• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's "Dark Days"/"Dark Knights: Metal"event SPOILER thread

Meet the leader of the Dark Knights who seems to be a combination of Joker and a perversion of the Batman and Robin bond.
Metal_Batman-who-Laughs_Fabk_CVR_450%5B2%5D_599b6d7bd4da42.63811758.jpg

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Really liked what I've read so far. Feels like an event for DCU nerds, so I'm there.

I'm seeing a big link with Multiversity :
in the last issue, the Empty Hand dude says he has already "gentrified" another Multiverse he calls Multiverse-2, the Dark Multiverse could be it.

Really liked what I've read so far. Feels like an event for DCU nerds, so I'm there.

in the last issue, the Empty Hand dude says he has already "gentrified" another Multiverse he calls Multiverse-2, the Dark Multiverse could be it.

That'd be pretty interesting...then Snyder can riff on the fourth-wall breaking stuff from that, combining it with the more traditional superheroics/event stuff from the rest of Metal. Now you remind me of the Empty Hand, it makes me wonder if any part of Geoff Johns' plans for the Rebirth story involve some sort of relationship between the Empty Hand and Dr Manhattan.

I'm gonna trade wait I think. If I hear good things once its over I'll give it another shot but I've been kinda baffled by this whole thing so far.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah, especially with today's issue of The Casting, it seems that stuff from Final Crisis/Morrison's Batman run is coming back.

OH SHIT. Sounds like my shit. I gotta catch up on this.

I feel a little confused by the run so far. I am no means a DC expert, but I've read a fair share of events and runs. Is there anything else I should read besides the two prelude issues and the main series?

Siegcram

Suddenly I'm interested.

NeonZ

I don't think it'll be directly connected to that. I was pleasantly surprised that the tribes and ancient demon were actually references to Return of Bruce Wayne and Barbatos as the hyper adapter, not just similar ideas, but this Dark Multiverse does seem to be just a similar concept to the gentrified Multiverse-2.

In Metal, Barry claims to know about the multiverse and know for sure that there are only 52 worlds and nothing beyond that, which seems to be odd in several ways. The current version of Barry hasn't done much multiversal stuff, and if he had, he should know about the Justice Incarnate, who were told about Multiverse-2 by the Empty Hand in Multiversity #2.

WarRock

Well, yeah, but at the end of the last book Carter straight up says the Waynes come from the Birds and I am so very confused.

night814

Yep, the Batman RIP / Superman Beyond / Final Crisis trilogy is one of my favorite things in superhero comics.

I don't want Legion of 3 worlds to be forgotten in all this. That was some amazing stuff.

This all sounds great and really makes me want to start reading again.

Mistouze

I don't want Legion of 3 worlds to be forgotten in all this. That was some amazing stuff.

This all sounds great and really makes me want to start reading again.
Oh yeah, the Legion tie-in was dope. Btw what's the current status of the Legion in the DCU? I don't remember them appearing in Nu52.

And btw the other tie-in mini-series to Final Crisis, Rogue's Revenge, was pretty dope too.

Oh yeah, the Legion tie-in was dope. Btw what's the current status of the Legion in the DCU? I don't remember them appearing in Nu52.

And btw the other tie-in mini-series to Final Crisis, Rogue's Revenge, was pretty dope too.

Pending Reintegration. A Legion character has had a cameo and it's pretty heavily implied that like the JSA their exiled from continuity status is now in universe too. I'm half expecting the Legion to spin out of Doomsday Clock given their association with Superboy.

Mistouze

Pending Reintegration. A Legion character has had a cameo and it's pretty heavily implied that like the JSA their exiled from continuity status is now in universe too. I'm half expecting the Legion to spin out of Doomsday Clock given their association with Superboy.
Ah cool, it's been too long I haven't had the reason to type "Long Live the Legion" here. Hope they do something cool and new with these characters, at Young Animal maybe?

night814

That's my favorite part about the Legion, their history with Superboy. Which member has appeared?

That's my favorite part about the Legion, their history with Superboy. Which member has appeared?

Saturn Girl. She appeared in the Rebirth special and has shown up in Arkham in Batman.

Emerald Enchantress has also appeared in Justice League vs Suicide Squad and Supergirl and seems to have something to do with the Legion too.

This event is crazy and I'm really enjoying it. I also love the Batman who laughs design, especially when you add his messed up robins to the mix.

Hearing Snyder talk about the evil Batmen, I get the impression that he was only involved in the creation of one or two who have an impact on the story being told, and the others are peripheral and there because they had to be.

Ross61

Hearing Snyder talk about the evil Batmen, I get the impression that he was only involved in the creation of one or two who have an impact on the story being told, and the others are peripheral and there because they had to be.
I don't get that impression at all the way he talks about them on Twitter.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Liking this event so far. Not loving it but at least it doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously. And Justice League vs BatFamily in Metal #2 was pretty awesome, have to admit that.

Mistouze

Liking this event so far. Not loving it but at least it doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously. And Justice League vs BatFamily in Metal #2 was pretty awesome, have to admit that.
Damian going "I'm already winning, lady" was awesome lol

Kurdel

Banned
So that Red Death one shot was, like, so fucking good. End of the earth, Batman wants to steal the Speed Force so he can stop it all, Barry just wants to be BFFs.

I will put spoiler in a spoiler thread, just because this is so good you should just buy it.

After this page,
they combine into one being lead by Batman, but Barry Allen’s consciousness is still aware, and is a permanent witness to the horror. This evil speedster Batman can’t hear Flash’s pleas, although in a panel Barry seems to break through and get his attention.

Some real dark shit, this whole event is so good.

Top Bottom