• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Official Post

Beaten!

After getting all of the achievements multiple times and spending way too much time farming loot for my beta characters, I think I'm going to cool it on the last patch and just enjoy the time before release.

Yeah, I'm done with the beta. I'm going to enjoy other games for the next month instead. The next time I play Diablo III it will be on May 15th with my characters I'm going to keep for the next 10+ years. I'm going to make one of each class in normal mode, and then keep at least one hardcore character going at all times too. But my first goal will be to get one of each class to 60. Once that's done I'll pick which one I want to focus on as a "main".

Less than a month to go!!!!

I'm gonna wait to see what patch 17 brings before I decide whether to play it or not. Not likely though, I'm in the same boat as you guys, minus all the cheevo hunting. :)

JAFAR

I'm really curious what this is..... as seen here

uKekZ.jpg

99%

Whats your class picks atm guys?

Leaning towards WD now so close to release, I like the barb but hate the feeling of beingblate for a kill cause im running somewhere and ranged is already shooting.

I dunno if I will play anymore from now to release though, Ive played the beta to death.

KorrZ

Leaning towards WD now so close to release, I like the barb but hate the feeling of beingblate for a kill cause im running somewhere and ranged is already shooting.

I dunno if I will play anymore from now to release though, Ive played the beta to death.

Wizard for sure. I also think the barb is really fun to play but i suspect there is going to be way too many of them at launch. Besides anyone knows teleport is the only ability worth using.

foladar

Leaning towards Barb, but I'm split between Barb/Monk, with Wiz as my secondary. Gotta try them both out again.

Wizard for sure. I also think the barb is really fun to play but i suspect there is going to be way too many of them at launch. Besides anyone knows teleport is the only ability worth using.

I'm sure you know, but I just like to reiterate that teleport is now on a long cool down so you cannot spam your way through entire zones like in D2.

Regardless I'm playing wizard b/c GLASS CANNON > all the things.

KorrZ

I'm sure you know, but I just like to reiterate that teleport is now on a long cool down so you cannot spam your way through entire zones like in D2.

Regardless I'm playing wizard b/c GLASS CANNON > all the things.

Wha...wha...wha...what? Why would Blizzard ruin the best spell from Diablo 2 :(. That is the lamest decision I have ever heard.

Wha...wha...wha...what? Why would Blizzard ruin the best spell from Diablo 2 :(. That is the lamest decision I have ever heard.

The decision to add a cooldown on teleport is fairly reasonable when you realize that the real money auction house is involved. Wizards would have such an advantage farming loot if teleport worked like it did in D2.

TylerD

Whats your class picks arm guys?

I really like all the classes and will probably be playing one of each to 60 and then have a couple of hardcore characters. Barb gets my vote as the starter and most likely main. Can't deny the appeal of punting pieces of mobs and destructibles off screen and calling down the ancients to wreck stuff.

KorrZ

The decision to add a cooldown on teleport is fairly reasonable when you realize that the real money auction house is involved. Wizards would have such an advantage farming loot if teleport worked like it did in D2.

Sigh...lets make the game less fun so that we can have a real money AH. It's a shame when fun gameplay has less precedence than things like this.

LordCanti

Wizard or DH. With the current health system one lag spike seems like it may be the end of a barb that is in the thick of a mob. I'd sooner sit back and do a bunch of damage from a distance. I maxed a barb in D2 anyway, so it's probably time for a change.

It depends on what changes they make before retail. If they nerf either classes ability to regen Arcane or Hatred, it may make less sense to go ranged.

Oh, and since everyone gets their own drops, it no longer really seems to matter if you're the one closest to the thing you're butchering.

hitsugi

While teleport cant go through walls (wtf), the proper build an equipment can make for one almost as quick as D2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOL what for retail?
Haha, no I meant you just wait for the Diablo 3 beta to show up in your Battle.net account :p

Haha, no I meant you just wait for the Diablo 3 beta to show up in your Battle.net account :p

Just say, never. I didn't even get in on that last 275,000 keys sent out.
With beta ending May 1, it's really never.

anger:
I have D2and LOD registered on my account, dang it! you can't treat me like this!

I bet it was my specs. They think people with bad computers will see crap graphics and not buy the game.

Calidor

Softcore glass canon Wiz as main.

hardcore crit barb as alt

Wizard & Demon Hunter are my definite picks for main characters. I'd like to see them both get to inferno before I worry about other classes. One will be softcore and one will be hardcore, not sure which though.

I have a habit of liking to play ranged characters as melee, so...

Wizard will definitely be spectral blade as signature skill. Something like this.

Demon Hunter... no idea... need build ideas.

Sigh...lets make the game less fun so that we can have a real money AH. It's a shame when fun gameplay has less precedence than things like this.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with the idea that having an entire gameplay facet designed to skip the game would actually make the game more fun. If they actually incentivized killing monsters in Durance (like, for example, what they're doing with Nephalem Valor), people would concentrate less on the "run" part of Meph runs.

Velocity

Patch 17 is live: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123246179#17

Diablo III Beta Patch 17 – v.0.11.0.9327
Released 4/17/12

General
All characters have been wiped. Items, gold, auctions, achievements, followers, and artisans have also been wiped, and Beta Bucks have been reset to 50.
Cross-game chat is available! Beta participants can now keep in touch with their Real ID and BattleTag friends, no matter which Blizzard game they're playing.
Please note that some restrictions do apply for BattleTag chat:
You can only send BattleTag invites while logged into the Diablo III beta client
You can only receive BattleTag invites while logged into the Diablo III beta client

Bug Fixes

For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.
Players should no longer be desynced from the server after watching or skipping a cut-scene
Projectile spell effects should no longer be invisible when casting them
The Auction House should no longer lag and generate ERROR_1 when attempting to switch currencies
The Auction House should no longer display your amount of Beta Bucks as 0 unless you actually have 0 Beta Bucks

I plan on doing one final grind of all characters to 13 before stopping. Seems like my friends list was completely wiped out on this one, so if anyone wants to join in on the fun just throw me an invite -- Battletag: Kreeze#1805

Wolfie5

Witch Doctor :)

EDIT:

Just because he is similar to Necromancer (My favourite class in D2).

I´ll play the rest of the classes in this order:

2. Barbarian
3. Monk
4. Wizard
5. Demon Hunter

Morokh

I may end up playing a female Barbarian just cause I find her kind of cute in a she-Hulk kind of way.

But that put aside my first answer would have been : none

There really is nothing in the different classes that clicks with me.

When you read the skills Barbarian feels like another version of the "canon" blizzard warrior we already played in D2 / WoW

Wizard is the same story with a bit of Korean fan-service.

Witch Doctor is D2's Necromancer with a focus in style, and skills that resembles the poison skill tree, that I just never liked and used.

Monk is just not my style of character, and seriously their half-assed Blizzcon class reveal video just killed any interest I could ever have had for the class.

And now we come to my favorite, the Demon-Hunter, the emo-ninja guy/girl with an Uzi in both hands .... way to go Blizzard ....
I had a good laugh for the first 30 seconds when they revealed it, but even if I know you can play it with a bow/crossbow i just can't get that picture out of my head.

I really hope i'll find something I really like in the end when playing it.

And I must say for someone that has not been in the Beta, and did not follow every tweet, or blue post on the official forums, they did a really bad job detailing the new mechanics of the game on the official website.
They basically tell us what changed or is different, but not how.

And what is the thing with their new battle tag system ? what about my Sc2 tag ?

LowParry

Patch 17 mentions about the Real ID but I'm not seeing any offline status of that list. Do I need to find an option for that or...?

syoaran

Wizard. I'll be playing hardcore as soon as it's unlocked with 2 buddies, so it's really about taking a class that is a good compliment to the classes they picked.

That and a Korean inspired mage seems like a dream come true. I've heard and seen a lot of complaints about the Wizard being the most "worst" class, but looking at the site all I can see is a tremendous amount of utility and burst dps. Am I wrong?

I may end up playing a female Barbarian just cause I find her kind of cute in a she-Hulk kind of way.

But that put aside my first answer would have been : none

There really is nothing in the different classes that clicks with me.

Agreed.

That said, I think I'm going with either a barb or a wizard.

Number45

I haven't been lucky enough to get into the beta, but I'm going to start with a barbarian. I usually play ranged classes where it's an option, but the barbarian looks so much fun. I'll have one of each sooner or later (I assume we get enough character slots for that).

Sober

Wizard for main probably, maybe monk secondary. Barb is okay but it is pretty much almost a carbon copy of a warrior in WoW. WD and DH I haven't given a fair shake so maybe I'll give them a go in the beta for a bit to make up my mind.

Have no idea how to spec anyone though, this is going to be interesting.

Uh, the original teleport, as amazingly fun as it was (I only ever played sorceress because of just this), was also completely broken in Diablo 2 where there is no real money AH. They had to add Enigma so that other classes could remotely compete, and the whole game became one about teleporting everywhere, all the time. It was kinda silly.

NZNova

Wow the barb packs a punch. Felt like Sauron wading through guys, taking a swing and sending a bunch of them flying. Feels good, man.

sazzy

I'm going Witch Doctor as well. Its incredibly fun.

There's just something about ripping souls from demons and throwing a jar of leaping spiders at them that really does it for me.

Orgun

Lol, turns out i've had Diablo 3 beta access all this time and never realised. Should have checked battlenet account!

Orgun

yay!

which class?

if you ask me, i would recommend witch doctor

edit- all classes are great, but for me, WD is oh so good

Haven't decided yet, I like the sound of the Barbarian and Monk but being a wizard sounds good too! I'll play a little bit of each then decide I guess.

sazzy

Haven't decided yet, I like the sound of the Barbarian and Monk but being a wizard sounds good too! I'll play a little bit of each then decide I guess.

don't forget the witch doctor!

i swear, i feel like a lot of people will miss out on some great demon-bashing because they won't try out witch doctor for whatever reason :(

MKAllDay

Just say, never. I didn't even get in on that last 275,000 keys sent out.
With beta ending May 1, it's really never.

anger:
I have D2and LOD registered on my account, dang it! you can't treat me like this!

I bet it was my specs. They think people with bad computers will see crap graphics and not buy the game.

If it makes you feel any better: I have been signed up since day 1 of opt-in (plus doing the opt-in redo when they made that blue post requesting people do so), I have a fantastic computer, I have every game that can be registered to a B.net account (except WoW expansions), and I am not in the beta...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom