• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

takriel

Holy Shit if that is all true, I mean I don't like Final Fantasy at all but man... the fans deserve more than a trainwreck.

And this is the biggest trainwreck of all, all that rewriting and the terrible plot... Damn.

I mean *BIG spoilers*
if you have to sleep ten years to fight your enemy, how in the fuck does your enemy not just come and kill you? Jesus. Terrible writing.

Have you heard of a game called Ocarina of Time? :p

Here we go, I think this will be one of the big determining factors:

KUTpMQ4.png

If this guy turns out to be Ifrit when Kingsglaive premieres, heavily redesigned as Tabata hinted one of the summons was, I think that will more or less confirm these dubious "leaks". If not, I'd say they're looking pretty silly.

Socivol

Here we go, I think this will be one of the big determining factors:

KUTpMQ4.png

If this guy turns out to be Ifrit when Kingsglaive premieres, heavily redesigned as Tabata hinted one of the summons was, I think that will more or less confirm these dubious "leaks". If not, I'd say they're looking pretty silly.

From the "Big Bang" artwork I assumed that
Bahamut
would be the summon that's redesigned.

TheTux

I'll try to remember to come back to this post after release to see if it was true or not.

Do we have some kind of !RemindMe on NeoGAF?

Risev1

A lot of "leaks" were posted months before MGSV launched and were debunked by KojiPro immediately after. If Square Enix don't comment on these leaks, in the next few days, then there is absolutely reason to be worried.

By the way, that part about Nomura wanting a trilogy, I definitely remember Square talking about sequels for FFXV back when the game was re-branded in E3 2013.

benzy

Weird that they supposedly have so much trouble with finishing the main game that they went ahead and made a separate VR vertical slice demo for E3... Tabata confirmed to Geoff this VR portion wouldn't even be in the main game at release and it's just them doing research on the tech.

Ck5BOtFVAAEWsiz.jpg:large

Zolbrod

Why is Nomura given such high praise? What outstanding games did he direct and is responsible for? I have a feeling this game would've been a mess either way

He was the director on pretty much all Kingdom Hearts games, I think that earns him some praise.

He was also Creative Producer on a lot of other great games (and not so great ones) but it's hard to say how much impact he had on the actual fun factor of those games in that role.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Nomura#Works

Andeeeh

I don't know, it sounds a bit off.

If that is true and the game is in that much trouble in terms of development. Then the demos, the film and all the other shit is a huge waste of time, money and resources that could have went into making the game solid.

but then again, this is SE we are talking about.

Risev1

Weird that they supposedly have so much trouble with finishing the main game that they went ahead and made a separate VR vertical slice demo for E3... Tabata confirmed to Geoff this VR portion wouldn't even be in the main game at release and it's just them doing research on the tech.

To be honest, by this logic, they wouldn't have went ahead and made a VR portion of the game when the game is already suffering obvious technical problems, and just recently underwhent a major combat overhaul about 6 months ago.

Most likely, the VR thing was made by a team other than the core FFXV team.

Styles

Hate how almost every gameplay demo they've shown "isn't from the main game."

Soriku

I actually kind of assumed that would be the big "brotherhood" moment of the game.

Noct's loyal friends stand guard over his sleeping body for 10 years, and they're right there when he wakes up.

I actually kind of like that, thematically, but I'd rather these all be 99% BS.

Main villain can't kill one guy over 10 years? Damn he sucks.

benzy

To be honest, by this logic, they wouldn't have went ahead and made a VR portion of the game when the game is already suffering obvious technical problems, and just recently underwhent a major combat overhaul about 6 months ago.

Most likely, the VR thing was made by a team other than the core FFXV team.

VR research and development is done by the Advanced Technology Division whose helping optimizing the game and engine. If the game is in a horrible state where only 2 out of 50 hours is playable, I highly doubt they'd be thinking about VR on Luminous at all considering they're "not even touching Neo" right now.

Ray Down

Banned
VR research and development is done by the Advanced Technology Division whose helping optimizing the game and engine. If the game is in a horrible state where only 2 out of 50 hours is playable, I highly doubt they'd be thinking about VR on Luminous at all considering they're "not even touching Neo" right now.

