• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List 5 things you would like to own, but probably won’t anytime soon.

TaterTots

Banned
A house with a few acres of land to keep some distance. Be able to work from home. I know you said 5 things, but that's really all I'd want.

Izuna

Banned
Coffeelake GTX1080 laptop
XRite Display Pro
Mitsubishi Lance Evolution VIII MR
Wardrobe of Decent Clothes
Sonic toothbrush

I would like to own one of these
tyrannosaurus-rex_dynamic_lead_slide.jpg

1) House
2) Gaming PC
3) The entire series for some board games like marvel legendary, arkham horror lcg, and smash up
4) 4K tv/player with ps4pro or xb1x
5) sega saturn with panzer dragoon saga and the other saturn exclusive classics

Not in any order of when I'll get them

GamerJM

Banned
1. A house
2. Detox (Dre album)
3. Panzer Dragoon Saga
4. The original Star Wars trilogy, unaltered with no SE changes, on Blu-Ray
5. A sex toy

1. A 4K TV with a nice soundbar
2. A 4K Blu-Ray player
3. A Sony A7 II camera with lenses
4. A Fuji X100F camera
5. A Nintendo Switch

Although Number 5 might not be too far away hopefully.

1. A private jet or super yacht
2. A holiday house by the ocean
3. An ache free fully flexible backbone
4. Silence (tinnitus)
5. An 18 year old libido

Getting old sucks. Decisions start to be made for you by entropy.

Regiruler

1. House of the Dead cabinet
2. Oculus Rift
3. 32 x 9 monitor
4. Kid Icarus Uprising Soundtrack
5. Diablosis the Mind Hacker

Fuck I don't know. None of these things I want all that much (except for 4), I'm more excited for video games that I can already afford.
1. A 4K TV with a nice soundbar
2. A 4K Blu-Ray player
3. A Sony A7 II camera with lenses
4. A Fuji X100F camera
5. A Nintendo Switch

Although Number 5 might not be too far away hopefully.
I'm pretty sure the splatoon 2 bundle comes in stock quite often.

1. Stem Cell therapy for my destroyed left hip.

2. A cabin in the mountains.

3. A hot tub.

4. A stone pizza oven.

5. A big, comfortable, futon bed.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
1. A house
2. A high end gaming PC
3. A sexbot (not a shitty modern one but a future one)
4. A shotgun
5. That big stuffed shark toy that IKEA used to make

EDIT: Holy shit they're selling the shark again, I'm getting me one of those when I get paid! I guess another gun then for 5.

A house
A house
A house
A house
A house

I live in Orange county CA. It's going to be a long time before I can afford to buy a decent house in a good area.

Jombie

A nicer home
A man / nerd cave
Nintendo Switch
4K movie player
Trip to Europe

1, 2, and 5 will probably never happen. I'll work until I'm dead, with nothing to show for it.

Is this meant to be realistic things that could happen someday?

Just this then:

1. PP 5711 Blue

If we are getting into crazy things that will probably never happen:

1. PP 5208P

You're telling me that if you could have anything, ANYTHING, you'd want a new watch?

You and I could not be more different buddy.

Peace of mind.

And I guess more trivial stuff like:
A large home I can have a sizable library in
An OLED 4K TV
Every dollar I earn (meaning no debt)
And...shit, idk. A lucrative portfolio? Lol

My own home.

A car that's actually model 2010 or newer. A brand new car would be even better.

The most recent DDR Machine.

A Neo Geo 6 slot MVS. I almost had a four slot a couple of years ago, but I was too slow on the contact and the listing hadn't been removed. :(

A complete Amiibo collection. This is something that actually is within my means, I'm just cheap and don't want to pay markup for the rarer ones I've missed.

Fou-Lu

A house - preferably of my own design, but just owning one would be amazing.
A new computer - mine is going on 6 or 7 years now and as a someone who likes to play games on their PC is getting a bit long in the tooth.
a TV that's better than 720p - It's just not a priority since I mostly play games on my PC or my Switch and my girlfriend thinks it is a frivolous purchase so I wouldn't be getting any help on that front.
A pet cat - Just doesn't seem fair to an animal until I am ble to settle in one place for longer than a year or two.
A perfect grade gunpla kit - I love building gunpla but I still can't justify the price tag on perfect grades to myself... yet.

