• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cell was singing that song in the Digimon movie by the Barenaked Ladies. I had to google the lyric.

I have no idea why he was though.

Zubz

Banned
I actually really enjoyed the fight, but speaking of forced stuff, does anyone else feel the use of "We Are Number One" was unnecessary? There're so many songs from the collective DB OST they haven't used.

maybe it's because the song it's from is called 'one week'?

That makes sense; I thought he was just singing it as a random choice to kill some time.

That was funny to me because on Sunday I met Ed Robertson at the 1up in Denver playing pinball.

He's a great guy. Hung out for hours, went to the hotel then came back to play more pin

Hollycat

I love TFS but this didnt seen like one of their better episodes, although the wife beater joke was fantastic. I can't blame TFS for all of the quality issues I had on this one though, the animators for this original scene must have only had a general idea of what DBZ looked like

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So anyone else notice that MasakoX has been doing videos on his own channel about DBZ where it's just nothing but him talking into a camera? Seems like he's losing his mind.

I'm not understanding what this is supposed to be?

Not to be mean to the dude or too assumptive, but he's 30 and probably realizing he doesn't really have much of a career in front of him, so he's trying to make the most of what he does have. I'd be doing the same.

I absolutely love the show and what everybody involved does, but when you boil it down, their crowning achievement in life is some super extended fan dub joke of a series they loved in their childhood. They're all very talented, but might not ever truly do better than that due to the nature of what it is.

It would definitely drive me a little nuts and try to get the most possible out of it. But I could be wrong. Maybe he just likes making dragon ball discussion topics out of nowhere and he's totally content with his life.

So anyone else notice that MasakoX has been doing videos on his own channel about DBZ where it's just nothing but him talking into a camera? Seems like he's losing his mind.

Hmm?

Not exactly sure what you're getting at. He makes vids discussing what he's known for (Dragon Ball stuff). There's actually tons of DB discussion channels out there and he clearly loves the series, has a fan following and has thoughts on the series beyond his fan dubbing. Why shouldn't he?

It's not like he's making vids about politics or social issues, using his DBA platform to reach people for entirely different stuff.

What I don't like is his streaming though. That's some useless shit right there.

caliph95

Hmm?

Not exactly sure what you're getting at. He makes vids discussing what he's known for (Dragon Ball stuff). There's actually tons of DB discussion channels out there and he clearly loves the series, has a fan following and has thoughts on the series beyond his fan dubbing. Why shouldn't he?

It's not like he's making vids about politics or social issues, using his DBA platform to reach people for entirely different stuff.

What I don't like is his streaming though. That's some useless shit right there.
I prefer him to Geekdom for my bored youtube watching he is more fun to listen to

What's the streaming for, is it just a longer version of his episode reviews

TFS just did a battletoads drinking stream and it was just as brilliant as you might imagine. It' technically still going though they're not playing anymore. Highly recommend

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"What is Trunks's fursona?"

Masako does so many videos, he'll probably get to that point eventually.

With how meta the end got, I'm surprised they didn't make a Smash Bros. joke at the end.

Not to be mean to the dude or too assumptive, but he's 30 and probably realizing he doesn't really have much of a career in front of him, so he's trying to make the most of what he does have. I'd be doing the same.

I absolutely love the show and what everybody involved does, but when you boil it down, their crowning achievement in life is some super extended fan dub joke of a series they loved in their childhood. They're all very talented, but might not ever truly do better than that due to the nature of what it is.

It would definitely drive me a little nuts and try to get the most possible out of it. But I could be wrong. Maybe he just likes making dragon ball discussion topics out of nowhere and he's totally content with his life.

Quite a few of them have been breaking into professional voice as of late so it's not like they'll have nothing else when this series ends.

KingBroly

Banned
So I finally decided to watch the Broly Movie abridged

It was better than World's Strongest, IMO. I really didn't like that one. Princess Trunks is probably the best thing.

As for Deadpool vs. Cell...eh...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looked it up, apparently Steve Blum played Deadpool in the video game adaptation of X-Men Origins Wolverine. Though a good game, it's the one thing Deadpool hates to address existing.
Tom Kenny played him in Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Arrrammis

That was a pretty great episode! The end credits scene with the custom animations always seem a bit off, but the reference was still pretty good. Also, TFS continues to know exactly how to make Cell really creepy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
All you need is a little green
I told you not to call me that
I'm not
... Yo.

I love the implication they keep making that Mr. Satan was homeless at one point in his life.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All you need is a little green
I told you not to call me that
I'm not
... Yo.

I love the implication they keep making that Mr. Satan was homeless at one point in his life.

He looks like he was.

That Videl scene at the end was funny too.

Sheroking

"Turtle I've watched her poop! She knows what I'm about"

This is why TFS is the actual fucking best. Deep cut reference to Dragon Ball that's also funny.

Ray Down

Banned
Goku's the worst father ever

ging-freecss-hunter-x-hunter-2011-6.jpg

Top Bottom