• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda/ZeniMax might be making a MOBA

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Not sure which studio. Battlecry maybe? Could be outsourced too.

But anyway, on to the potential evidence:

Bethesda said:
Community Manager – Online Games
Division: Bethesda Softworks

As a member of the Online Games division of the Community Management team, this successful candidate will support day-to-day community-related activities for Online Titles including but not limited to The Elder Scrolls Online, Quake Champions, and The Elder Scrolls Legends.

Requirements:
- Passion for online gaming genres including MMOGs, MOBAs, competitive FPS games, and digital card games.
Source: https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1362

So, three of those line up to existing products, but the fourth does not.

MMOGs: The Elder Scrolls Online
Competitive FPS: Quake Champions
Digital Card Games: The Elder Scrolls Legends
MOBAs: ???

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So what is Battlecry Studios up to these days?

And online game of some sort. We're not sure beyond that, but they have this as one of two pictures at the top of their website.

studio_smithzix9h.png

They're a little too late into the party.

It'll make sense if it's a mobile MOBA though. It's a new shiny genre on mobile.

MOBA market is over saturated

On PC, not really. It's been slowing down in the past couple years.

It's just that if you try to make a new PC MOBA, it's destined to fail no matter what.

Joeku

Has anyone made a semi-decent one in Snapmap in Doom?

Edit: I haven't even played Dota 2 in over a year, but I'd probably buy a BJ Blaskovicz announcer pack

Slayven

What happened to that other game from Bethesda 2015 event? It looked like For Honor but kinda of monochrome because each side was a single color.

Sotha_Sil

IDK, I think that's reading a little bit too much into a generic job posting at the moment.

It is strongly suspected that BGS might be implementing multi-player in their new IPs, but I have a hard time seeing a moba from any of the Beth Soft subsidiaries.

What happened to that other game from Bethesda 2015 event? It looked like For Honor but kinda of monochrome because each side was a single color.

Battlecry, from Battlecry Studios, a developer Zenimax built from the ground up. The game was canceled and I want to say they might have shuttered the whole studio, transferring some of them to Arkane Austin. That last bit I'm not entirely sure about.

There aren't that many active MOBA games if you think about it, the problem is that they are a type of genre that doesn't allow for lots of them releasing into the market. Online game as a service type of experiences.

We have LoL, Dota2, Smite, HotS, Paragon as the popular or somehow popular ones. So at least some games have carved a slice of the market after the LoL/Dota2 domination. But it's harder and harder now.

And online game of some sort. We're not sure beyond that, but they have this as one of two pictures at the top of their website.

studio_smithzix9h.png

Are they Marvel characters in front of him -- could Bethesda also have licensed a Marvel property for a new game? Looks like Captain Marvel at the front, maybe Black Panther to the left and Psylocke in the middle maybe?

yananana

Are they Marvel characters in front of him -- could Bethesda also have licensed a Marvel property for a new game? Looks like Captain Marvel at the front, maybe Black Panther to the left and Psylocke in the middle maybe?

Isn't there already a Marvel MOBA? I think it's called Infinite Crisis or something, I remember playing it a bit years ago.

Edit: Just checked and it was actually DC Comics and it's closed now. Not surprised.

Teeth

From left to right, it's Rogue, Black Panther, Psylocke, Gladiator, Captain Marvel, and Banshee.

I think it's pretty unlikely to be a game that would contain Rogue, Psylocke, or Banshee, since they are Xmen characters, and Marvel doesn't want anything to do with that license at the moment. So it's probably unlikely that they have any relation to a game with Battlecry.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Great. A Moba with framerate issues incoming. Hey at least is gonna play great in consoles.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
From left to right, it's Rogue, Black Panther, Psylocke, Gladiator, Captain Marvel, and Banshee.

I think it's pretty unlikely to be a game that would contain Rogue, Psylocke, or Banshee, since they are Xmen characters, and Marvel doesn't want anything to do with that license at the moment. So it's probably unlikely that they have any relation to a game with Battlecry.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1380546

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oh shit we're getting a bethesda event in like 2 weeks arent we

any devs reading this please hit me with the closed alpha deets if this is a marvel moba

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
oh shit we're getting a bethesda event in like 2 weeks arent we

any devs reading this please hit me with the closed alpha deets if this is a marvel moba

I want a Marvel MOBA for years now, but making based on the brand alone won't be enough, i still remember that DC MOBA that got cancelled less than 6 months after release.

J-Tier

They should've made a fighting game.

Dovahkiin
William Blazkowicz
Sole Survivor (Nate or Nora)
Piper
Valentine
Morgan Yu
Sebastian Castellanos
Laura
Ruvik
Doom Marine
Corvo
Emily
Quake Champions characters
Might as well drop in Brink, Rage and Hunted into the mix.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I suspect their game is a Marvel MOBA, though probably an over the shoulder console friendly one.

you make a compelling case, and i really want this to be a thing

if you have any more concrete things that you can't post publicly, please pm me

either way... guess i'm gonna stay up and watch that e3 presser tonight

Top Bottom