• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Chinbo37
(02-20-2017, 08:54 AM)
Ok thanks to the info available online as well as this thread I have installed the homebrew channel on my Wii.

I have loaded up Retroarch on a USB thumb stick and managed to run a couple NES and SNES games using their respective cores on Retroarch. I thought Retroarch would be difficult to figure out but it was pretty simple.

The NES games ran perfectly using Wii Mote turned side ways and I plugged in a classic controller Pro and ran the SNES games no problem.

I plan on figuring out Wiiflow to get cover views for my games.

I also plan on figuring out how to install whatever I need to play Gamecube and Wii games.

So my question - besides the above. What else can I do? I checked the list of applications and it seems that you can do a lot of cool tricks with Homebrew apps. But given that my Wii sits in my entertainment center next to my HTPC I dont really need it as a media player or anything like that.
CrashPrime
(04-05-2017, 02:58 PM)
Thread Necro? Sorry.

So my GoogleFu skills are coming up short. I am looking for a modern tutorial on setting up an individual game for RetroArch forwarding. All I was able to find was this obscure youtube video showing(?) that it can be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhTOwI8CITM

I know injecting VC game wads is a thing but I was interested in just adding a few simple MSX games to the channels list. With no VC to inject, I am left with RetroArch which looks quite awful to the layman. (RGUI doesn't bother me but your average joe will appreciate a clickable channel).
Everblue
(07-05-2017, 09:09 AM)
I am setting up a Wii soon with Homebrew, I did some reading about the subject and it seems that there can be issues with some external drives. I did find a compatibility list but it is quite old.

Can someone suggest me a fully compatible HDD (500gb-1tb) that I can purchase and is generally available right now?

Thank you!