Also didn't Sony say something like they mandate all PS4 games to have a Neo update ready or something to that affect?

benzy

Also didn't Sony say something like they mandate all PS4 games to have a Neo update ready or something to that affect?

Rumor from the Gaf leaker is all games from late September require a Neo patch. Guess we'll find out when Neo gets announced.

UberTag

Are there "mini dungeons" around the titan though?! that's one other thing he says.
I've dismissed this as crap but if the full E3 Titan demo being streamed in the next day or two features a much lengthier Titan battle segmented between dungeon sequences I'm going to have to raise an eyebrow.

Only 2 hours playable? Didn't Game Informer play quite a bit of the game when they when to Square Enix?
Just because this wasn't raised earlier, I could "buy" this argument being made by the 4chan poster if his contention was that the "PS4 version" only had a couple hours playable as of late May. That doesn't mean Game Informer lied. Just meant they were playing hours and hours of a PC Alpha build.

My interpretation was that the entire game was complete apart from rewrites, the aforementioned fetch quest padding and porting the final builds to get them playable on consoles. (That's my interpretation of his rhetoric - I'm still not buying it as true. Just giving it due credence.)

They can't even give us a proper story trailer x_x'

What a mess, for real.
I can understand Square Enix foregoing the spoilerific trailer treatment that FFXIII received prior to launch although that game also seemed to have a much clearer vision and identity - especially on the marketing front - 6 months before release than FFXV does 3 months before release.

Second thought, I think I can see many parts of this "leak" end up being true, like the story spoilers, and
that only one main city

Prepare for the worst FFXVGAF! If it ends up suck, let's just play DQVII and SMT4 Apocalypse.
Hey, Trails of Cold Steel II hasn't been delayed yet. Don't go ignoring it!

So why is Diamond Weapon from FF7 in FFXV?

latest
The resemblance is pretty uncanny, isn't it?

Risev1

True. Still, forgetting about the leak and everything, the distribution of resources must be terrible at Square when the game is obviously still suffering the same technical problems it was suffering over a year ago. Sure, there are still 3 months left before release, but it honestly doesn't inspire confidence when the response to the technical problems remains "There is still time to work on it" for over a year now, especially when we see these resources going towards things like researching VR for the game instead of working on a stable framerate.

But now I've deviated from the topic at hand, which is the legitimacy of the leak. Looking at it from an objective view, the "leaker" obviously has an agenda. He obviously has something against Square, whether he's for real or not. So, even if what he's leaking is true, I wouldn't dismiss the fact that he'd exaggerate whatever you can to make the game look worse than it is. I mean, if you're leaking stuff, then you obviously have a problem with the company you're working for, meaning you want to hurt them.

I believe most of it*, but I don't care anymore. I knew it wouldn't be the game I wanted in High School when they took Nomura off as Director. I'm resigned to supporting the last remnants (lol) of my childhood regardless of reviews, delays, script changes, corporate coups, w/e. I will give them my faith and live with the decision.

Except the FFXVI not coming out bit. I feel like, if Sony would fund SF5, they would fund FFXVI.

Aters

Hey, Trails of Cold Steel II hasn't been delayed yet. Don't go ignoring it!

Funny that you brought that up because that game is my most disappointing game. I'm saying this as long time Trails fan who played all the entries except 3rd. Before that was Fire Emblem Awakening.

chozen

So, are people still debating wheter its true or not?
Won't read until its safe.

There is a chance it might be true, judging from what we've seen. It could be true this person saw the E3 content early and leaked only what we/he saw. But he built off of it spewing a lot of crazy nonsense.

Give E3 a few more days and let Tabata drop some more footage and details.

UberTag

Funny that you brought that up because that game is my most disappointing game. I'm saying this as long time Trails fan who played all the entries except 3rd. Before that was Fire Emblem Awakening.
Well, okay... that still means the rest of us have to play it so we can experience the disappointment first-hand (although perhaps going into it with the perspective that it's setting up a 3rd game as a bridge instead of expecting firm resolutions will help).

Besides, it's not like Crossbell is getting released if we don't support it.

notaskwid

So, are people still debating wheter its true or not?
Won't read until its safe.
Some claims sound outlandish, particularly regarding development. Can't really be disproven though, but it's very weird to have someone leaking this as there are a ton of specific stuff that you'd think only someone very high on the chain would have knowledge of. Some things also are a bit iffy regarding what we "know", but heh.

