• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
All they had to do was get literally any previous Superman VA.
Any previous Superman VA would be terrible for All Might. Superman is generally portrayed way too stoic for All Might and his VAs follow suit. Something like GI Joe or even Captain Planet fit closer in tone (but even less available). Considering Funimation's limited choices in a simultaneous dub (aka Texas VAs), Sabat using his Armstrong/Piccolo voice was the most suitable choice.

Neoxon

Is it true that we're gonna have no new episode next week?

Also, can the OP be updated to say that the dub will continue to be uploaded on the same day as the sub for the rest of the season?

Veelk

Banned
Huh, I actually meant the hot drink. I was just in japan and the fucking lemon tea is addictive as fuck, I'll buy it everyday.

Edit: Still creepy tho.

That's not exactly a titulating picture there. It's just Uraraka hanging out wearing normal clothes (aside from the Mineta hat thing).

Laiza

My exact face when Midnight was re-introduced the way she was this episode: ಠ_ಠ

I really, really, really wish we could've had a more badass design for the only female teacher at UA. Sigh. Thinking a little too much with your lower half there, Horikoshi.

That aside, I enjoyed the thought put into the naming scene. Some interesting choices there, though a lot were really obvious ("Invisible Girl" - like she was ever going to pick anything else). Thinking about it, I realized I, myself, would probably be paralyzed with indecision were I forced to make a choice on the spot.

Jirou poking fun at Kaminari and then running up in front of the class during his retort was pretty adorable, as was Tsuyu's choice of name (yes, Froppy, we love you!). Looking forward to seeing Midoriya finally progress past the point of self-harm. "You can do it", indeed.

Iida's totally going to pull people into his little roaring rampage of revenge, isn't he? I can already guess how this is going to play out. If nothing else, this should be a fun watch. A shame we get a big ol' nothing next week, though. Them's the breaks!

Neoxon

My exact face when Midnight was re-introduced the way she was this episode: ಠ_ಠ

I really, really, really wish we could've had a more badass design for the only female teacher at UA. Sigh. Thinking a little too much with your lower half there, Horikoshi.

That aside, I enjoyed the thought put into the naming scene. Some interesting choices there, though a lot were really obvious ("Invisible Girl" - like she was ever going to pick anything else). Thinking about it, I realized I, myself, would probably be paralyzed with indecision were I forced to make a choice on the spot.

Jirou poking fun at Kaminari and then running up in front of the class during his retort was pretty adorable, as was Tsuyu's choice of name (yes, Froppy, we love you!). Looking forward to seeing Midoriya finally progress past the point of self-harm. "You can do it", indeed.

Iida's totally going to pull people into his little roaring rampage of revenge, isn't he? I can already guess how this is going to play out. If nothing else, this should be a fun watch. A shame we get a big ol' nothing next week, though. Them's the breaks!
It's a good thing Marvel renamed Sue Storm into Invisible Woman (& that they don't give a flying fuck about the Fantastic Four at the moment) or they'd sue.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The animation fell off a cliff this week. They're probably all dead after the last few episodes, so it's ok, although a bit sad.

Saw some discussion about the English dub above - I personally love the dub to bits, but I tend to enjoy really good dubbed shows. It's good when a show just comes down to taste rather than the dub just being terrible so there's no valid choice.

I have to say that I'm pleased we're back onto the real plot after the standard tournament arc that seems to plague these sorts of shows. Like most of the standard tropes MHA smashes it out of the park in plot and execution, but I'm here for Midoria character progression and we didn't get a huge amount of it for most of the past 12 episodes.

What we did get was a lot of time spent fleshing out the supporting cast, which is good for a show like this.

But if we're getting an A and B plot now (Midoria learning to control his power and Iida's path) that should be a lot of fun. I like Iida and his current plot is probably the most interesting thing on the show right now.

Jintor

by the way if you're wondering why deku's writing was so shakey even though it was two giant katakana characters, it's because his hands are still fucked and he's writing with his left i think

Veedot

Im so happy seeing so much Ashido fanart on my twitter timeline. Hopefully she gets a bigger push in a later arc. Im just assuming here but I feel American fans are taking to her more than the Japanese fans

Kickz

Shame they didn't let Ashida keep the name Alien Queen, I liked it and it seemed accurate.

Anyone know if new opening drops next week? Was hoping it would be this week with the new anime season starting

Raxus

A bad part of me really wants Bakugou's name to be King of Explodo-kills by the end of the series.

I expect the next couple episodes to really be tight on the budget so the back half can look bonkers. I am sure they will polish some of it for the blu ray release too.

And yes, I dunno why Alien Queen didn't pass but Grape Juice and Can't Stop Twinkling did.

One thing that kinda baffled me about the naming sequence (here and in the manga) was that the expectation presented by Midnight is that these are likely to be the kids' final hero names, the ones everyone knows them by. Which feels like a lot to place on some highschool first years!

Maybe it's just a cultural thing?

jett

D-Member
Did Bakugo end up picking a name or not? BTW what's this dude's major malfunction lol

How long have they been at this university anyway? Already doing internships? WTF

Meffer

Did Bakugo end up picking a name or not?

BTW what's this dude's major malfunction lol

I don't think it's a spoiler but his hero name has yet to be seen in the manga so far. I think it be cool if he went with a name like Big Bang. That's a cool name.

Jintor

One thing that kinda baffled me about the naming sequence (here and in the manga) was that the expectation presented by Midnight is that these are likely to be the kids' final hero names, the ones everyone knows them by. Which feels like a lot to place on some highschool first years!

Maybe it's just a cultural thing?

i mean it's like picking a band name right, you can always try and reformat but it's a heap of trouble sometimes

midnight should've just been like "THEY STILL OWN THE COPYRIGHT YOU CAN'T DO THAT" and moved on

Did Bakugo end up picking a name or not? BTW what's this dude's major malfunction lol

How long have they been at this university anyway? Already doing internships? WTF

It's highschool, and they're still not through first semester! shit moves faaaaast.

It is a lot more like college though. Part of that is that the series was originally supposed to be set in college before editorial stuck its oar in, and part of it's that the UA hero course is more like a trade school than a regular high school. Plus, Class A in particular is on an accelerated schedule 'cause they seem to be villain magnets.

NSESN

It's not like you can't change names, and more that it is difficult to change names if your first catch up to public. In fact something like this happens with the main character of the spin-off manga.

AzureFlame

MHA S2 second cour PV

Has a preview of the new OP song as well.

1dc.gif

That was incredible

Love this show so much. Froppy the bes

Somehow that part was really, really cute.

I just don't know why it was the case, if it was the name, or the way she introduced it, the reaction from the classmates, or the scene overall.

I'm so confused, but I know it was just plain adorable.

NEO0MJ

by the way if you're wondering why deku's writing was so shakey even though it was two giant katakana characters, it's because his hands are still fucked and he's writing with his left i think

Yeah, I thought that was a nice detail.

Midnight doesn't know what she's talking about. 'Alien Queen' was a way cooler name and more fitting for Mina's power-set.

Probably presents a wrong image to the public? Don't forget that heroes don't do their work for free.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Part of me wonders if Horikoshi wanted her to be Alien Queen, but the editors told him no.

But it's more likely a joke to reflect Ashido's personality.

Top Bottom