• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The cheesiest dubbed anime openings

PixelatedBookake

Having grown up in the 4kids era of dubbed anime, I have an appreciation for cheesy anime openings created for audiences outside Japan. My favorite one of these has to be what is now known as the One Piece Rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

My brother and I LOVED it. Not so much nowadays.

What dumb, cheesy anime openings did you guys enjoy when you were kids and which ones do you enjoy now?

Nothing beats Saint Seiya's dubbed intro, which they decided should be "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls simply because the first few seconds of the Japanese intro happened to feature the characters running.

Motherlovin Case Closed/Detective Conan English opening

On mobile so no link but the song starts with

"It was the first new century / in 100 years"

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Nothing beats Saint Seiya's dubbed intro, which they decided should be "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls simply because the first few seconds of the Japanese intro happened to feature the characters running.

I wouldn't have minded this so much since I actually really like the original song, but the cover was fucking awful.

Also, too. I remember a couple of years I saw on Dic's website a completely different intro that was actually not too bad. It had lyrics like:

Saint Seiya!
He's got the meteor power!
Saint Seiya!
Fighting evil by the hour!

Unfortunately, I can't find that theme ANYWHERE on youtube. :(

Fj0823

Anime fans love to hate on this change from the original theme, but I guarantee you DBZ wouldn't have been half as successful in the US with Cha-La Head-Cha-La as the opening song.

Yeah, I mean it only worked for the rest of the world

Top Bottom