busy signals for the rest of us. ;p

I added an account, though the scan only works about every 1/10 attempts... maybe that could be why I dunno.

Yeah I am at a loss as to why he has no water moves....ugh

I was so excited when I got that last Squirtle only to be like...what? I don't even fight with my Pokemon that much and his move set bothered me lol

I really hope they revamp the battle system to make type advantages more important. That way a diverse moveset like the ones our Blastoises have could theoretically be useful. Unfortunately, I have no idea how they would do such a thing without also losing the casual appeal. Turning combat into a turn-based format like the mainline games would definitely alienate players like my wife, who would find it too complicated to deal with.

O hi

CrOTgtbVUAA_hRc.jpg

...welp

CrOTqNQUMAAWqq6.jpg

.........................welp

CrOTz0WVYAEotG0.jpg

That's nothing. I've seen two wild Vaporeon now and they've all been under 100CP.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I haven't used iv trackers that work with a token login (like pgnexus) for a while now out of fear of getting banned. Have there actually been reports of people getting banned for using these? I'd rather not take the risk, but I do love the exact percentage you get there instead of the estimate elsewhere.

AdanVC

I spend like half an hour trying to get into a level 7 gym that is closest to my house (Team mystic here) and I was all happy when I finally was able to leave my Vaporeon there. 30 minutes later I check again and it was taken by team tomato. Fuck. I was mad and I wanted to come back to defeat the two Vaporeons they leaved there but oh well. Tomorrow will be.

Dishwalla

Banned
Man there's just nothing going on tonight at the Pagoda/downtown. No real must have Pokemon, not very many people out, it's weird how quiet it is.

Geneijin

I haven't used iv trackers that work with a token login (like pgnexus) for a while now out of fear of getting banned. Have there actually been reports of people getting banned for using these? I'd rather not take the risk, but I do love the exact percentage you get there instead of the estimate elsewhere.
As much as I wish Niantic had different priorities, the new appraisal system makes IV calculations much more easier and accurate now. You'll still get an estimate, but it helps narrow fringe cases where it's stuck between 60-95% perfection because you now have a number to work with (ATK, DEF, STM.)

deanote666

It's a shame Pokemon Go doesn't properly track my steps otherwise I would play it more. I've gone on 5k runs, which I only got 0.7k credit for. Sometimes I make more progress by simply driving in traffic.

I put an egg in an incubator before going somewhere. Got there and still at 0km. Got an egg from a stop and put it in an incubator. 2 seconds later, both eggs had .3km on them.

Why haven't some nests changed? There's a squirtle nest near me that hasn't changed since launch. I'm not complaining I love squirtle, but I'm just curious as to why it hasn't changed.

zroid

Banned
One of the PokéStops near me that got removed a month or so ago has returned... under a different name. But it's basically in the same spot.

Radec

Saw a 1.5k Victreebell on the train station earlier. Wasted 5 ultraballs, 9 greatballs on it before it ran away.

Not a softban as im still catching low cp pokemon easily.

10k hatched, dratini :|

Memles

Wish I could get 7000 stardust in 2 hours.

That includes two 2km eggs and I THINK 1000 from gyms, but it was mainly just that the Virginia Zoo was having an event where their dozens of pokestops all had lures. As a result, lots of +100s, which add up when you're catching a Pokemon every few minutes.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
so my wife sent me a picture saying "interesting" showing off a few pokestops and a gym.

I am waiting for her to confirm what she is showing me, but if I got the meaning behind the picture correct... it seems that some of the stops that were removed a while back are now back, which would be cool as it's the best area to get rare pokemon around, so it would be nice to be able to get stops there again too.

Can confirm that some local stops that were removed have now returned. They are in same area although in slightly different locations

In other news, I finally have a complete regional pokedex. Caught Gyarados today which was my last missing mon. Awful CP and moves, but it's mine. Think I'm going to take a break from the game for now (unless a dragonite pops up nearby on radar ;)

Kinokou

I'm not donating since I won't even get at screen overlay IV calc. But with this change I have been telling non gaf people that I used the site before and that it's great and how to access it.

