• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Final ATR at TGS 2017 [UP] Story updates continue into 2018

ToonLink

I was thinking of waiting until they stopped releasing content to buy the game, but if they're going to be releasing content well into next year I might as well get it now, I guess.

Squire banned? :D

That's a shame. He/she occasionally brought good points to the discussion. Shame what happened a few pages back.

I was thinking of waiting until they stopped releasing content to buy the game, but if they're going to be releasing content well into next year I might as well get it now, I guess.

Isn't the game on sale on PSN right now? Now is as good a time as any. :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So I’m on chapter 4 of the game now and I just watched the kingsglaive movie.

Should the game be making sense to me yet?
It’s really Story-light up to this point.

The movie was a fun watch, but... why did Regis agree to let them in in the first place? So strange

FinalAres

So I’m on chapter 4 of the game now and I just watched the kingsglaive movie.

Should the game be making sense to me yet?
It’s really Story-light up to this point.

The movie was a fun watch, but... why did Regis agree to let them in in the first place? So strange
By chapter 4 there's really nothing confusing. Everything is laid out, it's later that things start getting weird. What are you even getting confused by?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
By chapter 4 there's really nothing confusing. Everything is laid out, it's later that things start getting weird. What are you even getting confused by?

Well I’m 10 hours in which is a long time for not much to go on at all. Who was that pretty boy guy from the Empire that I whipped when he got into some magitech armor to try and stop me? Felt really random.

Anyways I stopped playing to just watch the movie to try and understand what happened in Insomnia at the beginning of the game, since the opening to the game felt very rushed - and now ten hours later, not much else. Just making sure I haven’t missed anything.

Koozek

From the new Famitsu interview:
Q. So along with with the developments in 2018 that was touched on in the last ATR, you want to deliver news and information in a new format while maintaining the existing community?
A. Yes, that's we intend to do. FFXV has been developed in an evolving format that includes many additional content and this has become a place where the development team can challenge new things. As a result, many new leaders are being born left and right. And in the ATR, we introduced a new leader ''Takahashi'' (Director of Comrades) and with that, we want to combine the newer generations and continue our communication with the fans. You know, the rate of every ones growth is amazing. That is, also the same with me, ever since the release until now, we haven't stopped (working) at all. We've just accumulated so much EXP (laughs).

Q. Please rest a bit so you can expend those experience points (laughs).
A. Right? (laughs) However, the continued development in 2018 was decided to meet the voices and expectations of the fans. If it wasn't for this, we would have finished already. But we we want to deliver these voices and so we want to continue running till the very end.

Q. In regards to the updates contents to further enhance the story in 2018;
A. We are not saying that we are going to simply pull out additional fixed DLC, we are planning to do things that are deeply involved in the core story of the game. We want to do something... where it gives the player a meaningful reason to play it again, or something like that. In regards to the amount of content, looking at the current development, we are looking at around the amount of 4 DLC packs worth of content at maximum. As a AAA title, I think this is the limit. With this, we are going over on what we should deliver.

Q. You said that you will announce a roadmap for these updates within this year.
A. I want to release a roadmap sometime in November. If we can immediately start development, after Episode Ignis is released.

Q. What will the release format be for the additional DLC?
A. We are considering a new season pass that is different from the existing season pass that includes E.Ignis.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/729dj8/famitsu_interview_translations/

From the new Famitsu interview:
We are not saying that we are going to simply pull out additional fixed DLC, we are planning to do things that are deeply involved in the core story of the game. We want to do something... where it gives the player a meaningful reason to play it again, or something like that. In regards to the amount of content, looking at the current development, we are looking at around the amount of 4 DLC packs worth of content at maximum. As a AAA title, I think this is the limit. With this, we are going over on what we should deliver.
tumblr_on8fmiTjYb1qm36c1o1_500.gif

I really love FFXV and I'd like to play through it again, but I can't if they're doing something to the main game :D

I wonder what we could do to get the message that we want all the content integrated to the main game to the development team. It's bummer having to exit out of the game to play the episodes in the correct place in the story.

LordKasual

Banned
they need to just go ahead and International Ver/Zodiac Age/Final Mix the main storyline, add in those Comrades improvements, and spruce up the cutscene content.

I feel like they've taken really nice strides with the post-release content. Another polish pass through the main game could probably have really nice results.

