• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Play Anywhere |OT| - Have you found Phil's Loophole?

Gowans

NfgXSc1.jpg

Now when you own an Xbox Play Anywhere digital title, it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

Buy once, play anywhere
Purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game, play it on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost.

Progress goes with you
Pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you.

Play Anywhere Games Out Now

Released on Xbox One with Play Anywhere Update Pending

Announced Upcoming Play Anywhere Games

rbwfEWc.jpg

Middle Earth Shadow of War

VVNbM1A.jpg

Super Luckys Tale

YQY6iKi.jpg

Hello Neighbor

hoqJnPL.jpg

Crackdown 3

Ha5qqyR.jpg

Sea of Thieves

iP5XdmH.jpg

State of Decay 2

Kvz6Qvf.jpg

Full Metal Furies

f2QVxYJ.png

Yoku's Island Express

sdeEClU.png

Ooblets

9u8MD0C.jpg

A Disney Pixar Adventure

LC3nZAK.jpg

Disneyland Adventures

B9PKqVO.jpg

Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

6mNO66g.jpg

Tower 57

bwszfoD.jpg

Wargroove

YIINgwo.png

Q.U.B.E. 2

zUwmzfu.jpg

Moonlighter

633owYX.jpg

Deep Rock Galactic

oaAQTCv.jpg

Ori Will of the Wisps

nqYM6iv.png

Robocraft Infinity

VYTYKBt.jpg

Battlerite

Xbox/Win 10 Games That Are NOT Play Anywhere
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Rise of Tomb Raider
  • Gears of War Collection
  • Quantum Break
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • #IDARB
  • Minecraft [Will Change with Better Together Update]
  • Minecraft Story Mode
  • Halo Spartan Assault
  • Halo: Spartan Strike
  • Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Plague Inc
  • Stealth Inc
  • Oxenfree
  • Gunscape
  • Hand of Fate
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Riptide GP2
  • Sheltered
  • The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  • The Escapists
  • Batman: The Telltale Series
  • The Turing Test
  • KYUB
  • Abzu
  • The Walking Dead Season One
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Tell Tale Series
  • Cities Skylines
  • Metro: Exodus
  • The Darwin Project
  • The Last Night
  • The Artful Escape
  • Tacoma
  • Ashen
  • Broken Age
  • Thumper

FAQ
How does Xbox Play Anywhere work?
When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game through the Xbox Store or the Windows Store, it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. To take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere, you will need to have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update on your PC, as well as the latest update on your Xbox One console. Then, simply log into your Xbox Live/Microsoft account and your Xbox Play Anywhere games will be available to download.

Does Xbox Play Anywhere cost extra?
No, there is no additional cost for Xbox Play Anywhere. When you buy an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game, the ability to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC is included at no additional charge.

How do I know if a game is Xbox Play Anywhere?
Participating games will be marked on www.xbox.com, in the Xbox Store, and in the Windows Store with the Xbox Play Anywhere icon. You can also go to www.xboxplayanywhere.com to see a full list of participating games.

Is there a comprehensive list of all Xbox Play Anywhere games?
Yes, you can see a list of all participating games at www.xboxplayanywhere.com.

Can I be signed into the same game on Xbox One and my Windows 10 PC?
In any single point in time, you may only sign into the game on one Xbox One console or one Windows 10 PC. You cannot be signed into the same game on both an Xbox One console and a Windows 10 PC at the same time.

Will my game progress be saved on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs?
Yes. When you play an Xbox Play Anywhere game, your game progress is saved on Xbox Live. So, you can pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you.

Will downloadable content for Xbox Play Anywhere games also be playable on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC?
Yes. Downloadable content that you buy or earn for an Xbox Play Anywhere game that you own will also be playable on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. This includes game add-ons, Season Passes, consumables and in-game unlocks.

Will I earn Gamerscore and Achievements twice if I play the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC?
A single shared set of Gamerscore and Achievements will be earned and awarded for Xbox Play Anywhere games.

Are Xbox Play Anywhere games digital only or also disc games?
Xbox Play Anywhere only applies to digital games. Xbox Play Anywhere games can be purchased in the Xbox Store, the Windows Store, or via a digital code at participating retailers.

Resources

Zeta Oni

Whew, can't wait for dat dragon co op goodness.

And that agent co op goodness.

And that pirate co op goodness.

And that Australian co op goodness.

And that gnasher co op goodness.

And Phantom Dust.

Zedox

Can't wait to buy some of these games that my tablet can play like Cuphead. Or even at work. 😀

As someone that primarily plays on console but has double dipped in the past to mess with PC versions, this is amazing. Only have to have a single dip.

Backlogger

Plan on getting:

Sea of Theives
Gears of War 4
Recore
Crackdown 3

I own an Xbox One and pretty good gaming PC and wil definitely use this feature

Gowans

I really wish they would make the stuff thats already out on Xbox One and Win 10 Play Anywhere Retrospective.

