• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

fireflame

I used the pokéban a few days ago, i had notplayed since january. I realized to my greatest disappointment that there is no national pokédex available in game, but only through the pokébank...

So having lost one optional goal i had given myself, i just transferred all my gen 7 pkémon to complete my national dex on the pokébank. I would really have appreciated being able to get a reward in game for completing the national pokédex.

SuperOrez

Hi everyone. I just wanted some outside help on my team if you wouldnt mind.

This is my team so far and I'd say overall I'm about a 50% win rate. I just wanna improve my online record.

Garchomp
Jolly
Groundium
Max attack and speed evs
Fire Fang (recently switched from Poison Jab)
Protect
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Ninetales
Timid
Focus Sash
Max Speed and Spc Att Evs
Protect
Blizzard
Dark Pulse (recently changed from Aurora shield)
Ice attack that’s super effective against water type. Forgot its name.

Tapu Fini
Bold
Leftovers
Max Def and Special Def Evs
Protect
Heal Pulse
Calm Mind
Muddy Water
Thing about my Fini is that I caught it thinking the tapus and UBs were illegal so it’s spc att IVs are terrible but its Def SpecDef and HP are perfect.

Metagross
Adamant
Assault Vest
Max Att and Def evs
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbut
Brick Break

Arcanine
Adamant
50% healing berry
Max HP and Speed Evs
Extreme Speed
Protect
Snarl
Fire Fang (I know, probably change to flare burst but I evolved him too soon)

Jolteon
Timid
Air Balloon
Max Speed and Spec Att
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Thunderbolt
Protect.

You can patch Fini's stats up via Hyper Training no ?

I'm sort of guessing it's a VGC (and thus doubles) team from your comment about legality ?

Yeah it's a vgc team.Yeah I need to get fini to lv100 I've just been procrastinating and playing online instead.

At a glance I think you're trying to be too singles style defensive for doubles. Almost everyone has Protect.

I don't really understand why you're running Focus Sash on Ninetails despite Ninetails not having anything that's hugely dependent on having 1 round to get off which is when Focus Sash is usually used either.

SuperOrez

Really? I thought protect was used alot in dubs. Ninetails just dies really fast even if i got an aura veil up. I don't maybe the way I play is bad.

All the teams look the same. I was disappointed after joining my first competition in May to find out more than half the players ran the same things. It was like playing bots. So predictable. But that's what wins battles apparently.

All the teams look the same. I was disappointed after joining my first competition in May to find out more than half the players ran the same things. It was like playing bots. So predictable. But that's what wins battles apparently.

You do get teams that work by playing the meta or having a gimmick that the standard teams theoretically can handle but are very rarely set up to deal with (like Extreme Evo-Boost teams or Follow Me! Teams)

Convergence towards optimum is the normal outcome of competitive play. Since Pokemon rarely pays attention to competitive balance and when it does it tends to lean towards being 'interesting' which is usually bad for Defensive play, you tend to end up with vast swathes of Pokemon being effectively unusable , so the Pareto front isn't exactly large either.

Smasher89

Hi everyone. I just wanted some outside help on my team if you wouldnt mind.
The spreads are a bit to basic for my taste, often a little bulk can be a huge lifesaver which can matter alot in certain scenarios.
I notice a lack of speedcontrol/statusmoves which could help, and aurora veil on ninetales could also be used assuming it gets hail set up with snow warning.

Andrefpvs

This took forever to do:

uWOFms9.jpg

I am running out of things to do in this game.

CrimsonN0

Well, I originally wasn't going to bother filling out the pokedex, but since I'm so close to doing it at this point...Could someone help me evolve my Porygon to Porygon 2 and then to Porygon Z?

Type2

So im playing ORAS for the first time and need some help getting a few things like synchro mons since im up to latias.

Type2

I should have a few Syncros I can breed from. What nature were you looking for and I'll check if I have one ?
In this case I believe timid is best. I'm pretty excited for this one since the late game looks meaty.

Edit: im basically looking for any easy to spare breeding starter packs and synchro mon.

In this case I believe timid is best. I'm pretty excited for this one since the late game looks meaty.

Edit: im basically looking for any easy to spare breeding starter packs and synchro mon.

I apologize for the delay, I've had some medical issues. I'll make sure I get back to you on this in the next 24 hours.

Okay, I can breed a Timid Synchronize Raltz in ORAS easily enough, if you still need one. What breeding starters were you looking for exactly ? Or roughly if you just want things meeting a certain criteria.