More importantly....I feel like once all 4 DLC packs are released, there will no longer be a reason to restrict gameplay to only Noctis. I do not feel like FFXV loses anything by having only Noctis controllable, but if anything would encourage another playthrough / a second purchase, it would be the ability to switch between party members during combat.

FinalAres

I've got hope that what they're going to do in 2018 is what fans were hoping they'd do in 2017, but they've not been able to because they had to focus in the already agreed roadmap.

But my concern is that they'll upset people with how they want to charge for it. A second season pass featuring changes to the core game? I'm happy for that but it seeks like a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

Q. In regards to the updates contents to further enhance the story in 2018;
A. We are not saying that we are going to simply pull out additional fixed DLC, we are planning to do things that are deeply involved in the core story of the game. We want to do something... where it gives the player a meaningful reason to play it again, or something like that. In regards to the amount of content, looking at the current development, we are looking at around the amount of 4 DLC packs worth of content at maximum. As a AAA title, I think this is the limit. With this, we are going over on what we should deliver.

Wow! Amazing, Glad there is more support, guess they knew this had to happend because they only had like 3 years to finish the game, needed 4-5 which is pretty normal for AAA. I guess this milks more money, not sure because it really sours the reputation.

I've got hope that what they're going to do in 2018 is what fans were hoping they'd do in 2017, but they've not been able to because they had to focus in the already agreed roadmap.

But my concern is that they'll upset people with how they want to charge for it. A second season pass featuring changes to the core game? I'm happy for that but it seeks like a PR nightmare waiting to happen.
It really cant get any worse. FFXV is already rock bottom with the haters. Not much to lose anyway. With second season pass they get more money and when it's done they can just re-release it with all/most content added physically. If it doesn't fit to disc then character DLC:s would be downloaded.

FinalAres

Sheesh, looks like I won't be able to buy this game until late 2018 at the earliest.
It's up to you if you want to wait, I certainly understand your reasoning.

But I always find I don't appreciate a game's story properly until the second time through. So my plan is to complete the game once, and then buzz through the updated story on new game plus is 2018 when it's done.

It's up to you if you want to wait, I certainly understand your reasoning.

But I always find I don't appreciate a game's story properly until the second time through. So my plan is to complete the game once, and then buzz through the updated story on new game plus is 2018 when it's done.

I can't believe after a year there are still people who haven¨t been spoiled about the story.

@Koozek. Do you know exactly when the Chocobo carnival ends? You said end of September but when exactly? When it was first available it was from January 24, 2017 to February 20, 2017. I hope it isn't over yet.
Btw, how do you get the Assassin's Creed outfit if you get the egg? How do you use the egg? in a shop or something?
Thanks.

Koozek

@Koozek. Do you know exactly when the Chocobo carnival ends? You said end of September but when exactly? When it was first available it was from January 24, 2017 to February 20, 2017. I hope it isn't over yet.
Btw, how do you get the Assassin's Creed outfit if you get the egg? How do you use the egg? in a shop or something?
Thanks.
Not sure when exactly, but I was expecting a patch some time this week, which will probably remove the Chocobo Carnival (and add the increased hunt capacity thing they showed in the TGS Universe trailer, I guess?).

The Dream Egg automatically "turns into" the costume when you load up a save (I guess the save state which you played the Carnival on) and then it will be added to your inventory.

Not sure when exactly, but I was expecting a patch some time this week, which will probably remove the Chocobo Carnival (and add the increased hunt capacity thing they showed in the TGS Universe trailer, I guess?).

The Dream Egg automatically "turns into" the costume when you load up a save (I guess the save state which you played the Carnival on) and then it will be added to your inventory.

Thnks for the reply.
In the carnival there are Justice Monster Five arcades that can only be played if I spend 10 Gils but I have 0 right now since I didn't play the main game yet ( I don't have time to start the story yet and tbh I am waiting for the game to be fully patched and story finished). How can I get Gils in the carnival? If not how can I get easy Gils?

Koozek

Thnks for the reply.
In the carnival there are Justice Monster Five arcades that can only be played if I spend 10 Gils but I have 0 right now since I didn't play the main game yet ( I don't have time to start the story yet and tbh I am waiting for the game to be fully patched and story finished). How can I get Gils in the carnival? If not how can I get easy Gils?
Don't remember if you can get Gils anywhere besides maybe selling items in the shops. Besides, you can play JMF arcades in the main game too whenever you want in that city. I only started it once and played for a few seconds to get that one trophy.

Top Bottom