• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

dude no offense but i've played minecraft for a total of maybe 20 minutes and i noticed that.

I've played it for about 4 or 5 hours and I didn't.

It's quite easy for some people to notice something and others to be oblivious. Fair enough not everyone will find every fact mind blowing, but is it really so hard for some of you to imagine not everyone will notice every small detail of every game?

Baconbitz

Banned
Various "arches" throughout the Zone (such as the one at the beginning of Act 1) are adorned with a possibly familiar graphic. Even though the graphic is supposed to represent lions drinking at a fountain, the pattern of pixels resembles Mario from the Mario series of games.
Go here for larger version of the image.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Various "arches" throughout the Zone (such as the one at the beginning of Act 1) are adorned with a possibly familiar graphic. Even though the graphic is supposed to represent lions drinking at a fountain, the pattern of pixels resembles Mario from the Mario series of games.
Thats a good one. Damn.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I hate to ruin your fun but it already mentioned few times in this thread.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In the latest episode of GT's Pop-fiction, they uncover that Totaka's Song is actually present in Wii Sports.
It's hidden in the changing sound effects of tennis rockets'.

Here's a mindblowing fact: a game site trying to inform you that Koji Kondo doesn't compose every song for every Nintendo game credits him for Pilotwings when it is in fact Soyo Oka who composed the music for Pilotwings. EVEN Wikipedia can tell you this meaning they literally did NO research for this.

GT is entering IGN levels of gaming know how.

Just saw this on Reddit. It works.

xUk7O.jpg

Haha!

Ever since Sonic Pocket Adventure, the handheld Sonic series has been developed by Dimps.

This is the first boss of Sonic Pocket Adventure.
hlVUi.png

This is the first boss of Sonic Advance.
shukR.png

This is the first boss of Sonic Advance 2.
Zu2sX.png

This is the first boss of Sonic Advance 3.
A6GRa.png

This is the first boss of Sonic Rush.
CG0Nn.jpg

(images taken from Sonic Retro's info section)

They all hammers!

The first boss of Sonic Rush Adventure is a giant robot T-rex who occasionally uses his head as a hammer.

karobit

It'll be awesome when there's just a page full of people going "I scratched too hard and got an ear infection and I had to tell the doctor it was because of Pacman."

Slermy

Ever since Sonic Pocket Adventure, the handheld Sonic series has been developed by Dimps.

This is the first boss of Sonic Pocket Adventure.
hlVUi.png

This is the first boss of Sonic Advance.
shukR.png

This is the first boss of Sonic Advance 2.
Zu2sX.png

This is the first boss of Sonic Advance 3.
A6GRa.png

This is the first boss of Sonic Rush.
CG0Nn.jpg

(images taken from Sonic Retro's info section)

They all hammers!

The first boss of Sonic Rush Adventure is a giant robot T-rex who occasionally uses his head as a hammer.

That's pretty neat; I never noticed!

SappYoda

Since Doom 2 is a pretty well known game I assume most of you already knew this but here it goes:

At the beggining of the last level you hear the icon of sin tell you some gibberish. The thing is
he is actually telling you how to win the game... in backwards.

He says:
To win the game you must kill me, John Romero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6ADh-za2Y

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Don't recall seeing this one posted before.

HhvF0.png

In addition to this - In Pokemon Yellow, Ditto can only be found in two locations. The Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island, where the experiments on cloning Mew were performed in the first place, as well as Cerulean Cave, the residence of the only successful mew "clone", Mewtwo.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Ditto is puke green in Pokémon Yellow.

Sugimori's original art depicts him as the standard light purple. And while the games may not have had color, Sugimori's designs did. Yellow's color scheme makes no sense period. Plenty of pokemon's colors don't match up. Starmie is Yellowish-brown in Yellow, and not purple.

10-09.jpg

JUNK-2.png

FoxSF64.jpg

Did you know that all Spacecraft pilots in the Star Fox universe amputate their legs so that blood doesn't drain from their brain when they are under intense Gs? It was confirmed in an issue of Nintendo Power and appears to be legit.

This is a scan from the official comic published in Nintendo Power back in the 90s, and some character models.

Roto13

10-09.jpg

JUNK-2.png

FoxSF64.jpg

Did you know that all Spacecraft pilots in the Star Fox universe amputate their legs so that blood doesn't drain from their brain when they are under intense Gs? It was confirmed in an issue of Nintendo Power and appears to be legit.

This is a scan from the official comic published in Nintendo Power back in the 90s, and some character models.

New rule: Anyone who reposts a secret from the past few weeks gets banned.

Clipper

New rule: Anyone who reposts a secret from the past few weeks gets banned.

At least it's been about 3 or 5 pages (depending on how many posts per page you have) since it was mentioned last, so a scan of recent facts would have missed it (that Mario speaker box was quite popular).

We've had facts reposted as new on the same page as discussion of said fact before, which is much less excusable.

jaxword

No one liked my FF sprite discovery last page? :(

Ok...here's one you may not know. The Chrono Trigger Cast's ORIGINAL designs had one missing 8th character:

Yknw4.jpg

Toriyama: Just kidding, everyone worked hard. Robo and Ayla were the characters that changed the most.

Caption: A mysterious cut character, the “Old Man”. What a waste, not to use him. He’s got a certain charm.

Likely he was going to be Gaspar, dressed in his Royal gear:

ABho2.png

Not sure if this was already posted, but GameTrailer's latest Pop Fiction episode claims that Totaka's song was found in Wii Sports.

I'd like to see GAF's opinion on this....

I say that they definitely DID NOT find the song. The pitches don't even match.

Check out the video here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-21-pop-fiction/727049

There's a pop-fiction thread, which has already disproved it. GT were meant to be putting up an amended video but no sign as yet.

Jasoco

Banned

GAF > Internet > GAF

Next time, we do have a Search function.

It's been here already and you are going to have to provide TEXTUAL confirmation of this. The comic does not say anything about it. At all.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's a pop-fiction thread, which has already disproved it. GT were meant to be putting up an amended video but no sign as yet.
It was in this thread as well. Most people don't believe it.
GAF > Internet > GAF

Next time, we do have a Search function.

It's been here already and you are going to have to provide TEXTUAL confirmation of this. The comic does not say anything about it. At all.
Didn't the previous post about this come from /v/ or something?

Ahh, sorry :/ I don't pop into the thread that often so I didn't know of that rule.

That's because it isn't a rule. If you any new mind-blowing Pokémon Gen 1 facts, don't hesitate to share as those tend to be some of the most popular posts around here (see page 193 for people freaking out because they didn't know about the grass-cutting ability in Red).

Clipper

The Mew Ditto thing was posted one and a half years ago...

And we do have a cloudbush searcher, although I'm not sure if it's still maintained. Found that post via searching for the Mew tag, though.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not saying it's bad to repost something that old, but it is old news to those of us that have read through the entire thread...

And on the Pokémon facts being boring thing, the ones that most of us hate are when people discover the name related puns ones. Ekans = snake, Arbok = cobra, Koffing and Weezing = Coughing and Wheezing, Articuno Zapdos Moltres = uno dos tres, Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee = Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee, etc. Almost every single Pokémon name is a pun and most are incredibly obvious, so it gets a bit annoying to see them again.

Top Bottom