• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

zlatko

Banned
So I got a brand new copy of the limited edition for Reach off amazon for 27 bucks and free 2 day shipping.

Wednesday is the ETA. :D

Ebay had a daily deal for it for $100, sold it a month later. Tried to like it, couldn't:(

Anyways E3 is always awesome for Halo for me at least, still remember that H2 campaign mission with the single shot BR, then that Zanzibar Halo 2 footage while loading a ghost, and coming home from class and seeing that amazing H3 E3 trailer with Chief walking through the dust and the music cuts in. So good.
I could watch that Zanzibar footage all day. The map alone leaves my heart pining. Halo2 is probably the most exciting E3 Halo fans have ever experienced.

Kinect gave me what I wanted thanks to the wonderful Child of Eden.

So I got a brand new copy of the limited edition for Reach off amazon for 27 bucks and free 2 day shipping.

Wednesday is the ETA. :D
Really? Nice. It's £29 on Amazon.co.uk. Would consider getting it for my girlfriend, we both loved the Halsey Journal.

FyreWulff

from r/halo: Halo 3's population counter going crazy

i8Jl3.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Kinect gave me what I wanted thanks to the wonderful Child of Eden.

Really? Nice. It's £29 on Amazon.co.uk. Would consider getting it for my girlfriend, we both loved the Halsey Journal.

Yeah. Normal edition was 26, so for an extra dollar to get all the goodies is a steal. I'm excited to see what the hub bub was about the journal since I heard lots of good regarding it. :)

Fuchsdh

Yeah. Normal edition was 26, so for an extra dollar to get all the goodies is a steal. I'm excited to see what the hub bub was about the journal since I heard lots of good regarding it. :)

It's a nice piece of fiction, trying its best to deal with all the retcons in a coherent way.

Yeah, remember that one time Nintendo showed off its awful Wii Music game.
Then PS3 showed off its awful rip off Wii device.
Then MS showed off their nobody is going to buy this $100 peripheral.

How magical? So magical.
Nintendo effectively killed E3 (and the games industry) with the Wii, it just took a few years for the motion control poison to spread.

GhaleonEB

I found it interesting that 343 has teased that there is a new, ancient evil for the main threat in Halo 4, but so far is only showing the Covenant which is said to have a relatively small role in the campaign.

It probably won't happen, but I'd love it if they managed to NOT reveal the main threat, and let us discover it as the game progresses. It will probably hit at E3, but how great would it be if E3 and beyond was focused on MP and the first couple (Covenant-focused) missions.

WJD

I found it interesting that 343 has teased that there is a new, ancient evil for the main threat in Halo 4, but so far is only showing the Covenant which is said to have a relatively small role in the campaign.

It probably won't happen, but I'd love it if they managed to NOT reveal the main threat, and let us discover it as the game progresses. It will probably hit at E3, but how great would it be if E3 and beyond was focused on MP and the first couple (Covenant-focused) missions.

I'd love it if this is the case but I can't help but think that this "new evil" is going to be one of the main marketing tools. The general public would most likely be turned off if they thought they'd just be fighting the covenant again.

I'd love it if this is the case but I can't help but think that this "new evil" is going to be one of the main marketing tools. The general public would most likely be turned off if they thought they'd just be fighting the covenant again.
They can tease the enemy like showing shadows etc. "He will be fighting something he never faced before" etc.

I'd be happy if they didn't release any campaign info whatsoever, to be honest. Campaigns should feel like a fresh adventure, showing tons of multiplayer doesn't bother me a bit.

That would be amazing, but I just don't see it flying with anyone but the hardcore Halo fan. Journalists & general Halo customers would bitch like no tomorrow.

The general public would most likely be turned off if they thought they'd just be fighting the covenant again.
Yep.

That and I'm very curious how encounter designs might change in this new trilogy. Will this new threat mean we'll fight fewer but more dynamic AI enemies? Will the gameplay take on more linear bits to better ground the players into the fiction? Would changes like these free up more resources to put towards image quality to court the FPS crowd that expects any and all games, no matter how expansive or emergent to look like Killzone/Uncharted/Crysis?

That 720p and AA must have come from somewhere or did 343 free up resources purely through optimizations?

Inquiring minds want to know. And don't get me wrong, this isn't a FUD post, I'm honestly curious to see what design trade-offs 343 decided on and how that plays out in enemy and encounter design.

I would love another Flood-like reveal as in Halo: CE.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this near the end of the game. They've got to set the stage for Halo 5 somehow ;P

WJD

I would love another Flood-like reveal as in Halo: CE.

I imagine that could only fly if this new mysterious enemy was revealed fairly late on in the game. As it stands I think it'll be quite an early discovery. Say, second or third level.

Pretty sure it did (is doing) its job for the audience it set out for. I doubt many people got it for hardcore gaming.

Ah man, reminds me, when me and Robbert where doing anniversary coop, he would shout throw grenades, it wouldn't throw grenades but instead increased the brightness in the game.

Awesome.

Tawpgun

I also hope they tease the new enemy. Maybe drop enough hints for super fans to know what it is (if its something thats already in the fiction) but no gameplay of it in action. Let it be fresh.

Fuchsdh

Kinect's voice features have the capability of becoming useful in the next gen of hardware if they cut the lag, especially for features or commands you'd have to go through menus for (and thus a single button press isn't faster).

Top Bottom