• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaero - How come no one is talking about this game?

danowat

Banned
I picked this up with my £10 PSN credit, wow, what a cracking little game, really slick production values, it's proper hard too, bit like a dubstep souls!

For those who don't know, it's a twin stick rhythm shooter, LS follows the track, RS shoots.

The level where you fly in and out of a giant worm is amazing.

£9.59 with PS+ discount at the moment on PSN

Story trailer

Launch trailer

bomblord1

Banned
It looks interesting at least not sure if it would be my cuppa tea though. Never been able to get into rythmn games.

danowat

Banned
Alright, forget the souls analogy, but some of the levels are granite hard.

As for dubstep, yeah, an acquired taste I guess, but it fits the style of game really well, if you can overlook that, it's a HECK of a lot of fun.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Bass Cannon Vinny and his friend Happy Hardcore.

We need to explore the Vinnyverse. It's full of wonders waiting to be discovered!

Footos22

It's ok. Not great. Also not that hard. Nothing like Souls difficulty even.

I got 15th on the first level on my first try lol. And 5 starred every level so far first try, it isn't hard at all. Is pretty fun though. Soundtrack is awesome.

The first level song is horrible though. Can't believe they used that as their trailer music.

Nasbin

Found this game on PSN randomly as well and it's become my surprise indie hit of the year. Fun and relaxing game that reminds me of quirky rhythm games like Res and Gitaroo Man, with some bonus Panzer Dragoon vibes mixed in.

I appreciate when a rhythm game's platinum doesn't make you want to take your hair out - Aaero has a fair level of difficulty without ever becoming preposterous. Game is chill.

The music is alright but the gameplay being based on like trying to be accurate with an analog stick going on the rails looks like something I wouldn't like.

SigSig

Yo, this looks really cool. They really should have just went with just the Gameplay Trailer, the Launch Trailer seems to really misrepresent the game.

cj_iwakura

The music is alright but the gameplay being based on like trying to be accurate with an analog stick going on the rails looks like something I wouldn't like.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. The analog controls are a nightmare to keep on track with, and it's trying too hard to be both Rez and on rails. It's not great at being either.

I give the OST props, though. Why couldn't Amplitude be this varied?

Footos22

No one really is talking about this.

Had an absurd blast getting the platinum. That was fairly easy. The difficulty is in reaching the top of the leaderboards. I'm top 10 on most levels and made no.1 on split the atom on advanced. But that's prob more due to lack of ppl owning this.

Fantastic game and you proper get into the zone.

danowat

Banned
No one really is talking about this.

Had an absurd blast getting the platinum. That was fairly easy. The difficulty is in reaching the top of the leaderboards. I'm top 10 on most levels and made no.1 on split the atom on advanced. But that's prob more due to lack of ppl owning this.

Fantastic game and you proper get into the zone.

I got to the top of one of the leaderboards, and I'm rubbish at it!!!

Schlomo

Only played 5 levels so far, but I like it a lot so far. Music selection also seems nice (don't worry, it's not all dubstep).

Z..

As for dubstep, yeah, an acquired taste I guess.

Actual dubstep is great and quite immediate. This is brostep, however... which is the opposite of acquired taste as it gets progressively worse and samey the more you listen to it.

Gameplay looks fun, though, wishlisted.

Schlomo

Is there some trick to actually beat the bosses? I haven't managed to defeat even one of them in the starting difficulty.

Top Bottom