• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man pistol rivens really like the 3 head shots in 1 am glide challenge huh? Think that's 3 in a row now. Hope it's a decent one this time.

Anyone have a Vectis Prime receiver they'd be willing to sell or trade? Spent 6 hours trying to get one and no luck.

I'd also be interested in a Soma Prime Barrel/Stock if anyone happens to have any.

Wowbagger

The prosecutors drop an unique material for the disc weapon.

Ah, right.

Actually Kuva is supposed to be boosted. DE said that there's a console bug and if they can't resolve it for the weekend, they'll work out some compensation. Mentioned towards the end of Devstream 93.

Interesting, thanks. Wish I had read this sooner, though. Got 1200 traces for when I feel like grinding for some of the new prime gear, at least.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm yeah I may try that. Usually just use zephyr and go to mars. Just found it funny as I know I've had that challenge 3 times before and I think they were all pistol rivens.

@noblesse I think I have an extra soma barrel.

void666

Banned
I have this game installed on my ps4 since 2014. I play it from time to time then forget it. And i don't quite understand a lot of things about it. I feel completelly lost still.

How does it compare to destiny? Not asking which one is better. But what activities are there in warframe? Something similar to strikes, raids? Are there story missions with cutscenes and stuff? Where is the hub world?

Everytime i log in, i pick a mission and it's always these super generic objectives in some generic place. I hear it's procedurally generated.
Enemies so far were not very interesting.

I love the mobility. Running, sliding, wall running. It's sweet. But i always seem to be trapped in some tight corridors.

VandalD

I have this game installed on my ps4 since 2014. I play it from time to time then forget it. And i don't quite understand a lot of things about it. I feel completelly lost still.

How does it compare to destiny? Not asking which one is better. But what activities are there in warframe? Something similar to strikes, raids? Are there story missions with cutscenes and stuff? Where is the hub world?

Everytime i log in, i pick a mission and it's always these super generic objectives in some generic place. I hear it's procedurally generated.
Enemies so far were not very interesting.

I love the mobility. Running, sliding, wall running. It's sweet. But i always seem to be trapped in some tight corridors.
It's pretty normal to feel lost. There are story missions in the form of quests, though we didn't start getting heavy story and cutscenes until the more recent updates. Each planet has its own tilesets, so it's not really procedurally generated, but it is fairly random. Think like the Diablo 3 tilesets if you're familiar with that game. You have set areas, and set room pieces for those areas.

Relays are the "towns" of Warframe. You can talk to a number of NPCs there and get a few quests, as well as just gather with other players.

It's hard for me to compare this to Destiny as I haven't played that to max level. Destiny probably has better structure and much better gameplay balance. Warframe does have raids, but the things that are locked behind raids aren't even required to become very powerful. You can play most of the game solo, and I'd actually recommend that for the most part, if you don't have friends to play with, or at least other people who won't just come in and do the missions for you.

The enemies get more interesting as you go to harder planets. This game makes the pretty bad mistake of throwing about two or three regular enemies at you per room in the early missions, which gives new players the wrong impression of how it all actually plays, especially if you go solo. If you like how the game feels, with the mobility and basic gunplay and using your abilities, then keep at it. It becomes a lot more hectic and difficult as you get into the midgame. Then, if you play longer, the game pretty much turns into Dynasty Warriors in space, with you mowing down countless enemies with your overpowered weapons and ridiculous frame abilities, with your only goal being looking pretty and mastering all of the weapons in the game. And helping newbies.

Hope that helped a bit.

What idiot came up with the final Inaros fight? Level 20-25 my ass. He's too much of a bullet sponge for even my most powerful weapon to take out before running out of ammo, and his little stun move makes him too dangerous to melee. Atop of that killing his forms doesn't counter the 15 minute no-kill auto fail.

VandalD

Inaros is just that beefy. Bring a frame like Nova, Banshee, or Rhino that can buff your damage if you're having trouble killing him. Ammo restore gear can help too, though if it's taking you so long that the mission is triggering the auto fail, it makes me wonder what you're trying to kill him with. If nothing else, you can have someone else along to help you.

I took Trinity and beat him by EVing the statues and linking the protector. I was on Nekros the first time because I was expecting a 20-25 to be a cake walk like the entire questline up to that. But apparently you can't summon shadows in there meaning he was a completely worthless frame. I would have eventually killed him on Nekros by just hit and running but the stupid auto-time out triggered at like the last 10%.

