• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byvar

I believe the game is in a bad state but it can't be this bad. Though it does seem that the English dub isn't going too well, with the E3 demo only having 1 generic new line for Noctis and the Uncovered event not showing anything from the Engish dub.

The story certainly sounds plausible, but some parts don't really make sense.
For example,
if you fight Ifrit only at the end of the game, then what's the point of having him as a summon?
Though it's possible this is just because the script isn't very good at the moment.

Lebron

Given how SE is throwing everything they have at making XV do well and trying to deflect any bad press, I can see the bits relating to that in particular being true. It's been all hands on deck over there for a while now. Game sounds like it's a mess (and has looked like it).

kswiston

I believe the game is in a bad state but it can't be this bad. Though it does seem that the English dub isn't going too well, with the E3 demo only having 1 generic new line for Noctis and the Uncovered event not showing anything from the Engish dub.

For example,
if you fight Ifrit only at the end of the game, then what's the point of having him as a summon?
Though it's possible this is just because the script isn't very good at the moment.

Or that the person posting the rumors has no inside info, and almost all of this is fabrication and conjecture loosely based on the publicly released media to date.

Intel_89

For example,

Could be used for post-game stuff perhaps? Doesn't seem that farfetched to me.

Man if this is true....

Final Fantasy fans practically kill each other every time a new main entry is released. 12, 13, and 14 were all incredibly polarizing and caused some really ugly infighting among FF "fans".

15 could make those releases look positively pleasant in comparison. Should be fun to watch the shit show unfold. I just hope this doesn't kill the series for good.

On the contrary, if it really is bad then infighting will be minimal, as everyone will complain together about how much it sucks.

A Final Fantasy to unite us all

notaskwid

Or that the person posting the rumors has no inside info, and almost all of this is fabrication and conjecture loosely based on the publicly released media to date.
The amount of confirmation bias caused by people believing right away everything in , even the most oulandish things like
there will be no FFXVI is this game doesn't perform (let alone it is not already being worked on
only gives more credibility to that hypothesis.

PowderedToast

Ever since we've seen actual footage the game has looked rough and its continued to look rough. I was worried before the rumour, and continue to be so. But there's simply not enough evidence for that kind of stuff right now. The game is perfect bait for doom conspiracies cos so much is riding on it.

KupoNut

How plausible is
the the dialogue is still being rewritten at this point and voice-lines are being re-recorded, with the voice lock deadline in 3 weeks.

They recently released a French interview with the voice actors and they said they wrapped up recording the ending already, so I'm really suspicious of that statement. This game has to be a 100% lock soon in order to get rated and printed. This is crazy.

Mendrox

There will be bosses and places only accessible when you can reach the final boss. Not a post game in all sense, but every Final Fantasy had this so far.c

You think this time too after that story bit with the
10 years sleeping
?

That would change the whole world - how will they manage this? Now that I think about that, that could have been a cool third arc ala Final Fantasy 6.

Socivol

10 years sleeping
?

That would change the whole world - how will they manage this? Now that I think about that, that could have been a cool third arc ala Final Fantasy 6.

That spoiler also calls into question what we know about the Plague of the Stars if
Luna dies
wouldn't that cause it to always have the red moon and be continuous night? I feel like that is something that would need to be addressed. Also, if Ardyn
Is a king of Lucis from 2000 years ago wouldn't there be something documenting that and why would he want to destroy his former kingdom?
It could be true but if it is the story will be a complete shit show.

10 years sleeping
?

The whole sleeping thing is stupid. People ONLY believe it because Noctis's hair looks longer in the final shot of the trailer. LOOKS longer, even though hair grows pretty fast. I can have short hair and, give a few months, have hair the length of Noctis's. If we say his hair grows while he's asleep for ten years, his hair would likely be LONGER than that(maybe something like Luke from Tales of the Abyss).

And I don't recall them ever saying new places will be unlocked after/just before fighting the final boss, they DID say that ALL areas in the world would be open to visiting prior to fighting the final boss(which almost gives the impression that there is NOTHING after the final battle, just the ending).

That spoiler also calls into question what we know about the Plague of the Stars if
Luna dies
wouldn't that cause it to always have the red moon and be continuous night? I feel like that is something that would need to be addressed. Also, if Ardyn
Is a king of Lucis from 2000 years ago wouldn't there be something documenting that and why would he want to destroy his former kingdom?

YOU MISUSED THE SPOILER TAG YOU DOLT!

siiiiiiiiiiiigh. It's my fault for being in here.

Well... might as well read the rest of the spoilers now!

Luna dies
Well,
Ardyn was the great ancestor of the Lucis Kingdom and sought to use his great powers to conquer the world, but he was thwarted by his son, the Oracles of Tenebrae and the Goddess of Dawn, Eos, stripped of his powers(even though his bloodline would retain said powers out of a kind gesture from the goddess in helping save the world) and sealed into slumber. But before this, he cursed the world with the Plague of the Stars to increase the darkness of the world, which has the power to weaken the magic of the Goddess of Dawn, thus her spell of slumber weakens. He awakens all these years later, somewhat weakened, worms his way into the Niflheim Empire with his great knowledge of Ancient stuff(It's FF, it's ALLL about the ANCIENTS!) and becomes chancellor and most trusted by Iedolas.Now he plans to use Niflheim to reenact his original goal, conquer the world and take revenge on Tenebrae(kill Luna), Eos(making it perpetual night) and his bloodline that has betrayed him(Lucis, Regis and Noctis).

Socivol

Well,
Ardyn was the great ancestor of the Lucis Kingdom and sought to use his great powers to conquer the world, but he was thwarted by his son, the Oracles of Tenebrae and the Goddess of Dawn, Eos, stripped of his powers(even though his bloodline would retain said powers out of a kind gesture from the goddess in helping save the world) and sealed into slumber. But before this, he cursed the world with the Plague of the Stars to increase the darkness of the world, which has the power to weaken the magic of the Goddess of Dawn, thus her spell of slumber weakens. He awakens all these years later, somewhat weakened, worms his way into the Niflheim Empire with his great knowledge of Ancient stuff(It's FF, it's ALLL about the ANCIENTS!) and becomes chancellor and most trusted by Iedolas.Now he plans to use Niflheim to reenact his original goal, conquer the world and take revenge on Tenebrae(kill Luna), Eos(making it perpetual night) and his bloodline that has betrayed him(Lucis, Regis and Noctis).

This sounds really plausible. Did you just make this up?

True Fire

Here's my conclusion: this guy was an editor on the E3 trailer. He caught wind of the name of the demo, and made up a bunch of stuff from there. He probably saw a lot of silent footage from the beginning and ending of the game, which is why he knows so much about the plot progression but absolutely nothing about the characters, motivations, or dialogue. He has not played the game.

That's how he knows about the disconnected flashback footage in the third act. It would've been in the package sent to him. It's why he assumed that the game wasn't fully voiced yet/incomplete. I'm guessing he probably hated his job, considering the trailer was terrible, he broke his NDA, and he obviously has an unfavorable view on the game. I hope he gets caught soon and blacklisted from the industry.

I wouldn't take any of this seriously, even if he got the plot twist right. Context is everything, and he has not played the game.

I think this is fake. The E3 demo showing the first setpiece of the game is easy to predict and the alliterative gamey title "The Trial of Titan" is too. Or he could have seen the title somehow.

The game has been in development for 10 years and they couldn't delay the game a couple of months to
finish an MC's model? With how important animations and model details are to this game for some reason?
Come on.

notaskwid

Here's my conclusion: this guy was an editor on the E3 trailer. He caught wind of the name of the demo, and made up a bunch of stuff from there. He probably saw a lot of silent footage from the beginning and ending of the game, which is why he knows so much about the plot progression but absolutely nothing about the characters, motivations, or dialogue. He has not played the game.

That's how he knows about the disconnected flashback footage in the third act. It would've been in the package sent to him. It's why he assumed that the game wasn't fully voiced yet/incomplete. I'm guessing he probably hated his job, considering the trailer was terrible, he broke his NDA, and he obviously has an unfavorable view on the game. I hope he gets caught soon and blacklisted from the industry.

I wouldn't take any of this seriously, even if he got the plot twist right. Context is everything, and he has not played the game.

According to the guys at last nights ATR, this trailer was made in japan by people working in the game.

10 years sleeping
?

Yes,
that's one of the main reasons I put this whole sleeping for 10 years into doubt, it would simply be too much work to change the whole world for the sake of the end game. But, I mean, of course there is an end game, otherwise what's the point of the flying car :p

I'm really surprised we haven't seen more of the dub, or at the very least, the more recent trailer from a few months ago in English. I thought we might have gotten a cast list, or something. Square might be wanting to focus on the Kingsglaive cast for all I know, but they're not going to be the in-game actors, so it's a bit frustrating.

Man... this would be disastrous after all the time and money spent. Good lord... I mean, that Uncovered event wasn't cheap.
I have a very hard time believing it. S-E needs this game to be not only a commercial success, but a critical one as well. If it was really this messed up, despite the shitstorm that would occur, a delay would absolutely need to take place. They cannot release this game as a broken, unfinished mess.

Also - Tabata's been doing a lot of tough talk about "what makes a FF" and how his predecessors have fallen short recently. Big words for a guy who's only real major projects before this were mobile and handheld games. Tabata's walking a dangerously thin line between savior and pariah, which will no doubt be determined based on how XV performs. I'm sure Toriyama is secretly hoping Tabata's failure removes him from the depths of the Final Fantasy doghouse. :p

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Well,

So you're saying that before the disassociation from FNC Ardyn is Bhunivelze, the Goddess is Etro and the oracles/chosen Lucis royalty are l'cie XD

Saven

Banned
Just read those supposed spoilers. My thoughts?

No seriously, this is some of the greatest bullshit I have ever read in my life. They don't have the MC model done for the supposed 10 years into the future segment even though the game is due by September 30th? Riiiiiiiiiiiight.... >_>

They are in the beta testing phase right now and game discs need to be mass produced roughly about two or three months before release. All of the major components of the game are done, don't let this guy pull your leg.

Sorry, but I'll believe Verendus over this.

Also, what does Kagari have to say about this?

Has Verendus chimed in on this specifically? I scrolled through all the pages and didn't see a post from him, but maybe I missed it?

And Kagari... well... every FFXV post I see from Kagari about this game still seems filled with bitterness that this is no longer Nomura's magnum opus, so as much as I respect her, I don't really rely on any even-handed commentary from her on FFXV these days. :p

Sazhue

Neo Member
After read this rumour I'm like:
krabs_rag3do.jpg

Has Verendus chimed in on this specifically? I scrolled through all the pages and didn't see a post from him, but maybe I missed it?

And Kagari... well... every FFXV post I see from Kagari about this game still seems filled with bitterness that this is no longer Nomura's magnum opus, so as much as I respect her, I don't really rely on any even-handed commentary from her on FFXV these days. :p

Verendus has stated before that FFXVI has been in development, in fact, for a quite a while. This would contradict the information in this supposed leak.

Brentonp

Tabata has already said a while back that the whole game was playable from start to finish and definitely made it sound like everything was set in place as far as the story goes. I don't believe that they have a bunch of flashback scenes that they have no idea what to do with like the leaker says...

Ydelnae

Let us remember the "leaked" plots that turned out to be real from XIII, which had Lighting and Serah be the same person time traveling to take care of herself, and also being the Orphan's human daughter. There was also the leaked plot from Lightning Returns, which also absolutely turned out to be real, in which Yeul, Lumina and Hope were actually the descendants of the protagonists from the first game that time traveled to the other games in order to alter the timeline and break the loop. Tales of Zestiria also had its entire plot leaked, and it turned out to be real! I loved that final boss fight against Alisha. And of course, let us not forget when Persona 4 Arena Ultimax revealed that Sho was actually the protagonist from Persona 5 and the game ended up deleting his memories and his "personality" so he would start as a fresh canvas for the player avatar in P5.

Can't blame her, tbh.

Every showing makes this look worse than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom