• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Compile Heart opens teaser website for 4 Goddesses Online (Neptunia)

http://compileheart.com/neptune/4goddessesonline/
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/four-god...sion-neptune-verts-room-teaser-website-opened
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryWeb/status/781320914185097216

LWYGlNw.jpg

Gematsu said:
Compile Heart has opened a teaser website for Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune called “Vert’s Room.”

A tweet from the company reads, “On a certain day, in ‘Vert’s Room’…”

The company announced last week that the Tamsoft-developed fantasy RPG runs on Unreal Engine 4. A developer session about the game is set for Unreal Fest 2016 in Yokohama on October 1.

A platform and release date for Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune have yet to be announced.
Not much known about the game so far, but this is a start.

kotodama

The engine change is interesting. Aren't Neptunia games and Tamsoft's Senran Series based on the PhyreEngine?

Vert's room rendered in 3D is rather true to the art, my interest is piqued.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The only Tamsoft game I've ever played was Guardian's Crusade, which was a really charming, albeit simple, RPG. But still I trust them over IF/CH. Neptunia games have such cool ideas but suffer from terrible game design.

Kinda odd that theres no platform announced.

Wait a second...

*Remembers the thread on a 3rd party moving to NS*

*Remembers that their handheld games always sold more*

:O

Probably not as since they haven't been a Nintendo developer, they probably wouldn't have gotten an early dev kit but really odd about no platform...

I am behind on my Neptunia games. Only got 1-4 and U, the others I'll likely have to grab in a sale since I'll likely miss the physical versions due to saving for NS. Hopefully this comes out 2018 here so I can maybe get it. If not NS I hope this'll get a Vita version because playing 4 on the PS4 was a nightmare because of how hot it made my room. 49 hours in 9 days, I was about dead at the end.

Shame this actually isn't online but looks interesting nonetheless.

Nice to see another Tamsoft game for the series, even though their SK works are better than the other Nep spinoffs they did I do prefer then having less focus on the hectic aerial combat than the SK games did.

The three friends things kind of worries me though, that had better not mean only the Four Goddesses are playable (even though it is right in the title...).

flohen95

Am i the only one to think this will be on XB1? I mean it's Vert game...

Blanc's game (MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies) is on Vita instead of a Nintendo console.

That, and when was the last time Idea Factory had something developed for anything but a Sony system anyway (not counting the PC ports, which I believe are the work of IF International to boot).

I'd certainly like them to branch out, but I highly doubt they will anytime soon, and especially not onto Xbox. I'm not saying it's impossible, but, y'know.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Blanc's game (MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies) is on Vita instead of a Nintendo console.

That, and when was the last time Idea Factory had something developed for anything but a Sony system anyway (not counting the PC ports, which I believe are the work of IF International to boot).

I'd certainly like them to branch out, but I highly doubt they will anytime soon, and especially not onto Xbox. I'm not saying it's impossible, but, y'know.

I didn't say xb1 exclusive, but think about it, UE4 and no platform announced are rather suspicious, imo it could be easily on ps4 and xb1(and pc later), or maybe developers were waiting for the NX announcement to say that the game will be (also?)on NX?

I didn't say xb1 exclusive, but think about it, UE4 and no platform announced are rather suspicious, imo it could be easily on ps4 and xb1(and pc later), or maybe developers were waiting for the NX announcement to say that the game will be (also?)on NX?

But why Xbox? There's not point. It's a waste of resources. It'll sell like 10 copies.

I could see a PS4/PC simultaneous launch. I think speculating about Switch software is not worth it at this point.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
But why Xbox? There's not point. It's a waste of resources. It'll sell like 10 copies.

I could see a PS4/PC simultaneous launch. I think speculating about Switch software is not worth it at this point.

I wouldn't be so sure, at this point it's better to focus on worldwide market instead that on the Japanese one, especially with 3ds and vita near their end, also Vert's game is the perfect excuse for the debut on xb1 and the UE4 makes it easy.

I wouldn't be so sure, at this point it's better to focus on worldwide market instead that on the Japanese one, especially with 3ds and vita near their end, also Vert's game is the perfect excuse for the debut on xb1 and the UE4 makes it easy.

And on the worldwide market for Japanese games, XB1 is meaningless.

WIth Playstation and PC the Neptunia series has pretty much covered all their bases (once again ignoring Switch)

Guymelef

Worldwide market for JPN games on Xbox is nothing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
And on the worldwide market for Japanese games, XB1 is meaningless.
Worldwide market for JPN games on Xbox is nothing.
Not long time ago japanese developers used to completely ignore the pc, now many of them port almost everything on steam with good results, the market has changed, i don't see why not trying with xb1 too, take into account that neptunia games don't need high numbers to be profitable.

Barrier of entry for Steam is extremely low which is why a lot of companies decided to self publish there and early successes like Recettear and Ys showed a demand for those titles.

The same just isn't true for Xbox.

Durante

Not long time ago japanese developers used to completely ignore the pc, now many of them port almost everything on steam with good results, the market has changed, i don't see why not trying with xb1 too, take into account that neptunia games don't need high numbers to be profitable.
A port probably wouldn't be too expensive, but I think the question of just how many potentially interested people they would reach who own neither a PS4 nor a PC is a valid one.

Because Steam is far bigger than XB1. Also the entry cost is far lower.

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/four-goddesses-online-cyber-dimension-neptune-first-screenshots

The first screenshots of Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune have hit the internet via Amazon Japan listings.

The listings also reveal the contents of the 9,700 “Royal Edition.” It includes:

A copy of the game
Tsunako-illustrated special box
Visual book
“Megami wo Tsuntsun Shichau” Situation CD
“Four Goddesses Online Soundtrack” Soundtrack CD

The standard edition will cost 7,200 at retail and 6,400 yen via download.

Four Goddesses Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan on February 9.

huh1678

Banned

Xbox requires a minimum print though, never forget type 0. While steam is all digital, much less risk than releasing than on the Xbox. Not even worth the effort for such a niche series to come out on the Xbox.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryWeb/status/791465871466115072

Exclusive pre-order outfits, don't ya just love them?

http://compileheart.com/neptune/4goddessesonline/

Website's now kinda open properly, though there's not much there except for a bunch of shop-specific order bonuses (including CG art for other characters). Also there're scans out showing a new fairy-esque character who Vert seems... overly fond of.

Its kinda weird they are going for such an old reference "Cats Eye" seems to give away to what kind of age group they are looking at targeting with that lol

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Meh, i would have liked to be surprised with a console other than ps4, well whatever.

Xbox requires a minimum print though, never forget type 0. While steam is all digital, much less risk than releasing than on the Xbox. Not even worth the effort for such a niche series to come out on the Xbox.

That's stupid.

That's still stupid, but if so how can limited run games do their business? Is the minimum print that low? What about digital only games? Couldn't Neptunia be dd only?

Yeah LRG does what they do only on Playstation mostly because Sony has an extremely low minimum order quantity (MOQ). It's significantly higher on other platforms.

It could be digital only, but publishing on Xbox sitill requires a lot more work than publishing on PC.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah LRG does what they do only on Playstation mostly because Sony has an extremely low minimum order quantity (MOQ). It's significantly higher on other platforms.

It could be digital only, but publishing on Xbox sitill requires a lot more work than publishing on PC.
Ok thanks :)

Website updated with a variety of stuff. Highlights below:

The new character and latest target of Vert's... sister hunt. According to her bio she's an AI NPC.

Art for the titular 4 Goddesses, with varying degrees of titularity. I want Blanc to heal me etc.

Also more info about the Royal Edition (mentioned above somewhere), some old screenshots and a 'Vert's room' email about a twitter campaign.

StayDead

This is looking really good.

Let's ignore the fact I have 3 of the Neptunia games (Blanc vs Zombies, Re;Birth 3, Victory 2) still wrapped when I go to preorder this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyF_8ZteBF8

New PV, primarily featuring Neptune posing a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=405uPsmmUvc

Also a soundtrack sample video.

IF's twitter has some interesting new images, including:

Kiria and Kuronekohime, both new characters / beta testers for 4GO.

And the cover illustration for the Royal Edition.

Lastly, there're scans out showing the art for the 4 CPU candidates, as well as for Kiria + Kuronekohime. The White Sisters look surprisingly good, particularly Rom.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Really digging that soundtrack sampler. Might have to add the royal version to future purchases.

Marow

The soundtrack sounds excellent. The series always had good music, but it has really stepped up its game lately.

Top Bottom