Xbox/Win 10 Games That Are Not Play Anywhere
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Rise of Tomb Raider
  • Gears of War Collection
  • Quantum Break
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • #IDARB
  • Minecraft
  • Minecraft Story Mode
  • Halo Spartan Assault
  • Halo: Spartan Strike
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Plague Inc
  • Stealth Inc
  • Oxenfree
  • Gunscape
  • Hand of Fate
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Riptide GP2
  • Sheltered

I thought #IDARB was but maybe its just Crossplay?

bede-x

Can I be signed into the same game on Xbox One and my Windows 10 PC?
In any single point in time, you may only sign into the game on one Xbox One console or one Windows 10 PC. You cannot be signed into the same game on both an Xbox One console and a Windows 10 PC at the same time.

How will they prevent you from doing that if you're offline? Can the PC games be used offline or do they have some DRM in place preventing that?

I love all these games are coming to PC, Gears and Crackdown especially. Won't use the Win 10 store for anything other than games exclusive to it though.

I never understood why they just don't include a Win10 version code for retail Xbone games, it would be a simple way to do the play anywhere stuff for retail games. I hope they do it since I mostly play retail games, I don't have the HD space for all these games digitally.

Glad cuphead is play anywhere though :D

Have they gone in depth at all on the XBL feature set on PC? Will we be able to voice chat across platforms? Join parties?

I'm glad they are doing this but I really hope they go all in. Make the Xbox Windows app a true hub where I can add launchers for every game on my system. If they do this right I wouldn't have a problem never looking towards Steam (outside of the ridiculous deals) again.

SOR5

Let's talk about this.

Has it been confirmed that all PA games will be cross play as well? OP only mentions cross buy and cross save.

Most will, where it matters.
For things like co-op, you'll get it easy, because who cares who's using what, you're all on the same team.
For matchmaking in things like KI, theres a pretty even playing field as long as you meet the FPS limit
For things like matchmaking in shooters like Gears, thats where it gets iffy and I think they are implementing systems that look at player input and match them together, but right now its not ready yet
You dont want another Shadowrun situation lol, its really up to the devs to judge what works best

Strider

Let's talk about this.

Has it been confirmed that all PA games will be cross play as well? OP only mentions cross buy and cross save.

It's up to the dev for how that works I believe so it'll be different for each game.

For example for Gears all PvE modes like Campaign Co-op and horde mode are crossplay but for Competitive PvP crossplay is disabled.

Angel_DvA

it's pretty much Cross buy + Cross play for some games, I'm ok with this but I don't think they need to act like they have reinvent the wheel.

Gowans

Let's talk about this.

Its going to depend of the game.

Halo Wars wont be I believe and Gears 4 it will only be Co-Op multiplayer modes

Forza Horizon is and KI is too.

Gowans

Wait, Dead Rising is not PA? thank you capcom.

Yeah I thought it was till I had a closer look, its a shame, how big is an audience who buys games twice?

This scheme really works for me, I play all my games on Xbox but have a beast PC in my office that nibble at games but if I'm already chugging through sometime on Xbox I can fire it up on the PC.

That's great. I hope the majority of Xbox exclusives in the future will be Play Anywhere. I'd much prefer to play on my PC but still keep in touch with friends.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Really good to know I'll be playing more Xbox games but I still find the name terrible since the only two places it allows me to potentially play games are a meter a part (the TV and the desk).

SOR5

What about custom games? I think they should let that be completely open.

If I'm understanding correctly, it has to be bought through the store. So codes from other places won't work as Play Anywhere?

You can get the codes from stores

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cross-play too?

Ideal, if FIFA 17 sucks I'm selling my xbox, as I won't need it anymore to communicate/play with friends

Bsigg12

Yeah I thought it was till I had a closer look, its a shame, how big is an audience who buys games twice?

This scheme really works for me, I play all my games on Xbox but have a beast PC in my office that nibble at games but if I'm already chugging through sometime on Xbox I can fire it up on the PC.

This is why I'm excited for it. I have my computer in my office that's pretty beefy and my Xbox One in the living room. If my girlfriend wants to watch TV, I can go play in the office otherwise I can get my comfy couch gaming on with the Xbox One.

Just preordered Horizon 3 on the Marketplace last Friday, went Ultimate on this one. I adore 2 and while I won't be playing it on my PC anytime soon until I upgrade it I am excited to know I can play it on that machine in the future.

leeh

You better try your best to get 3rd parties involved in this MS. If this happens for games like FIFA, id loose my shit.

flkraven

I never understood why they just don't include a Win10 version code for retail Xbone games, it would be a simple way to do the play anywhere stuff for retail games. I hope they do it since I mostly play retail games, I don't have the HD space for all these games digitally.

Because people could just buy a retail copy, register the code on PC, and sell the retail copy immediately and basically get the game for nothing. Likewise, they could just sell the code to someone else.

JaggedSac

Because you could sell that.

Top Bottom