Also I was told you couldn't bring anyone who wasn't on the quest also, so I went solo.

VandalD

You can bring someone that isn't on the quest, as long as they have already done it. Anyone who can equip the urn can come along. Have done so myself.

Glad you were able to get it done.

void666

Banned
It's pretty normal to feel lost. There are story missions in the form of quests, though we didn't start getting heavy story and cutscenes until the more recent updates. Each planet has its own tilesets, so it's not really procedurally generated, but it is fairly random. Think like the Diablo 3 tilesets if you're familiar with that game. You have set areas, and set room pieces for those areas.

Relays are the "towns" of Warframe. You can talk to a number of NPCs there and get a few quests, as well as just gather with other players.

It's hard for me to compare this to Destiny as I haven't played that to max level. Destiny probably has better structure and much better gameplay balance. Warframe does have raids, but the things that are locked behind raids aren't even required to become very powerful. You can play most of the game solo, and I'd actually recommend that for the most part, if you don't have friends to play with, or at least other people who won't just come in and do the missions for you.

The enemies get more interesting as you go to harder planets. This game makes the pretty bad mistake of throwing about two or three regular enemies at you per room in the early missions, which gives new players the wrong impression of how it all actually plays, especially if you go solo. If you like how the game feels, with the mobility and basic gunplay and using your abilities, then keep at it. It becomes a lot more hectic and difficult as you get into the midgame. Then, if you play longer, the game pretty much turns into Dynasty Warriors in space, with you mowing down countless enemies with your overpowered weapons and ridiculous frame abilities, with your only goal being looking pretty and mastering all of the weapons in the game. And helping newbies.

Hope that helped a bit.

Mmmm... I like this.
Thank you.

BigAl1992

Oberon prime and Silva and Aegis prime just dropped. I just got a relic very quickly; Meso V5 has the main blueprint for Silva and Aegis. It's Uncommon.

jfull7602

Neo Member
Oberon prime and Silva and Aegis prime just dropped. I just got a relic very quickly; Meso V5 has the main blueprint for Silva and Aegis. It's Uncommon.

According to the forums, someone said these are the locations. Happy farming! (I'm sure there are other relics, but this is what I saw posted, so thought I would share).

Meso N4 - Oberon BP - Uncommon

Axi O1 - Oberon Sys - Rare

Meso O1 - Oberon Neuro - Rare

Axi H2 - Oberon Chassis - Common

frizby

Oberon was pretty easy to get. Pretty much all of us who tried to get him got him the first day. I still have work to do on the others, but I have a lot of the relics already. Other than the one Lith Relic, I got all of my relics on Io Jupiter and Xini Eris.

Lith: N3 (Sybaris Stock)
Meso: N4 (Oberon BP), O1 (Oberon Helmet), S5 (Sybaris Barrel), V5 (Silva~ BP)
Neo: N6 (Sybaris Receiver), S6 (Silva~ guard), V5 (Silva~ Hilt)
Axi: B2 (Sybaris BP), C2 (Silva~ Blade), H2 (Oberon Chassis), O1 (Oberon Systems)

Daemul

Back when I had little amounts of plat I would be motivated to take part in the farming for new primes, but now that I've made enough plat to last me a lifetime I can't be bothered. The fact that it's Oberon makes me even more unmotivated.

I'll buy the Sybaris and Aegis Primes in a few months when they're going for reasonable prices.

Also, Rhino prime is reportedly getting unvaulted for a short time in the coming months, no? If so, I'll put in the effort to farm for him since I like regular Rhino, and I wasn't playing the game in the time before his Prime got vaulted.

VandalD

Silva and Aegis Prime seem to be a solid weapon. It's just too bad that it's statistically inferior to Galatine Prime, aside from the extra 5% status. Doesn't make sense to me that it swings so much slower when it also has shorter range and less base damage. Pure elemental damage can be good, but not compared to having a ton of slash damage. S&AP really leans on the Final Harbinger stance to be good. It needs those multi-hit attacks.

Also, Rhino prime is reportedly getting unvaulted for a short time in the coming months, no? If so, I'll put in the effort to farm for him since I like regular Rhino, and I wasn't playing the game in the time before his Prime got vaulted.
We don't know when it'll happen, but whatever unvaulting plan they have coming up, it should include Rhino. He's next on the list. They seem to be considering unvaulting two at a time again, like with Frost and Ember.

S&AP looks so much worse than the non-prime version in my opinion. I liked how the original looked like it was held together by energy. I wish they'd let us use normal skins on prime weapons too.

Edit: looks like they're giving console 3 back-to-back 1-day long kuva alerts that will award 4,000 kuva each to make up for the double kuva not working last weekend.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Omfg DE Fix your fucking servers ffs. I have spent ten hrs now over the last 36 trying to get your matchmaking to work. I can't even do pub fissures without having to go solo then pub then solo then pub 7 times already today. If your network can't handle so many ppl spend some of that plat money plz.

And the few runs I have got in were filled with ppl leaving, afk, racist jokes, ppl not having the right relics etc. How do you guys deal with recruiting every day? I want to just play not deal with this virtual telephone game. Holy shit this is frustrating.

I miss the old days when we were always running something.

I dunno this game had so much potential but it's been years with some of these issues and DE can't seem to be bothered to care at all about fixing them. It drags the game down.

Omfg DE Fix your fucking servers ffs. I have spent ten hrs now over the last 36 trying to get your matchmaking to work. I can't even do pub fissures without having to go solo then pub then solo then pub 7 times already today. If your network can't handle so many ppl spend some of that plat money plz.

And the few runs I have got in were filled with ppl leaving, afk, racist jokes, ppl not having the right relics etc. How do you guys deal with recruiting every day? I want to just play not deal with this virtual telephone game. Holy shit this is frustrating.

I miss the old days when we were always running something.

I dunno this game had so much potential but it's been years with some of these issues and DE can't seem to be bothered to care at all about fixing them. It drags the game down.

Well for one, the game is P2P so if you get a bad host you're stuck with it. PC is currently experimenting with private hosted server options for Conclave; they've mentioned before that running their own servers is cost prohibitive. Here's a reddit post breaking down server costs. Last we knew back in March, servers were on the discussion table for the future if growth continues. They kinda have to face it when they're getting this big.

"Online interactions may vary." I've had wonderful runs today with people wishing each other good luck before the match starts, or just not saying anything at all. I will say that it's a shame there isn't a kick user function, but most of the time the host just backs out and remakes the room if there's someone being a problem.

DE doesn't change things because DE has no incentive to. They're still doing well and Warframe is in the top most played on Steam's list often. They keep the drip feed of new stuff and people keep buying it up. We've had a particular developer, Pablo, who's doing some work on QOL things, fixing up some of the stuff in the background that vets have wanted.

For what it's worth, I'm still having a fun time with this game. It's my go-to for idle time, the comforting mac and cheese I can always make when I'm done trying out other dinners. It's not the best, and you could always hope for more, but at least it's dependable.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I'm not asking for the dedicated servers I'm asking for matchmaking to actually work. Am I the only one who gets these errors? I do say a pub fissure and it does the looking for squad thing but either instantly closes or try to connect then closes or gets a squad then drops the the destination choice and none of us can pick one so we have to break up. This happens multiple times a day at times. Some days are fine. Then there are the issues if the host leaves.

I mean the rng/f2p bs is obviously here to stay though they have enough content to stop being so insistent on needing progress but whatever. The matchmaking stuff though should be able to be improved somewhat Imo.

For a 'paladin' Oberon has some of the thinnest weakest arms of the frames, and they somehow made him even more frail in the prime version by reducing his shoulder width.

Also his name, passive ability and deluxe skin make him seem closer to a druid than a paladin. Get your classes right, DE.

frizby

Finished off the new prime set this morning. Probably had the most trouble with the uncommon parts for Siva and Sybaris, but nothing was too tough. Of all the rares, I think I only had to run two relics on one of them.

I've been kicking from the clan at around 30 days lately, and a few of you are approaching 40. Log in if you can, and get in on this sweet horny Oberon Prime action. He so horny. He love you long time.

Amon37

Finished off the new prime set this morning. Probably had the most trouble with the uncommon parts for Siva and Sybaris, but nothing was too tough. Of all the rares, I think I only had to run two relics on one of them..

How many hours total do you think you spent?

frizby

How many hours total do you think you spent?

Tough to say. In the new system, most of your time is spent relic farming, and in most cases, I ended up with more relics than I needed.

Edit: Neos and Mesos are super easy to get, but the Axis can be time consuming. I probably did 8-10 runs on Xini...some only 4 waves others to 8 or 12. I got the one Lith part randomly while doing a Lith interception fissure for relics/traces. It's a common, and one of the randoms put in the new relic. It's happened twice now, as I have a spare.

Still looking for a Vectis Prime Receiver, and Soma barrel/stock if anyone has them.

Also I'm like 0/6182 on Overextended, which I really need. So I'd be willing to buy/trade for one of those too.

@noblesse I think I have an extra soma barrel.

Let me know if you're willing to sell/trade it.

I'm usually able to get on 1PM to 7PM EST any day of the week.

VandalD

Axis are always the worst part of a new prime release, since they never drop on rotation A, while other relics can drop on A depending on where you go. People either don't seem to know this or just don't care and so don't always stay to rotation B and C in endless missions.

Wasn't really feeling the need for these new primes, but I wanted to get it done while people are still running the relics. Just waiting for Oberon to craft now.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I still have an extra soma barrel. I'm on around 2pm pst for a few hrs most days.

Good luck on overextended. Think that was the only corrupted mod I had to trade for.

I have an extra syberis barrel and Oberon chassis for trade if anyone needs. Only have Oberon BP and s&a BP so far.

frizby

Axis are always the worst part of a new prime release, since they never drop on rotation A, while other relics can drop on A depending on where you go. People either don't seem to know this or just don't care and so don't always stay to rotation B and C in endless missions.

Agreed. For Axis, I usually bring Nova to Xini, which allows me to solo to rotation C if I have to. I also usually ask in squad chat if other people are farming relics.

I also always run Defense/Interception fissures which have the same relic drop tables as their normal versions.

Cracklox

Finished off the new prime set this morning. Probably had the most trouble with the uncommon parts for Siva and Sybaris, but nothing was too tough. Of all the rares, I think I only had to run two relics on one of them.

I've been kicking from the clan at around 30 days lately, and a few of you are approaching 40. Log in if you can, and get in on this sweet horny Oberon Prime action. He so horny. He love you long time.

Oh crap, don't kick me if you haven't already. I'll be back for sure at some point.

I was going to log in a week or so ago but realized I had grabbed the psn free starter pack, which includes a few boosters that I didn't want to activate and waste by doing a log in/log out.

Not sure I'm quite in the mood to get back into WF just now, but either way I'll try and get on again soon.

BigAl1992

I hope No One was waiting on Baro this week. His selection of stock, aside from tempo royale and an immortal skin for Hydros if you're into that frame, suck big time.

Meanwhile, on PC...

hZXL8ka.jpg

I picked up the hydro skin (which ended up kinda boring) and the rifle slash mod because it was the only mod I was missing of this week's visit.

I'm glad he had a sad offering so I don't have to stress about farming ducat.

frizby

Oh crap, don't kick me if you haven't already. I'll be back for sure at some point.

I was going to log in a week or so ago but realized I had grabbed the psn free starter pack, which includes a few boosters that I didn't want to activate and waste by doing a log in/log out.

Not sure I'm quite in the mood to get back into WF just now, but either way I'll try and get on again soon.

Gotcha. I may make a custom rank for people who are on an extended break and who let me know.

It's just that having a bunch of people off for over a month affects recruiting and hurts us during events.

Amon37

Still looking for a Vectis Prime Receiver, and Soma barrel/stock if anyone has them.

Also I'm like 0/6182 on Overextended, which I really need. So I'd be willing to buy/trade for one of those too.

Let me know if you're willing to sell/trade it.

I'm usually able to get on 1PM to 7PM EST any day of the week.

I have an overextended you can have

Cracklox

Gotcha. I may make a custom rank for people who are on an extended break and who let me know.

It's just that having a bunch of people off for over a month affects recruiting and hurts us during events.

Cheers. And sorry for not contributing during the last 2 events. I dove in head first for a few months just before the 1st one started and burnt myself out a bit tbh, and couldn't find the will to log on. I was keeping an eye on here though, and the updates seemed as though we were well on target for most of the time, with or without a score from me. I'd like to think if HAD to, I would've for the team, but here we are.

Heck I remember even getting the anniversary stuff around that time, was something I struggled with and that took all of 10 mins

But all that said, like I mentioned def be back. WF's quite a bit different from some of my other regular games, and every time I get back into it, it reminds about all the good stuff I miss pretty quickly. And coming back to a bunch of new stuff is always fun too, instead of waiting around every day for any new info, and counting down days to patches etc lol

Does it come with a bane voice for our operators or is that sold separately?

lols all round

Top Bottom