• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

They never reveal full numbers until registration ends. What is different this year is that there have been no updates about any games hitting a milestone. Wiz would do that in the past when USF4 hit 2k or when SFV hit 3k and 4k last year. In the end I'm sure they'll reveal all the numbers after registration ends. But the lack of hints or updates makes sense if the big 3 suffered massive declines if those numbers from last week are true.

shaowebb

It'll be like that 90's Rock vs Mankind empty arena match come sunday if its as rough as last year's EVO lol. Fixed seating, ass crack of dawn after late night qualifiers and a long ass walk between the original venue and the sunday venue. I don't care what tourney it is, I wouldn't wanna be a part of that. Especially now that so many communities have started wising up and designating their own world championship title at an event seperate from EVO where they can get the attention they need.

Honestly the tournies I care about yearly now are CEO, CEOTAKU, FROSTY FAUSTINGS, COMBO BREAKER. EVO doesn't even register much. I guess if I ever moved to Florida or near Chicago I'd be stoked for the yearly fun. I really wanna get out to Chicago sometime. Galloping Ghost arcade is something I really wanna visit sometime. See if maybe I cant put up a leader board score in the bullethell area someday.

CO_Andy

Let's compare 2017 to 2015

Street Fighter V: 1955
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 1031
Super Smash Bros. Melee: 1002
BlazBlue CF: 385
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2: 632
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: 450
Injustice 2: 560
Tekken 7: 560
KOF 14: 294

Ultra Street Fighter IV – 2227
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 1926
Super Smash Bros. Melee – 1869
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax – 437
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- – 968
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – 816
Mortal Kombat X – 1162
Tekken 7 – 458
Killer Instinct – 397

notworksafe

Is there generally less competition for Injustice 2, or is it just EVO numbers? I don't follow NRS.
on a larger scale, i don't know how injustice is doing. locally it's decently big. most nrs games here have a small handful of folks that play them but the dc aspect combined with better balance and feel is getting a lot more folks into it and they are actually sticking around and showing up to weeklies too, unlike mkx

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Mortal Kombat X – 1162
Tekken 7 – 458
Killer Instinct – 397

Well we know those numbers are wrong, Mr. Wiz posted the rankings on Twitter and Tekken 7 has the 3rd most entrants.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";241792383]KOF14 is pretty much dead. Even more dead than 5-bar connection search for SFV Ranked matches :-([/QUOTE]

at least those 300 ppl are playing a game thats enjoyable.

CO_Andy

KOF is alive. Just not in the USA.

Well we know those numbers are wrong, Mr. Wiz posted the rankings on Twitter and Tekken 7 has the 3rd most entrants.
The numbers are outdated by now. Tekken 7 occupies fourth since both Smash games have the same numbers.

ShinMaruku

KOF is fine evo will be fine too. It's just not the esports rebirth some bairns want it to be. It cannae be a Renaissance ye wee bairns!

Compbros

Is there generally less competition for Injustice 2, or is it just EVO numbers? I don't follow NRS.

The people that play NRS games are mostly NA as you will see few international players so numbers are always gonna be mostly similar to other majors. Both Combo Breaker and CEO had almost 400 entrants for example. On top of that NRS are notoriously late pre-reggers, I've seen about 20 in the last week say they just registered and booked their room.

tumblr_os41saos6Z1qe1p17o1_540.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/bar_wakasaki/status/875650139548917761

vulva

^^ guessing alot of alioune and rmz in there

KOF is alive. Just not in the USA.

The numbers are outdated by now. Tekken 7 occupies fourth since both Smash games have the same numbers.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to get at. You mention the numbers being outdated yet you post a comparison of final numbers and these outdated and unconfirmed numbers for some reason? I'm assuming you have a point or discussion you're looking to reach but I can't quite connect the dots. Right now it just seems that you don't understand what a comparison is.

Mortal Kombat X – 1162
Tekken 7 – 458
Killer Instinct – 397

CO_Andy

Right now it just seems that you don't understand what a comparison is.
MrWiz tweets suggest that the API numbers might not be bs if he's discounting tickets.

Until ticket sales are closed we won't get a completely accurate picture. Everyone knows that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seriously there seems to be no EVO hype. Usually have people talking about it non stop this time of year but everybody is just chilling and playing other games.

MrCarter

Tbh I never really cared for EVO much. There are too many games and brackets that I find it such a slog to go through it all. Looking forward to any announcements though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Seriously there seems to be no EVO hype. Usually have people talking about it non stop this time of year but everybody is just chilling and playing other games.

Well people really seem to be underplaying the effect last year had. Last year was completely and utterly miserable. Super crowded, nowhere to sit, terrible layout, almost impossible to spectate anything. That's not taking account the hotel arrangements which they fixed this year.

It was easily one of the worst tournaments last year and it's no surprise that people don't want to go through with that again.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's not even about going to it. Not seeing it being talked in circles I frequent like usual. Some people are like EVO is in two weeks? Shows how much they care about it this year.

Top Bottom