• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom lied again: Dimps making SF4

Spiderjericho said:
How is Capcom outsourcing SF4 any different than Square/Enix outsourcing Dragon Quest 8 and 9 (wasn't 8 heralded as a great game)?

Because Level 5 are actually a really great team, DQ games have always been outsourced for its programming and the main DQ team were on board for the design of the game just as they have been for all the previous entries in the franchise?

Oh and Game Arts co developed SSBB with HAL, they didn't make it from scratch FYI.

QCF Punch

Neo Member
The-Switcher said:
"What can men do against such reckless hate?"
rings3.jpg

Anyway, new boss screens!

sdiwoy.jpg

24lsd2t.jpg

f1mfd4.jpg

rt0r3k.jpg

These are some pretty boss screens. Hey Switcher, let's be buds...you play any 3S on live?

On topic:...nothing really needs to be said about this other than who cares? I mean if you think about it, it's not like Capcom US gave SF IV to Capcom Japan and the Japan devs went to Dimps and were like, "Hey, make SF IV for us." As someone said earlier in the thread, it's very clear that it's Ono's vision. All of the archives of data, character charts, etc are at Capcom not at Dimps. Also, with Ikeno doing the art design, it's obvious that only a part, not all, of the game was outsourced to them.

All that being said...still can't wait and just excited as i was before i read this.

kazuo said:

what a horrible fucking post you got here

Geek said:
I don't know their exact wording, but given the unnecessary overreaction of the community to revelations that publishers are farming out development--in Capcom's case on SFIV, Dead Rising 2, Bionic Commando, et al--I wouldn't be surprised if they carefully noted that the game was being "produced" in house. Ironically enough, it seems that the visual design, something that's more likely to be done internally at Capcom is what people seem to be the most sore about. Gameplay-wise, as Jared already wrote, it plays fantastic for someone at his skill level *and* mine.

dead rising 2 confirmed? :O

Lobster

Banned
Only on GAF does a game go from looking amazing to a piece of shit because of an involved developer.

Nobodies even saying anything about the gameplay..Its all about the looks now and they are now ugly.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Lobster said:
Only on GAF does a game go from looking amazing to a piece of shit because of an involved developer.

Nobodies even saying anything about the gameplay..Its all about the looks now and they are now ugly.
2dvpe6x.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The new screens look nice btw, Im not feeling Sagat very much, he could do with more detail I think (his scar particularly) but Im sure hell improve as dev time comes along, but Balrog (boxer) looks AMAZING, best out of the 4 kings so far.

Top Bottom