If it's story details though, I don't think they're safe, there's a good chance some of this stuff might be true (even if by coincidence)

chozen

But real talk though, 3 months from release and we haven't seen what level looks like, skill trees, or equipment. What is this? I know more about World of Final Fantasy than XV at this point.

Illucio

Banned
A lot of these sound very legit, but the information given sounds like a very disappointing game. I hear fetch quests and I just cringed as much as I could.

Leave it at 40 hours at that point, please no fetch quests. When I filled out the survey for Duscae the one thing I pleaded for was no fetch quests.

casiopao

Man o Man, i can only hope that this spoilers is not real lol. As this spoiler can be a totally disaster for SE if it really happen here. There are simply no way S-E is that daft to allow this to happen.

ffvorax

Do you really believe everything you read on the internet?
I don't.
I think this is all too negative to be true, looks like to be on purpose to be interesting enough to make people argue about it... :p

notaskwid

But real talk though, 3 months from release and we haven't seen what level looks like, skill trees, or equipment. What is this? I know more about World of Final Fantasy than XV at this point.
I agree, I tuned in to this ATR to get more information on that and all I got was a whole load of nothing. Hope to get more information on that...

benzy

A lot of these sound very legit, but the information given sounds like a very disappointing game. I hear fetch quests and I just cringed as much as I could.

Leave it at 40 hours at that point, please no fetch quests. When I filled out the survey for Duscae the one thing I pleaded for was no fetch quests.

Tabata already said back in March the main game ended up being closer to 50 hours than the 40 hours they anticipated. This is in direct conflict with "trying pad the game up to 50 hours with more fetch quest" versus "game ends up being 50 hours due to larger volume of main scenario content than predicted." A 40 hour game is already long, I see zero point in trying to add 10 extra hours with pointless fetch content, and it's not a decision I see Tabata making either.

As for the play time, at first Square Enix estimated that it would take about 40 hours to clear the main scenario, but this has since then been bumped up to 50 hours. They say that the game has more volume than they thought it would.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/2...ame-rate-airship-cactuar/#mpAMI1kzM4mTJTwG.99

There's also the "plague of the stars" issue where the world is dying and Luna is the one who has to prevent it from happening, but yet (Potential MASSIVE SPOILER)
Luna dies as soon as they reach her and then Noctis sleeps for the next 10 years just to stop the main bad guy with no mention of the world going to shit.

Shahadan

Game had disaster written all over it for quite some time even without this. The worst here is that it sounds plausible on top of that.

Nomura was probably slow, batshit insane with his stories and number of cut scenes, but at least he knows what a good/great game should contain.
Tabata sure as hell doesn't.

I thought some of it sounded plausible until it got around to XVI - I don't believe for a second that SE isn't working on FF16 in some form, it's like a staple that they have the next game in the works before they even ship the preceding one.

Some of the story stuff is certainly plausible...but I think it'd be silly to assume any of this is true simply because you can see how it might fit given the tiny amount of official information on the game's story.

Either way, I don't buy that someone with the level of access this person would need to know these things would also be breaking NDAs and trashing the game online.

MilkBeard

A lot of "leaks" were posted months before MGSV launched and were debunked by KojiPro immediately after. If Square Enix don't comment on these leaks, in the next few days, then there is absolutely reason to be worried.

By the way, that part about Nomura wanting a trilogy, I definitely remember Square talking about sequels for FFXV back when the game was re-branded in E3 2013.

Nomura actually said that he wanted it to be a trilogy a while back. In no way is that info a leak. He's just using it to add fluff.

Asd202

Nomura venting his rage at 4chan. Also when this was posted exactly? Before or after the MS conference?

So this could be the end of Final Fantasy.... I want Final Fantasy X-3 to happen at least :(

Yeah that would be a good way to end FF.

Jeels

Type 0 is also filled with stupid fetch quests IIRC. I wouldn't put it past Tabata to think that's actually meaningful content.

Arnie7

Banned
If true I'd rather them delay the game and release it next year. Please don't let this flop. The entire jrpg genre needs this to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom