• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
People who like hip hop also don't seem to like it.

They're all wrong tho

image.php

Trickster

Abigail's hitbox is such a fucking mess. Dude's literally landing on one side, then teleporting to the other. And not because of lag

JusDoIt

Unless you just really hate hip hop, it's not bad at all. It's simple and fun, just like Ed.

You mean unless you really love hip hop? Ed's theme is wack and out of touch, and even in the early 2000s when that style was in vogue it would have still been clowned because it's just not dope.

TheOGB

Banned
Ed's and Abbie's themes are pretty weak stuff for their respective genres, but they're really not flat out terrible either.

JusDoIt

Ed's and Abbie's themes are pretty weak stuff for their respective genres, but they're really not flat out terrible either.

Ed's is flat out terrible.

They're fresher than Juri, or cammys theme

Well, not Abigail's that shit is pretty bad and generic

Juri's theme is a bad character theme, but it's too unintrusive to be worse than Ed or Abby's. It's just whatever. The other two make me reach for the mute button.

TheOGB

Banned
Laura's theme... has a weirdly "stiff" beat. Makes it sound awkward instead of fun. I expected Laura's theme to sound something more like Poison's USF4 theme, a little more loose and funky. It also doesn't have a strong melody.

Juri's theme is like an interesting idea executed poorly. I feel like a dnb mix would have worked better lol

kikiribu

You mean unless you really love hip hop? Ed's theme is wack and out of touch, and even in the early 2000s when that style was in vogue it would have still been clowned because it's just not dope.
So watch me break out of this cage
I fight now I want change

Is still more unique and meaningful than

I just want some ice on my wrist so I look better when I dance

Ed's theme making today's standards look like poop. Capcom wins again.

Abigails theme is way worse than Eds.
It's a death metal song about cars breathing fire. What's there to hate? Fits him perfectly. His cars are dragons.

The shittiest tracks in SFV are the ones that have nothing going for them, like Mika's, or Ibuki's, or Birdie's. I don't even know how to describe them other than forgettable.

MechaX

I mean, personally the only theme I can even remember all that well in the game is Rashid's, because his theme is Godlike.

I have almost 300 matches mostly as Cammy under my belt and I still couldn't hum her theme even if my life depended on it.

... man, 300 matches and 4 months playing on and off mostly consisting of getting bopped in Bronze/Super Bronze... I should have just started with Rashid out the gate man.

JusDoIt

So watch me break out of this cage
I fight now I want change

There is nothing clever or meaningful about that couplet. It's just generic angst with a Ecko T-Shirt rhyme scheme. You can't say that blows away today's rap standards when Kendrick Lamar is all over the charts.

Ed's theme is great because it directly correlates to his struggles with Bison, his low life expentancy, and his IDGAF attitude while making the best of his short span. It's cheesy but that's SF. And it's no worse or better than the LET'S GET IT ON NOW FIVE FOUR THREE TWO ONE lyrically. It's video game music - comparing it to standardize rap loses the context imo.

For the record, Mika and Birdie's themes are pretty much their remixed tracks from previous games. Mika's is more bombastic and BIrdie's sounds like a slothy, lazy version. Both of which work well.

There is nothing clever or meaningful about that couplet. It's just generic angst with a Ecko T-Shirt rhyme scheme. You can't say that blows away today's rap standards when Kendrick Lamar is all over the charts.

While I agree that it's not toppling today's rap anytime soon, it's the opposite of angst - the whole point of the song is him deciding on living his own life and doing what he wants even with Bison's legacy attached to him.

kikiribu

It was mostly a joke post but you're still missing the point that Ed's theme is meant for simple fun, not to be a chart topper. Context. It's a game with anime humor.

JusDoIt

It was mostly a joke post but you're still missing the point that Ed's theme is meant for simple fun, not to be a chart topper. Context. It's a game with anime humor.

3S was a game with anime humor that had decent rap music. No excuse in 2017 for weak rhymes.

Teh Lurv

Match-making seems a little wonky. I got paired up with the same two guys within 15 minutes. I can't believe SFV is that dead tonight.

Yo yo
Prepare for the battle, prepare for the war
Prepare for the real Street Fighter blood war
The third of the third, prepare to die for
Your life's on the line so I'ma take yours
So who wanna blood dance with me?
Get your body wrapped up or are you in a street fantasy
In the square yo you best to beware
Street Fighter we ain't playin over there
One on one kid you know you get finished
Round one Round two, so come and get with it
Your heart ain't close so forget about the power