• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Funny glitch or satanic hidden message discovered?
58P5sHj.jpg

You will now be able to duplicate your Egg Incubators x 99!
Just be careful, else you will corrupt your data!

Toki767

So when the buddy system is finally introduced, what Pokemon are you all thinking of starting with?

Assuming it was soon, I'd prob start with a Pokemon that I wanted to evolve, but don't see many of it's Pokemon often enough. Maybe my Abra or my Geodude.

Charmander.

Those assholes are way too hard to catch.

GulAtiCa

Charmander.

Those assholes are way too hard to catch.

Yeah, that's going to be one of my buddies too. I'm so glad this is coming, as I thought Charizard might have been my last pokemon to get and would have taken many months.. lol

Omanyte will be another. I need about 18 or so more. I think this might be my 1st buddy.

jotun?

So when the buddy system is finally introduced, what Pokemon are you all thinking of starting with?

Assuming it was soon, I'd prob start with a Pokemon that I wanted to evolve, but don't see many of it's Pokemon often enough. Maybe my Abra or my Geodude.

Probably Snorlax. I have a 15-14-15, but only level 16 and I have no candy to power him up with

HardRojo

Is there a chance GPS spoofers wait around gyms often? I went for a walk earlier today and I swear I had 2 gyms where there was no one around and someone would immediately take down my gym after I put my Pokémon there.

AdanVC

Does somebody is using this track app for desktop users??

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

The guy who did this just update it but I can't put it to work. I created a brand new account just for this but I get the message "Possible Ban" everytime I log-in even though the account is brand new : / It's been like that since the last few weeks and I thought it would be fixed after the update but nope. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, can somebody help? :( This used to be the very best tracking app when it worked...

Does somebody is using this track app for desktop users??

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

The guy who did this just update it but I can't put it to work. I created a brand new account just for this but I get the message "Possible Ban" everytime I log-in even though the account is brand new : / It's been like that since the last few weeks and I thought it would be fixed after the update but nope. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, can somebody help? :( This used to be the very best tracking app when it worked...

I think you missed one of the steps in creating the account.
After it's created, you need to confirm the email address you used and then accept the terms and conditions of Pokemon Go.
If you don't do both of these, the app can't log in and thinks you might be banned.

tauke

So I went to a known Pikachu nest just now after I finish with work. Sadly the IV sucks but nonetheless I got a nice haul of Pikachus in one hour.

Also since it is quite a big open area and I spotted Clefairy in sightings, I did this quick infographic on how I move and finally caught it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Today I found a Gastly in the wild with an IV of 93%. I usually only get these kind of numbers from eggs. I was surprised by this, I think this is the best wild Pokémon I caught by quite a margin (IV-wise). All my best ones usually come from eggs.

I read this on another board, is it true: everyone who catches the same particular Pokémon in the wild, gets the same IV and moveset, only cp is the variable. I always thought everything was random per user, now it appears it's only cp.

WPS

Blarg, my 2K egg gave me a Zubat and my 10k egg gave me a Jynx, which are fairly common around here and not all that strong. Only good thing was a Cubone from my 5K egg.

Blarg, my 2K egg gave me a Zubat and my 10k egg gave me a Jynx, which are fairly common around here and not all that strong. Only good thing was a Cubone from my 5K egg.

I got my first Cubone yesterday, too. From the 5km egg group, I still have never seen/hatched a Diglett, Grimer, Ponyta, or Tangela. I'm only at 97 seen and caught.

I received two 10km eggs yesterday, but I'm actually saving up for a mass 10km hatching. I've had six 10km eggs, and they have all been very disappointing.

Some positive news included getting Poliwrath with Bubble + Hydro Pump and reaching level 25. I've been consistently getting 40-50 defender bonuses despite the town being plagued with strong Mystic gyms.

I wish that I could just find good stuff here. It's been slow going.

Dishwalla

Banned
Finally got my last Pikachu and Jigglypuff for a Raichu/Wigglytuff, only 20 more Pokes until I have all the available NA Pokemon. Think the only base Pokemon I don't have yet is Omanyte.

Finally got my last Pikachu and Jigglypuff for a Raichu/Wigglytuff, only 20 more Pokes until I have all the available NA Pokemon. Think the only base Pokemon I don't have yet is Omanyte.

Nice :eek:

In other news this hatched today. I tink it makes up for all those Eevee eggs I kept getting. High IVs too according to the appraisal thing in the game.

I had to contain my excitement while it hatched when I was in the grocery store lol

AdanVC

I think you missed one of the steps in creating the account.
After it's created, you need to confirm the email address you used and then accept the terms and conditions of Pokemon Go.
If you don't do both of these, the app can't log in and thinks you might be banned.

Thanks for your help!

But agh it still says "Possible ban" even after doing that : / I did the API thingy as well... Will create a last brand new account and try to login again. Thanks!

Edit: Just made it to work! You have to login with your burner PTC account on the actual Pokemon Go game, once you pass the tutorial and choose a starter Pokemon, you're good to go!

Pachimari

I wonder if we'll get the buddy system next week. It should be next week since the last update was last week. Can't wait to walk together with my Bulbasaur so I can evolve it. I don't think I'll ever catch stage 2 and stage 3 Pokemon anymore. Rather evolve my stage 1 Pokemon and gain extra XP through lucky eggs.

zulux21

I wonder if we'll get the buddy system next week. It should be next week since the last update was last week. Can't wait to walk together with my Bulbasaur so I can evolve it. I don't think I'll ever catch stage 2 and stage 3 Pokemon anymore. Rather evolve my stage 1 Pokemon and gain extra XP through lucky eggs.

given past history of updates it is likely that the buddy system will go live on sunday or monday.

rc213

I'm at 7 10k eggs...one more before 8x pinsir hatching

tonight I went around rare pokemon hunting with a group here in socal...pretty successful

https://s14.postimg.org/pxkmtjnnl/Screenshot_20160902_014210.png[img][/QUOTE]

Damn that's a nice haul, I've yet to see most of those in the wild here in SoCal. Where abouts did you get the Dragonites/Snorlax?

jotun?

I read this on another board, is it true: everyone who catches the same particular Pokémon in the wild, gets the same IV and moveset, only cp is the variable. I always thought everything was random per user, now it appears it's only cp.

Definitely true. IVs and moveset are identical, only the level might differ (which makes the CP different). If two people are the same level, they get the exact same pokemon.

However, two people who catch the same Eevee are NOT guaranteed to have it evolve the same way. I have so many Vaporeons that my Vaporeons are swimming in Vaporeons, but my wife's Eevees all turn into Flareons and Jolteons

I'm not sure whether two identical non-Eevee pokemon would end up evolving into the same moveset. I'd guess not

ReyBrujo

I'll probably do a lucky egg mass evolution this weekend, I just have to count to make sure I have 60. Last time I didn't count and wasted precious minutes transferring pokemon for more candy.

I used the pogotoolkit evolution calculator and am split between evolving guys who will only get me like 1400-1500 CP or if I should just keep the candy till I find that pokemon in the wild but stronger to start.
AFAIK, the goal is to reach L30 as fast as possible. Yesterday I caught an 808 oddish, which was just 100CP weaker than the gloom I evolved to vileplume. Until the last powerleveling my biggest pokemon was a 1650 CP Exeggutor and I could beat gyms with +2500 CP dragonites.

Is there a chance GPS spoofers wait around gyms often? I went for a walk earlier today and I swear I had 2 gyms where there was no one around and someone would immediately take down my gym after I put my Pokémon there.
Bots do that to obtain stardust.

Dishwalla

Banned
Got a 10km egg from in front of the Chrysler Museum, that ends my 10km egg drought of the last week and a half or so. Had been getting a ton of 2km eggs.

Firemind

Nice :eek:

In other news this hatched today. I tink it makes up for all those Eevee eggs I kept getting. High IVs too according to the appraisal thing in the game.

I had to contain my excitement while it hatched when I was in the grocery store lol
Nice! Grats! Don't spend all the candy at once though. Lapras candy is like my drug addiction now. :lol

Damn that's a nice haul, I've yet to see most of those in the wild here in SoCal. Where abouts did you get the Dragonites/Snorlax?

monterey park... seems like the sgv is good for these types of spawns because Arcadia also seems to be a Hotspot

zroid

Banned
someone in a SUV has been parked on the side of the road with his engine running for the past 10 minutes playing pokémon go.

the fuck you doin bro. turn that shit off.

Pachimari

I will seriously do anything to avoid Pokémon Go threads on gaming side. Some of those posters sounds like a broken record, and I won't even mention it to them, cause it isn't worth it. Time to unsubscribe that buddy system thread sigh.

Here's looking forward to all those nice features we'll get!

AdanVC

What the hell is happening with gyms. I fought in a gym with only two team red pokemon there. I defeated them, I'm blue. I put my Pokemon there, 5 seconds later is defeated and goes to red again. I went back, defeat it and put my pokemon. 5 seconds later and once again goes back to red. Basically I did the same thing like 8 times or maybe ten when my battery was dying so I left off all pissed because of that. I was looking everywhere and nobody was seen around with it's phone playing or something. I can see the gym from home so now it's sitting there claimed by team red... Something fishy is going on...

Firemind

What the hell is happening with gyms. I fought in a gym with only two team red pokemon there. I defeated them, I'm blue. I put my Pokemon there, 5 seconds later is defeated and goes to red again. I went back, defeat it and put my pokemon. 5 seconds later and once again goes back to red. Basically I did the same thing like 8 times or maybe ten when my battery was dying so I left off all pissed because of that. I was looking everywhere and nobody was seen around with it's phone playing or something. I can see the gym from home so now it's sitting there claimed by team red... Something fishy is going on...
lol you fell for it

he/she is probably sniping from a closeby building

classic camping

AdanVC

lol you fell for it

he/she is probably sniping from a closeby building

classic camping

Could it be but you should have seen how fast my pokemon was kicked out of there. I left my pokemon, walked a few steps and changed back to red instantly! Almost looked like a glitch or something. I'm so mad I will create a facebook event around the neighborhood calling all team mystic fellows to go and claim that specific gym so it can reach maximum level lmao.

Growlie19

Creeping ever closer to a Nidoking/queen, Victreebel, and Vileplume. I also finally found another Seel. It's weird, I found two within the first week of the game, then it took me till now to catch another.

someone in a SUV has been parked on the side of the road with his engine running for the past 10 minutes playing pokémon go.

the fuck you doin bro. turn that shit off.

I think it's better he parked than play while driving. and unless he was in the shade you gotta have air conditioning! cars heat up so fast

jotun?

Something has been bugging me about the in-game tracking system.

So originally it showed some footprints on each one to indicate how far away it was, right? Then they got rid of that, supposedly because it was too hard on their servers. Now after some bug fixes we have a system that shows nearby things but with no indication of distance.

Now supposedly, the current system is accurate and reliable enough to methodically pinpoint something's location based on when it drops off or comes back on the list. This assumes that there's a well-defined radius around the target where it will show up on your list.

My issue is that I don't understand how that can be true at the same time that the original distance indicators were too hard on the servers. In order to accurately judge whether you're in the radius of something, they have to do a distance calculation. If they've done that, then they have enough information to give us the footprints too. So either they removed the footprints for a different reason, or the new system is not the precise radius indication that people seem to think it is.

Something has been bugging me about the in-game tracking system.

So originally it showed some footprints on each one to indicate how far away it was, right? Then they got rid of that, supposedly because it was too hard on their servers. Now after some bug fixes we have a system that shows nearby things but with no indication of distance.

Now supposedly, the current system is accurate and reliable enough to methodically pinpoint something's location based on when it drops off or comes back on the list. This assumes that there's a well-defined radius around the target where it will show up on your list.

My issue is that I don't understand how that can be true at the same time that the original distance indicators were too hard on the servers. In order to accurately judge whether you're in the radius of something, they have to do a distance calculation. If they've done that, then they have enough information to give us the footprints too. So either they removed the footprints for a different reason, or the new system is not the precise radius indication that people seem to think it is.

The only reason scanners work is because the servers send back the exact position of pokemon to the game client. So the better question is, why do the servers need to be involved at all in the calculation?

I don't know enough about how that calculation would work on the client side to know if it's simply a performance issue. It's also possible the calculation was initially server-side, but is now client-side. This is possibly assisted by the fact that nearby/catchable pokemon now update every ten seconds, which is much slower than before and perhaps allows the client to calculate distances where before it couldn't before the next update interval.

These are all theories I pulled out of my ass, though, so take with a mountain of salt.

Damn, they've been dropping lure modules to the pokestop I can access from home - third one going now. The pokestop happens to be a bar, so I'm imagining them drinking and catching pokemon all night.

Sometimes I'm getting a "Bonus +100 XP" when I get a catch, what triggers that? Getting 250 XP from a catch is great (100 catch, 100 bonus, 50 "Great!") but I'm not sure what causes it.

Nightbird

Damn, they've been dropping lure modules to the pokestop I can access from home - third one going now. The pokestop happens to be a bar, so I'm imagining them drinking and catching pokemon all night.

Sometimes I'm getting a "Bonus +100 XP" when I get a catch, what triggers that? Getting 250 XP from a catch is great (100 catch, 100 bonus, 50 "Great!") but I'm not sure what causes it.

That happens every time you've caught 100 Pokémon of a certain species.

Growlie19

Egg hatching update! I got just enough candies for a Rhydon, and also hatched a Horsea, Exeggcute, and Tentacool. Spearow too, but who really cares about that? Rhydon has Rock Smash and Stone Edge, so bad fast move, but good special. This brings me to 91 dex entries!

AdanVC

Finally level 21! I managed to reach till there without spending a single dim on this game so far. But that would probably change soon cause i really want to buy some incubators. Hatching one egg at a time is extremely slow!

MANUELF

Banned
Finally level 21! I managed to reach till there without spending a single dim on this game so far. But that would probably change soon cause i really want to buy some incubators. Hatching one egg at a time is extremely slow!

I also reached level 21 today but I have already spent 34 pesos in the app buying pokeballs when what I need to buy is incubators, I have 9 5km eggs

yeah incubators are what you need. they give the most consistent good iv and sometimes spawn pokemon you otherwise may never see. I got full bag upgrade as well because I sometimes go places where there are no pokestops or maybe 1 or 2 but you end up using a lot of resources. the oddish nest and bulbasaur nests around here are like that :(

I got 7 10k eggs...cannot wait for the 8th I may do a mini marathon when that happens

Top Bottom