• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Dominator

All this positive word of mouth about Season 5 is making me want to catch up, but my god I hated the beginning of Season 3 so much I had to stop. I can't skip episodes if I come back to it so I pray this newest season is as good as I'm hearing.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I hope they treat Vigilante as a necessary evil. As in, him and Team Arrow have a "love hate, but I understand relationship" kinda like Punisher and Daredevil do.

Vigilante really should be Tommy.

I know the actor is busy, character is dead, but it's the one thing Arrow has left that'd fuck with Oliver.

I wish I could believe Malcolm was dead, but then who would remind Thea that she's his daughter for the 18 millionth time?

Good finale. Nice fight scenes. It was cool seeing all the characters meet up and I'm sure they're all totally blown up right now.

P.S. Manu is sexy af.

Zen Aku

I wish I could believe Malcolm was dead, but then who would remind Thea that she's his daughter for the 18 millionth time?

Part of me don't think Malcolm is dead. The dude's name in the League of Assassins is The Magician.

I'm sure he had some shit up his sleeves. It wouldn't surprise me if he show up in Season 7 and you see a flashback of him doing some fuckery and somehow survived that.
------

Also I don't want to or need to know how Chase planned everything. Chase is just Zemo from Civil War with a lot more prep time and 1000x more meticulous. It's not unrealistic that he is always 10 steps ahead of Oliver because he spent years studying Oliver and every possible paths Oliver could take.

Honestly, Oliver have never been in control this season. Chase strung him along like a damn puppet and the fact that we don't even know how he does all these things is the scariest part about him. The worst thing isn't that he is 10 steps ahead of you, is that you don't even know how he's doing it.

Joni

I'm sure he had some shit up his sleeves. It wouldn't surprise me if he show up in Season 7 and you see a flashback of him doing some fuckery and somehow survived that.
Even better: have him show up and never explain how in the hell he escaped.

LotusHD

Banned
can i hope curtis and felicity are dead?

fZr6xdu_d.jpg

You keep spouting the same thing over and over, and people keep disagreeing.

They can disagree and be wrong, the retreading is a fact. Only the being good or not is opinion.

You retread and repeat this line every post all year long. I still have no idea what you're talking about

I'm far from the only one pointing of the repeating.

If you really read my posts you'd know

- Queen Industries swapped out for Mayor's Office (His closest ally is secretly evil, shh it a surprise).
- Training up Roy and...wait I mean Mad Dog and co.
- Arrow/Green Arrow getting set up by bad guy so police after him again.
- Another friends fight with alcoholism.
- New Canary in training cos last one died.
- Dark Archer II ( Malcolm owns that already btw).
- You like killing Oliver! This is totally a new revelation, blame flashpoint for why this is new again?! Ain't gotta explain shit.

Etc etc.

It's been a boring season for new story unless you're forgetting previous ones.

As for chase (nicking this from flash thread).

The big bad has bullshit levels of foresight and knowledge of things he couldn't possibly know to the point he isn't believable or interesting, a character with no flaws is boring, and that is what he is. Marty Sue.

Here he is battling Oliver in comic form. Literally every time Oliver think he has upper hand.

Death_Note_In_A_Nutshell.jpg

Awful.

Magwik

Banned
- Queen Industries swapped out for Mayor's Office (His closest ally is secretly evil, shh it a surprise).
and somehow having more of the same is preferable?
- Training up Roy and...wait I mean Mad Dog and co.
I don't see how sidekicks, which is the most common hero thing ever, is a sign of creative bankrupcy
- Arrow/Green Arrow getting set up by bad guy so police after him again.
I mean Ollie has killed a lot of people
- Another friends fight with alcoholism.
Shit better to an AAA meeting and tell them that their problems are unreal and uncreative. The context of the character is much more important anyways.
- New Canary in training cos last one died.
New Wells comes by cause last one died
- Dark Archer II ( Malcolm owns that already btw).
Merlyn rivaled Oliver for the longest time. He won in S1. There's a difference between being a dark archer and training to beat someone you hate with a burning passion.
- You like killing Oliver! This is totally a new revelation, blame flashpoint for why this is new again?! Ain't gotta explain shit.
??????

GulAtiCa

Given Dan's posts in the Wonder Woman - women only theater showing complaining "what about men's rights?", I'm convinced at this point Dan is a troll. At this point, he repeats and retreads, ironically enough, the same message.

abundant

Since they added Superman on screen to Supergirl. Would it be out of possibility to see Batman in Arrow at some point?

I highly doubt we'd see that. Batman is essentially WB's biggest DC Star, so the chances of him showing up anywhere but the big screen is slime to none.

Since they added Superman on screen to Supergirl. Would it be out of possibility to see Batman in Arrow at some point?

Doubtful. Although Gotham and Batman exist on Supergirl's Earth.

Who knows. The Batman on Supergirl would be older than Affleck's Batman. Maybe retired.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This is why we gotta push for Batman 66 to be integrated into the Arrowverse. Then we can have Adam West show up as a Matches Malone who is searching for a young woman he once knew... Talia Al Ghul.

Given Dan's posts in the Wonder Woman - women only theater showing complaining "what about men's rights?", I'm convinced at this point Dan is a troll. At this point, he repeats and retreads, ironically enough, the same message.
Don't make this personal. It's childish.

Don't​ misquote and misrepresent my posts either, if you cannot understand a post don't pretend like you do.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
DC seems a lot more protective of Batman (and The BatFamily + Joker) than they are of Superman. Gotham's Jerome is basically a proto-Joker, but he's also the only younger version of a villain they haven't just outright confirmed is who he appears to be.

Superman on the other hand got tons of villains adapted in the 90s with Lois & Clark, and in the 2000s with Smallville. We still haven't gotten a live action Batman series. Kinda feels like they wanted Arrow to fill that gap.

I vaguely recall Smallville originally was about Bruce (I could phrase that better) in a post-Batman&Robin time when the brand was damaged. But now, not so much.

Personally I don't think this season was that good, the new recruits for team arrow ruined everything for me, I don't like any of them. And I don't think the last 10 seconds of the finale were that good when we know they don't have what it takes to
kill
the characters on the island. Glad that people enjoyed the season anyway.

There's still Helix which I still assume had some tie to Chase.

I vaguely recall Smallville originally was about Bruce (I could phrase that better) in a post-Batman&Robin time when the brand was damaged. But now, not so much.

Yeah, Gough and Millar originally wanted to make a show about a young Bruce Wayne but WB was already trying to get a Batman reboot made and offered them Clark instead.

Ashhong

Barrowman is gone completely? He actually died there? Damn, thought there would be a swerve

Solid season overall. I actually thought Chase was a bit corny and I was tired of the whole "your past comes to haunt you" stuff they've been doing for so long. But it definitely picked up in these last two episodes. Good stuff Arrow team.

Xenoboy

No body, no death. I didn't really like how they handled the landmine situation there, but I guess it's okay since they were in a bit of a rush having to go to the plane and all that.

Ashhong

The swerve will work better if we assume he is dead for a year. He had been a bit too present as well.

True, guess they left it open so that they can use him again if necessary. There's always a way. Can't be just killing off Boomerang like that either...

All this positive word of mouth about Season 5 is making me want to catch up, but my god I hated the beginning of Season 3 so much I had to stop. I can't skip episodes if I come back to it so I pray this newest season is as good as I'm hearing.

Sorry but the night is darkest just before dawn...

Honestly as bad as 3&4 are 5 was so good it absolutely made up for it.

Shit that's right
Boomerang has to die
He's the last living remnant of the DCEU Squad in Arrowverse right?

Katana still alive, if she technically counts.

Superman was a desperate move because you can't have Supergirl without direct Superman references.
S1 did it so terribly and with changing networks it was basically a marketing stunt.

Arrow doesn't need Batman so WB wouldn't approve of it.

However I still think
1. Supergirl will eventually use Batwoman
2. Teen Titans will use Batman in some form

Parch

Pretty meh season for me.
I'm sure I'll end up watching the start of next seasons, but Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash are really close to getting cut from my watchlist. I'll definitely stick with Gotham, Legends, and Shield though.

Top Bottom