• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Championship Series 2017

You played Halo professionally? Which one?

Everything up to 4ish. Competitively. Tourneys for sure. I wouldn't call it professionally though.

This better explains it. Some of those LAN parties where tournaments. In fact, some of the gamestops in my area even advertised their tourneys as, "Halo LAN Party Tournament!"

I think the reason I never really took it further than a passionate hobby was a combination of my life being crap and it being a time in my life where I was supposed to be doing more responsible things and my foster parents encouraging me to do those instead. That and my team, though amazingly talented, where being pressured in the same way in their own lives. It's something I kind of regret not taking a chance on. But at the same time I can't complain with how things turned out. (Well, yes I can lol, I've been through the fire. I'm just a bit euphoric over buying my first house just the other day!)

I just see this as a cool opportunity for those who love Halo and have any desire to get into a competitive scene. Even if you never go far it would be way easier to get some recognition at least and to me that seems like a cool story to be able to tell your kids. :)

TheDanger

Banned
Everything up to 4ish. Competitively. Tourneys for sure. I wouldn't call it professionally though.

This better explains it. Some of those LAN parties where tournaments. In fact, some of the gamestops in my area even advertised their tourneys as, "Halo LAN Party Tournament!"

I think the reason I never really took it further than a passionate hobby was a combination of my life being crap and it being a time in my life where I was supposed to be doing more responsible things and my foster parents encouraging me to do those instead. That and my team, though amazingly talented, where being pressured in the same way in their own lives. It's something I kind of regret not taking a chance on. But at the same time I can't complain with how things turned out. (Well, yes I can lol, I've been through the fire. I'm just a bit euphoric over buying my first house just the other day!)

I just see this as a cool opportunity for those who love Halo and have any desire to get into a competitive scene. Even if you never go far it would be way easier to get some recognition at least and to me that seems like a cool story to be able to tell your kids. :)

I see, well go for it dude if you still got the skills, also congrats on the house.

Ade

Just tuned to watch what I can before I go out and make some errands...jfc these ads in between matches are running forever. >_<

The place is evacuated due to a bomb threat. Super serious as the terrorist attack yesterday was round the corner.

I was meant to be going this weekend with my daughter but ended up double booked, am relieved we didn't go now.

Edit: event now cancelled until further notice. Stay safe everyone

The place is evacuated due to a bomb threat. Super serious as the terrorist attack yesterday was round the corner.

I was meant to be going this weekend with my daughter but ended up double booked, am relieved we didn't go now.

Wait wut

Wait, really?

Are there any tweets or anything we can follow about it?

Yeah, definitely stay safe folks.

TheDanger

Banned
Supremacy put up a great effort, but Team Infused takes the title deservedly, although would have loved to see one more game. If Fragr didn't stick his teammate it could have all been different, he gotta feel like shit.

belushy

Banned
Some updates on the HCS heading towards Dreamhack Denver this weekend.

belushy

Banned
No announcement on the partners yet for the HCS in 2018. However, the news on the partners will come sometime this year. They also revealed team skin packs (mag skin, AR skin, emblem) for Splyce, Luminosity, and Str8 Rippin.

An open LAN in each of the NA, LATAM, Europe, and ANZ regions, and an additional Regionals tournament for NA, will decide who participates in the HWC 2018.

Top Bottom