A house
A house
A house
A house
A house

I live in Orange county CA. It's going to be a long time before I can afford to buy a decent house in a good area.

Do like I did. Buy outside of Orange country to build equity and then move there. I will be moving to North Tustin next year. I've lived in North Easter Ontario (close to the 15 and the 10) and Chino Hills so far.

- A Boat
- A 4K OLED TV
- Bowers and Wilkins speakers
- Lakers Season Tickets
- Dodgers Season Tickets

The boat is probably the first thing i'll get on that list, honestly. Won't get a TV until one of my current one's dies. Speakers I want, but will wait for a boat. I will never be wealthy enough to drop coin yearly for either Dodgers or Lakers season tickets.

1. Stem Cell therapy for my destroyed left hip.

2. A cabin in the mountains.

3. A hot tub.

4. A stone pizza oven.

5. A big, comfortable, futon bed.

My friend made his own brick and mortar wood pizza oven outside. It was rather inexpensive.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
1. A nice house with a half/acre lot. By the ocean.

2. A private helicopter. With a pilot.

3. A fantastic, cutting edge hospital that could provide reduced or free health care.

4. An awesome steakhouse. That's halal. AND kosher.

5. An Ivy league caliber University that could provide reduced or free education.

yyr

1. A 50" Deluxe Time Crisis 1 cabinet.
2. An In The Groove 2 cabinet.
3. A house that has room for the above two things.
4. A staff to maintain that house.
5. Enough money to pay for all of the above indefinitely.

And we're done.

The most recent DDR Machine.

Unfortunately, this is useless without a connection to Konami's e-Amusement network (it won't even boot unless it can connect). Konami only allows Japanese arcades--and, in North America, Round1 and Dave & Busters--to connect to it. Sadly, they won't even talk to private owners.

farmerboy

Purely materialistic (but realistic) things;

1. A 60s 70s muscle car
2. An oled tv
3. Renovate my house
4. Atmos sound setup to go with the oled
5. A PS5 ;-)

A house in the US
A house in England
The Boston Red Sox
A $10,000,000,000 piece of art
A bill of sale for full value for that piece of art

Ogodei

There isn't much i want that i don't have. A house, just because it isn't economical to buy a house until you get married (or are otherwise willing to settle down for at least a decade to make buying the house worth it), and i'm probably a good 3 years off from marriage and that's if i'm lucky and meet the right girl in the next year or so.

A cat, because i feel like you shouldn't get a cat if you have anything smaller than a two bedroom apartment. Poor thing would get bored (plus no semi-private space for kitty litter).

Maybe some retro game consoles, like a Saturn or a Dreamcast, but that's not an issue of money but rather that i barely have the time to play the games for the systems i already have.

AudioEppa

1. My moms dream home.
2. A Mac Pro for my mom.
3. Google fiber.
4. A private gym.
5. Successful stock with major companies.

shaowebb

1. An Akai E.W.I. (electronic wind instrument)- I play sax but this would let me sound like anything a keyboard could create
  2. Some kind of roadster. I dont care if its a 2 seater vette, or a ZX3 or what. I just dig these tiny things with no storage space. They just seem chill
  3. Electric motorcycle or a Quadro 4 motorcycle with the neat independent 4 wheel suspension. I dig these soooooooo much. Would love to get into riding them but both expensive and too hard to ride in icy/rainy/gravely/curvy mountain country where I live.
  4. Electronic Pinball table with full hyperspin setup. I love this stuff, but unlike the hyperspin arcade stuff its pricy. I doubt I could justify this at anytime.
  5. A physical copy of a game I made after it got published. I have a career now...I just never can focus on my own stuff. Im nearly 10 months or more of no movement after 3 years of effort.

Top Bottom