• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Anniversary Reveal At E3 is teased by Xbox Mexico team

LiamR

I'm sure Halo 2 Anniversary is happening in some form and we'll see it at E3, but this doesn't have much significance. It's just a random nostalgia post. Reminds me of that Beyond Good & Evil post on Facebook last year.

Please be for the 360

Good luck with that.

Striker

!!

Just got chills down my spine seeing ZANZIBAR/LAST Resort!!
5h2nzoy.gif

As great as these might be for those who have never played them before. I'm of the view that I would much rather see money invested in new ips. I spent countless hrs on halo 2 and 3 but going back to old games is never the same I want new titles instead please.

rrc1594

Do people really think they are putting on 360 also? Now that would be dumb of MS. Forza I can kinda understand.

Didn't he just say not to expect much , I don't think he flat out denied it.
If I remember it correctly, yes. A boxart pic and the confirmation that Halo 5 exisists is clearly not much to be hyped about

Since Xbox Mexico is posting Halo Stuff regulary on Tuesdays I dont think we really have some kind of hint here

Why ? It's a port of an old game.
It would limit the game since it always have to be playable on the old console. I really hope if H2A exists it will look like Ryse in terms of graphic. Would be so cool if they can achieve the look of the original CGI Announcement Trailer of H2

EvB

If I remember it correctly, yes. A boxart pic and the confirmation that Halo 5 exisists is clearly not much to be hyped about

Since Xbox Mexico is posting Halo Stuff regulary on Tuesdays I dont think we really have some kind of hint here

It would limit the game since it always have to be playable on the old console. I really hope if H2A exists it will look like Ryse in terms of graphic. Would be so cool if they can achieve the look of the original CGI Announcement Trailer of H2

Which CGI trailer?

Welfare

All hail ntkrnl!

Whether it's Halo 2 Anniversary or a Master Chief bundle, I will be happy come Monday.

Varg

Banned
Don't you dare Fuck this up MS!!! This will be the game that makes me go out and buy and xbone if it plays like the original. This and socom 2 ran my childhood.

forza aint a system seller. Halo is.

A remake isn't, Halo is no exception. H2A will sell very well to the Halo core, who either already have an X1 or were bound to purchase one anyways. The Mainstream will see it as that game I played 10 years ago.

People are letting nostalgia get in the way of logic here. The Halo 5 delay is going to sting.

RdN

I want to play 16 people on Zanzibar with no lag at all due to Dedicated Servers. Give it to me, 343i.

dwells

I'm really hoping for just Halo 2 Anniversary and not the rumored Master Chief Collection. I'd rather see all the effort focused on one incredible Halo 2 remake with the original multiplayer and a non-fragmented community playing it as opposed to four mediocre remakes.

This one - Bungie said it's ingame graphic on the original Xbox on the reveal but later admitted that wasnt the truth. I think even Halo 4 didnt quite look as good as this old trailer

I believe it was in-engine, just rendered on a dev PC instead of a retail Xbox, right? The room from that trailer is still accessible in game and actually has realtime lighting in it. It's pretty neat.

I'm gonna be really disappointed if they're just shipping Halo 2 Anniversary this fall. Unless they completely revamped the campaign, which I thought sucked.

I'd be very interested in a Halo 1-4 collection though. That I'd buy day one.

Will the game have an ending this time?

ntkrnl the leaker said he heard it had a new ending.

Also a user (now banned) called cheddar exchanged some PM's with ntkrnl. See below

Cheddar said:
The other one is what do you mean by "WITH TONS OF SHIT" in your first post mentioning Halo 2A? Are you saying they added a bunch of stuff? Reworked campaign? Just a clarification question. Thanks.

ntkrnl said:
Definitely 1080p. 60 FPS is... possible. Unlikely to happen though.

Second, yes. Bunch of stuff... I will reveal eventually.

Which some have taken to mean it will/may include the Halo 2 E3 demo earth content

Pathos

Banned
A remake isn't, Halo is no exception. H2A will sell very well to the Halo core, who either already have an X1 or were bound to purchase one anyways. The Mainstream will see it as that game I played 10 years ago.

People are letting nostalgia get in the way of logic here. The Halo 5 delay is going to sting.
What delay?

LNBL

What delay? And second, what makes you say only the halo core will be excited for the h2A. Have

VASPER

Banned
This would make my day, year, life. The amount of time i spent play this dame game was crazy. i logged 100,000 games so good.

Top Bottom