• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

//DEVIL//

Inhave a question i would like to ask. Does the switch fan increase in speed when playing dock mode ? I was done playing around 1 hour session zelda and when i turned off my tv and picked up the switch from the dock, i was able to hear the fan . Its not very annoyingly loud but i can see it disturbing the sound volume while playing jn handheld mode

PikkonX

Inhave a question i would like to ask. Does the switch fan increase in speed when playing dock mode ? I was done playing around 1 hour session zelda and when i turned off my tv and picked up the switch from the dock, i was able to hear the fan . Its not very annoyingly loud but i can see it disturbing the sound volume while playing jn handheld mode

It does, due to the increased GPU speeds. It remains slightly audible for a good minute or so after removing from the dock before returning to normal.

Protome

The testfire never used friend matching on the Wii U either, because it served as a global server stress test.

Were there Testfires after launch for Splatoon Wii U? Otherwise wouldn't the reason be more that Splatoon didn't launch with friend matching?

I guess I can see that as a reason though, even though matching with friends doesn't really reduce the load of a stress test unless it's a private match.

Were there Testfires after launch for Splatoon Wii U? Otherwise wouldn't the reason be more that Splatoon didn't launch with friend matching?

I guess I can see that as a reason though, even though matching with friends doesn't really reduce the load of a stress test unless it's a private match.

There was testfire last year - not sure about any others post-launch.

TheWraith

Have you tried to restart? Try bringing up the quick menu and use touch input to force a system reboot. If that doesn't work, the battery solution would be my next try.

I've had the same thing happen twice. Just hold down the power button until the system switches off completely, then restart.

Ugh, took my amfilm glass screen protector off because it had dirt under it. When I put it back on the corner wouldn't stick. Sigh. Ordered another set, but......I don't travel much, I don't dock it at all, and if it's not in my hands it's in the case. What do you guys think? Considering all that, do I REALLY need a screen protector? How many here use one?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I have a problem: I was playing Zelda in handeld mode, and all of a sudden I couldn't leave the game. Couldn't go to sleep mode or the home menu. Holding those buttons did bring up the power menu (where you can turn off the console) but I was still controlling the game in the background, not the actual menu. After that I coouldn't bring up the menu again.

So now I have Zelda running with no way of getting out. Anyone had this problem before? I'm trying to let the battery run out right now, to see if it can reset the console. I really hope I can fix this in time for the Splatoon testfire.

Did you start playing Zelda 10 days ago? Tons of us have had this exact thing happen exactly once, and it seems to be related to crossing the 10-day border (which is when your profile switches from showing "First played X days ago" to "Played for X hours or more"). Anyway, holding the power button for like 10 seconds does a hard shutdown. That's what I had to do, nothing else worked.

Charamiwa

Banned
Did you start playing Zelda 10 days ago? Tons of us have had this exact thing happen exactly once, and it seems to be related to crossing the 10-day border (which is when your profile switches from showing "First played X days ago" to "Played for X hours or more"). Anyway, holding the power button for like 10 seconds does a hard shutdown. That's what I had to do, nothing else worked.

Wow, ten seconds worked. Thanks!

But no, I started playing it on March 3rd, and it switched to "Played for" 10 days ago.

I've had the Switch lock up a few times already trying to access a link from the news section. Never in game. Always have to hold the power button for 10 seconds.

-MB-

For some reason my Switch won't connect to the eshop anymore. Getting a 2811-1006 error code

EDIT: just saw the post about the full restart too late, did that and issue fixed, connects fine now.

Ursn

Dropped my switch from my bed to the tile and it hit the left joycon. The L button is stuck now and its lock isn't as strong anymore like that one stupid video. Now I need to find a new one. Don't let this happen to you!

Definitely. They need to clarify their app plans too. If they're actually restricting things like voice chat and messaging to the app then that ensures I won't be paying for their online service.

I wonder if the app will be available for root user on Android, seeing what they did with Super Mario Run....

Ugh, took my amfilm glass screen protector off because it had dirt under it. When I put it back on the corner wouldn't stick. Sigh. Ordered another set, but......I don't travel much, I don't dock it at all, and if it's not in my hands it's in the case. What do you guys think? Considering all that, do I REALLY need a screen protector? How many here use one?

Anyone?

Laws00

is 1-2-Switch a good?

Going to go to toys r us or target which ever one will price match games on amazon for games

Lucifon

For some reason my Switch won't connect to the eshop anymore. Getting a 2811-1006 error code

EDIT: just saw the post about the full restart too late, did that and issue fixed, connects fine now.

