• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Voidwolf

Sorry to go off topic but I was wondering is Shonen Jump like a publisher or something? I see that name related to Naruto and One Piece as well and always wondered.

Chase17

Sorry to go off topic but I was wondering is Shonen Jump like a publisher or something? I see that name related to Naruto and One Piece as well and always wondered.

Yeah, Weekly Shonen Jump is the magazine where My Hero Academia and several other series like One Piece (and formerly Naruto) run. It's published by Shueisha (or owned by anyways).

Yes, it is the publisher. Imagine if, instead of the individual series of western comics, with Superman, Batman, the Flash, etc, they were instead published all together in a single magazine, every week, called 'DC Comics'. That is Weekly Shonen Jump.

Meffer

Since some have already answered you, I suggest checking out Bakuman which is about making a shonen manga in Shonen Jump, which is a manga published by Shonen Jump.

caliph95

Like they have used the Dabi and Tomura fight for build up

Or subtly imply them facing danger at the mall

They even spoilers what the conversation is about with the stain line

The title should have been:

Encounter: An Interview With Midoriya

And the preview should have been the aftermath of the exams and the mall trip/Dabi and Toga, that's it, nothing more.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Wowowowowowow! Fucking botched! Who thought that was a good idea? Wjo thought they needed to build up hype for the end? Did they think no one would watch without a gotchya???

NSESN

man after that ep i am so hype for two years from now (i would estimate) when they finally do AFO v OFA

One year. I doubt they will skip the anime next year and the cam+rescue arcs would only nee just one cour so even if it isn't 25 spisodes again we are safe.

I liked Dabi's VA.

We really need more Dabi, too much Toga and Twice nowadays.
And we need a Dabi-led mutiny because Shigaraki is useless.

Meffer

tumblr_owuzihnhCL1rnak98o2_540.png

caliph95

Just read the vigilante

Googled but you know how only 7 people were recognized as heroes in Rhode Island

I'm not sure if it's intentional but Justice League apparently started in Rhode Island and had 7 original members

Just read the vigilante

Googled but you know how only 7 people were recognized as heroes in Rhode Island

I'm not sure if it's intentional but Justice League apparently started in Rhode Island and had 7 original members

I would be absolutely floored if that was a coincidence.

Meffer

Someone pointed this out and I thought it was very clever and rather heartbreaking.
tumblr_inline_owwxqzVW281rqn1mk_540.jpg

Eri’s body is covering all of the 0s of the 1000000 in his costume, which is supposed to represent his intention of being a hero who would save millions of people. The only number that’s clearly visible is the 1.

Mirio wanted to save millions, but in the end he was only able to save one.

Someone pointed this out and I thought it was very clever and rather heartbreaking.

Eri’s body is covering all of the 0s of the 1000000 in his costume, which is supposed to represent his intention of being a hero who would save millions of people. The only number that’s clearly visible is the 1.

...shit. Damn you Horikoshi.

Philippo

Fuck.

I dont know, you really think he has done nothing to save anyone else out of all his time at being at school? Id be honestly shocked if he was part of the big 3 and this was the only thing he accomplished.

D_psipher

I think saving that Eri could possibly have saved millions. If this act stops the quirk drug from being more circulated then Miro would have saved millions by sacrificing himself.

Chase17

What if Mirio still thinks that the quirk destroying bullets are only temporary lol.

I can't remember if he would have heard that it is permanent now. Though Chisaki trolled him a bit.

What if Mirio still thinks that the quirk destroying bullets are only temporary lol.

I can't remember if he would have heard that it is permanent now. Though Chisaki trolled him a bit.

...I can't remember either, so if it hadn't come up, can you just imagine Mirio happily saying to the others it was okay since he'd just get better after a few days, just like Suneater.

And then the awkward silence.

FlowersisBritish

Honestly, Mirio is like the only good thing in this arc for me (besides Toga of course), and all this talk about it only proves the point. He was too pure for this world ;_;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mirio Hero Academia

I hope he stays in Yuhei but he loses his standing as one of the Big 3 but perseveres as a quirkless hero anyway.

The hero Deku should've been.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
While I was banned, no chapters came out. I'm not saying it was because I was banned, but tide goes in tide goes out, you can't explain that.

FlowersisBritish

Rappa's good though, and so was that fight before the obnoxious flashback.

I actually think Rappa is the most overratted character I've seen in awhile. I dont get why people like him. He's a battle crazy guy with the most boring quirk imaginable, he punches real good. Good for him I guess?

Id rather have a proper fight with guy who made his opponents drunk.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The better of the two fantranslators just announced that they will not be translating My Hero Academia anymore in favor of translating the side material that still hasn't been translated.

Welcome back honey. Just back since last week too. We have to watch out.
Thanks lol

klaushm

Damn. Seeing that discussion on the Season 2 topic about J-Deku(Japanese) been suicidal, and E-Deku(English) been a better one because he looks inspiring; is nonsense.

Deku was broken at the beginning. He was bullied, told to kill himself by his "friend" and have no quirk. Nothing to have him build any confidence. Even if someone have a non-hero-fitting quirk, it would be better then what Midorya have.

He looked at heroes as gods whom he couldn't get closer, and even more at All Mighty. He was delusional. He wanted to become a hero, or something closer to it. And he never showed confidence in himself earlier, and he shouldn't. Even All Mighty saw him as a fanboy, until he showed his inner hero. That was the definitive moment. That is who Midorya is. Someone that have the spirit of a hero, but is beginning. Someone that is a level 1 while the rest is level 50. Someone that is growing from the scratch to become the greatest hero.

Now, with Lemillion going down, he will have another wall to come across. Lemillion was not only some senior he admired. He someone whom Midorya thought was best fitting to have OFA. Someone that trained to become a hero with a difficult quirk and became one. A powerful one.

When someone talks about Midorya been a generic character, only a cry baby, or a character without depth; it really pisses me off.

PS: I know he cries a lot, but he also cry while smiling at the face of fear.
Edit: Sorry for any/many mistakes. English is not my first language.

Top Bottom