Nightbird

There's a house across the street that i want to be turned into a Pokéstop.

It has the same kind of ornaments on it walls most of the other pokestops-houses near me have.

Is there a way to do this?

I'm at 7 10k eggs...one more before 8x pinsir hatching

tonight I went around rare pokemon hunting with a group here in socal...pretty successful

Screenshot_20160902_014210.png

I'm at 7 10k eggs...one more before 8x pinsir hatching

tonight I went around rare pokemon hunting with a group here in socal...pretty successful

Screenshot_20160902_014210.png

Wow. First world PoGo problems, but I actually hate wild Dragonite (or any evolved wild pokemon). They're harder to catch than they are worth to me. That's a super impressive recent list for any amount of time. I can scroll down for this, but it spans four days because of all the transfers (last Friday to Monday). Also, Gyarados, Golduck and Kakuna were evolved, not wild:

Also, going through my screenshots just now reminded me I came across this today (I'm in California):

jariw

It annoys me to no end that my husband, who doesn't even really care about pokemon, it's on level 20 while I'm still a third the way through 19. Maybe I'll sneak out on night time walks to hatch a few more eggs.

It's usually much faster to increase in level by just catching wild pokemons than to hatch eggs. Each wild pokemon gets you a minimum of 100 XP, while a hatched egg only gives you 200/500/1000 XP, depending on the egg distance.

Evolving lots of "useless" pokemons (such as caterpies, pigeys, zubats, etc) is also cruical to increase in level quickly. Just a simple caterpie evolution (requiring 12 candy) is 500 XP on the way to the next level.

Firemind

God, this is brilliant. My 41CP Lapras and I are going to be best walking buddies forever (or in other words, until I finally earn enough Lapras candy to level the damn thing up into something useful).
I caught a Dratini that's near perfect but it's only 43 cp. It would take 91 candy to get it up to my current level and that's not including the 125 candy evolution cost. At least if it has crappy moves I don't need to power it up. :lol

I think the sound bug that I mentioned before where phone sounds outside of the app perma mutes the game has been fixed. I got notifications and plugged my phone in and the sound still holds up! I legit like the battle themes in the game so I'm happy with this.

GulAtiCa

So when the buddy system is finally introduced, what Pokemon are you all thinking of starting with?

Assuming it was soon, I'd prob start with a Pokemon that I wanted to evolve, but don't see many of it's Pokemon often enough. Maybe my Abra or my Geodude.

I'll probably do a lucky egg mass evolution this weekend, I just have to count to make sure I have 60. Last time I didn't count and wasted precious minutes transferring pokemon for more candy.

I used the pogotoolkit evolution calculator and am split between evolving guys who will only get me like 1400-1500 CP or if I should just keep the candy till I find that pokemon in the wild but stronger to start.

Swamped

Banned
It's usually much faster to increase in level by just catching wild pokemons than to hatch eggs. Each wild pokemon gets you a minimum of 100 XP, while a hatched egg only gives you 200/500/1000 XP, depending on the egg distance.

Evolving lots of "useless" pokemons (such as caterpies, pigeys, zubats, etc) is also cruical to increase in level quickly. Just a simple caterpie evolution (requiring 12 candy) is 500 XP on the way to the next level.

Oh absolutely. I'm trying to save up my evolutions for when i get a lucky egg though. And you're right that catching some pokemon and spinning pokestops definitely add up, especially in this area where there are an abundance of them! I think on most regular outings i gain up to 4000 XP which is not bad.

I think the sound bug that I mentioned before where phone sounds outside of the app perma mutes the game has been fixed. I got notifications and plugged my phone in and the sound still holds up! I legit like the battle themes in the game so I'm happy with this.

Yay! I mostly play on silent, but i do like the themes in this game too. In fact that pokemon shuffle game used to annoy me because it used different jingles and music lol.

Top Bottom