CazTGG

So...I got a Rowlet in a Beast Ball from GTS (I put up a Totodile since I was looking to breed a Special/Mixed Rowlet for Ultra Sun/Moon and the only Decidueye I have is male, and I can't be bothered to breed a female with a meager 12% chance of it occurring). Are the Alola starters even available in other balls because this doesn't like one it should be in?

So...I got a Rowlet in a Beast Ball from GTS (I put up a Totodile since I was looking to breed a Special/Mixed Rowlet for Ultra Sun/Moon and the only Decidueye I have is male, and I can't be bothered to breed a female with a meager 12% chance of it occurring). Are the Alola starters even available in other balls because this doesn't like one it should be in?
I'm so bad at breeding so I don't remember which parent, but one of the parents can pass on the ball they were caught in, so they could have passed the ball on by using a parent that wasn't a Decidueye.

Right now if you get a gen 7 starter in anything but a regular poke ball it's not legit :(

CazTGG

Right now if you get a gen 7 starter in anything but a regular poke ball it's not legit :(

Can't be illegitimate if I breed one.

4RZEL9m.gif

In all seriousness, that's a downer. Really wish you could swap Pokéballs instead of being stuck with the one they start with/were caught with.

WPS

I'm so bad at breeding so I don't remember which parent, but one of the parents can pass on the ball they were caught in, so they could have passed the ball on by using a parent that wasn't a Decidueye.

This only works with the same species, just like hidden abilities. So, once you have one pokémon in a specific ball you can breed infinite more, but it has to be available without breeding in the first place.

Can't be illegitimate if I breed one.

In all seriousness, that's a downer. Really wish you could swap Pokéballs instead of being stuck with the one they start with/were caught with.

I so so so wish you could change Poké Balls. Certainly make some that can't be changed like Cherish or Master Ball, but it's sucks when you like your team to have a certain identity.

I breed all my Pokémon in Premier Balls, but genderless Pokémon were always bred in a basic Poké Ball until SuMo, so they never matched. Now you can get them in any ball you want, but I don't want to redo a bunch of Pokémon from scratch.

Not to mention Pokémon brought up from the VC are trapped in basic balls forever. It would be really nice if you could change it out.

This only works with the same species, just like hidden abilities. So, once you have one pokémon in a specific ball you can breed infinite more, but it has to be available without breeding in the first place.

Ah, that sucks. Like I said I suck at breeding so I didn't know about that rule.

Morokh

Wanted to sign-in for the current quest, but I keep getting a maintenance message for the second day in a row, is it an usual time or is it something on my end ?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wanted to sign-in for the current quest, but I keep getting a maintenance message for the second day in a row, is it an usual time or is it something on my end ?

I was having the issue as well, but it resolved by restarting the 3DS entirely.

Anustart

If I wanted to complete the pokedex, is there a guide to follow somewhere that could aid me?

Also on that topic, anyone have a spare litten, popplio or, long shot, lunala? Also would be in the market for one of them magic ditto's.

Thanks for any help!

Jamh

Neo Member
If anyone is interested I found 3 extra NA Lycanroc - Midnight Form cards I got from Gamestop a while back. They expire on August 4th though, so if anyone wants one let me know.

Sioul

If anyone is interested I found 3 extra NA Lycanroc - Midnight Form cards I got from Gamestop a while back. They expire on August 4th though, so if anyone wants one let me know.

Can I get one code? Thanks :D

Edit: Thank you very much!

If I wanted to complete the pokedex, is there a guide to follow somewhere that could aid me?

Also on that topic, anyone have a spare litten, popplio or, long shot, lunala? Also would be in the market for one of them magic ditto's.

Thanks for any help!

Serebii national dex where they have all Pokémon in numerical order.

I bread and put up Weedle on the GTS and got back any Pokémon I requested. Just breed a Pokémon that's not in the Sun and Moon dex and put it on GTS. It'll either be a hit like weedle was for me or you'll need to try something else.

My old guide for getting legendaries.

Put a Electikid in GTS for a Rhyperior

Put Rhyperior up for a easy to obtain legendaries like Lake guardians or in this case Ultra Beast. (I didn't test this with Ultra Beast)

Put Lake Guardian in for legendary you want. If you don't get your trade within a few hours trade to a lesser but slightly harder to find legendary and then put that one in for the one you want.

You're basically trading up.

I started playing Pokémon again at the beginning of gen 6 leaving after playing gen 2. I didn't have anything. I created my own method above and before PokéBank was even released in the west I had every single legendary with their English name that was released.

I'm away so can't help you right now with the starters but if you don't get then by the end of the day send me a PM and I'll help with what I can.

Edit: lol.. How's this OT still on gaming side and not moved to the community side yet?

Top Bottom