Someone should probably make a PSA about this. Seems to be happening to a lot of people, guessing they made some server change.

Hari Seldon

This has probably been asked a million times in this huge thread, but I just got my Switch. What is a good screen protector to get?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This has probably been asked a million times in this huge thread, but I just got my Switch. What is a good screen protector to get?

amFilm

dZ6nlOFl.jpg

F34R

I have the basic screen protector on now, and have the amFilm as a backup just in case. I haven't had any issue with the basic one thus far.

Experien

What exactly is remastered about it?

Is it remastered like TLOU was remastered for PS4? Meaning - are there actual graphical improvements?

Also has "driver assist" which helps people stay on roads which is great for new players or non-gamers to not be frustrated with not doing as well.

is 1-2-Switch a good?

Going to go to toys r us or target which ever one will price match games on amazon for games

No. Its 5 somewhat interesting mini games and tech demos followed by miles of filler. 5/10 maybe 6/10 game.

Maybe a good game for drinking parties? Its dumb and way overpriced.

ZZMitch

Hey folks,

I am looking to connect my Switch by Ethernet so I can have better connection for online games. Wifi is bad where my Switch is and I already have an Ethernet cable in the area for my laptop. What is the best option for doing that? Some sort of USB to Ethernet adaptor or something?

Hey folks,

I am looking to connect my Switch by Ethernet so I can have better connection for online games. Wifi is bad where my Switch is and I already have an Ethernet cable in the area for my laptop. What is the best option for doing that? Some sort of USB to Ethernet adaptor or something?
There is an official usb to ethernet adaptor but I'm not sure if something like the Wii version would work or not if you have one or find it cheaper somewhere.

Zedark

Hey folks,

I recommend watching this video by Spawn Wave, it reviews three different ethernet adapters with speed tests.

Experien

No. Its 5 somewhat interesting mini games and tech demos followed by miles of filler. 5/10 maybe 6/10 game.

Maybe a good game for drinking parties? Its dumb and way overpriced.

That is exactly why I want it. And usually the parties I bust out games for are with people who aren't gamers so this should be up their alley.

I admit, I don't want to spend full price on the game but I would prefer it digital. So I might use credit/reward points for eShop points for it.

Ursn

Ordered new joy-cons for pickup at Walmart. I wanted a pair of red or blue but since those are unavailable I got grey.

Majine

Banned
Brought 1-2 Switch into the office, and it was a riot.

I know the game isn't critically well recieved, but there is something to a bunch of silly minigames that brings people together.

Trojan

Heading home from a work trip and have my new Switch waiting for me when I get home 😎 Only problem is that I haven't been able to get a copy of Zelda yet!

Should I just download it at this point, or are stores getting more stock and it might be worth finding a retail copy? Don't have a preference either way, just would rather not have to spend hours hunting down a copy.

Heading home from a work trip and have my new Switch waiting for me when I get home 😎 Only problem is that I haven't been able to get a copy of Zelda yet!

Should I just download it at this point, or are stores getting more stock and it might be worth finding a retail copy? Don't have a preference either way, just would rather not have to spend hours hunting down a copy.

Honestly, I'd say just do the download and save yourself the trouble. I went with a physical copy because I was able to get the Master Edition. Otherwise I would have absolutely gone digital.

Trojan

Honestly, I'd say just do the download and save yourself the trouble. I went with a physical copy because I was able to get the Master Edition. Otherwise I would have absolutely gone digital.

Thanks, I was leaning that way. There's nothing else I'll be playing over the next month so I'm not too concerned about spending most of my storage on that title.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the Red/Blue unit was launch only and that the only way to get Red/Blue going forward will be to buy the Joy-Con set individually.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Brought the switch into work for the first time to try Zelda for the commute home. Now I'm going to be late home due to workload and my daughter will be posse that she couldn't play splatoon

mcfly1955

Neo Member
Hey all,

Grabbed a switch at Target this morning...Currently at work thinking about how I'm going to set this thing up in my space.

I have a TV stand with 2 open spaces in the center, currently occupied by an Xbox One and a PS4...These open slots are roughly 5" tall.

On either side of those center open slots there are cabinet doors that open to reveal storage, roughly 3 feet tall and split into 2 shelves on each side.

One of these is completely unused, and I'm contemplating drilling a hole in the back to feed wires and provide ventilation.

Can the Switch be placed inside of a closed cabinet and be fine connection-wife (wifi, joycons, etc.). My wireless router is on top of the stand behind my flatscreen,, and the entire TV stand, etc is roughly 8-10' from the couch.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom