• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 - First screens & info

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
i'm not sure what the fuck Complete Dribbling means but i assume they are pulling that stuff from FIFA street. Or perhaps making it so that you don't always have to move forward in some direction when you dribble which would be really really nice if you can't transition in and out of it like a demigod.

I don't know what to think about the first touch stuff too. Trapping is already complete nonsensical crap. Making it harder seems counterproductive. What I need is more control over how i'm going to trap balls THEN you can go ahead and up the difficulty. I'm tired of chest trapping to run with it when all i'm trying to do is pull the ball down to a halt.

Fur_Q

rubber banding
rubber banding
rubber banding
rubber banding
rubber banding
rubber banding

It's fucking embarrassing how bad it is. Seriously, fix it.

So I'm not the only one, fuck - I thought it was me being paranoid or being shit at the game even though I could never understand how they just suddenly turned into a god tier team.

So I'm not the only one, fuck - I thought it was me being paranoid or being shit at the game even though I could never understand how they just suddenly turned into a god tier team.

I don't think it can be considered rubber banding, but yeah, it's insane, every once in a while a magical switch will flip and you just know you gonna suffer a goal no matter what you do, even if the ball is still in their half.

adelante

because the stats should mean something. At the moment they don't!

yes a good player can do well with Bolton but they shouldn't be able to pass the ball around so easily and accurately as they do at the moment.

Even vs the CPU on World class and above the game becomes silly as all the CPU teams pass the ball with ease with very little mistakes.

This is where sliders come in imo... I'd recommend trying these set of settings and applying a few tweaks of your own as they've drastically improved my game experience (restarted my CM with Nott. Forrest on World Class at the moment, not sure how these sliders wld affect gameplay with major league clubs)

Messi

Well, to be fair there's only 2 teams in La Liga :p. 3 if you count Valencia.

Would be true if Bilbao were not playing against Athletico Madrid in the EL final. Also Bilbao have been incredible in the cups this season.

:p

Menelaus

Banned
These updates sound fucking terrible. 12 isn't fun to play due to the shit defending system and the awful rubberbanding, and now they're going to ruin the other side of the ball as well.

Fantastic.

I'll be playing 11 until my xbox dies.

But that isn't what he is arguing. A player shouldn't be able to play like Barcelona if he is playing as Bolton because Bolton doesn't have the personnel to play like Barcelona. He should utilize the strengths of Bolton to beat his opponent. And Bolton is worse than Barcelona, so if someone is playing as Bolton, it should be a slightly uphill battle to beat Real Madrid, or Tottenham, or really any team in the top divisions based on their season.

Let me make an appropriate analogy for you here. No disrespect to Owen Coyle here, but imagine Bolton get a very good manager, who has the ability to transform that team into world beaters. Is it likely? Fuck no. But is it possible? Absolutely. That's the beauty of football. Of course stats shouldn't be scrapped, but over-reliance on stats is a bad bad thing.

Menelaus

Banned
Someone is afraid of change :)

I have never wanted to throw my controller through my FIFATRON more than while playing 12. It's frustrating, exhausting, and completely depressing. I can't imagine offense playing like tactical defending, i.e. some good ideas poorly implemented.

Let me make an appropriate analogy for you here. No disrespect to Owen Coyle here, but imagine Bolton get a very good manager, who has the ability to transform that team into world beaters. Is it likely? Fuck no. But is it possible? Of course it is. That's the beauty of football. Of course stats shouldn't be scrapped, but over-reliance on stats is a bad bad thing.

I'm sorry but without changing the personnel it wouldn't be possible. You play to your strengths as a team. Let's look at Stoke, they had a gameplan on how to play, and went out and got the players to do that. Peter Crouch was the perfect striker for them because they thrive on set pieces and crossing the ball. They're players don't have the technical ability to play like Barcelona. They just don't, mostly because they are English and the Youth Systems focus on speed and conditioning, and not the finesse areas of the game.

Braga played FC Porto in the final last season, how is the Portuguese league in FIFA 12?
Pretty good actually.

Let me make an appropriate analogy for you here. No disrespect to Owen Coyle here, but imagine Bolton get a very good manager, who has the ability to transform that team into world beaters. Is it likely? Fuck no. But is it possible? Absolutely. That's the beauty of football. Of course stats shouldn't be scrapped, but over-reliance on stats is a bad bad thing.

not possible unless he buys players with better technique!

I am not saying it should be totally on stats but at the moment the stats have a very minimal effect.

For the game to become more realistic EA has to improve this.

Plus EA need to improve that tactical side of things, it is still pretty basic!

From a stats perspective? Eh, well the three big clubs have decent stats, I don't remember the others. From a likeness perspective, it's ridiculous.

That's what I meant.

not possible unless he buys players with better technique!

I am not saying it should be totally on stats but at the moment the stats have a very minimal effect.

For the game to become more realistic EA has to improve this.

Yes.

Menelaus

Banned
Yeah I meant implementing this in the game proper. I like good looking grass.

Won't happen on this gen. Default camera is too far out to notice at current resolutions, and the impact of rendering a 50 yard wide swath of turf would cripple the current gen.

Portugeezer

From a stats perspective? Eh, well the three big clubs have decent stats, I don't remember the others. From a likeness perspective, it's ridiculous.

TBH that's all I care about when playing as Porto, I want them to have good stats.

I play PES and Falcao on PES11 looked like some generic player, I think they may have fixed it after last season + moving to Atletico.

I'm sorry but without changing the personnel it wouldn't be possible. You play to your strengths as a team. Let's look at Stoke, they had a gameplan on how to play, and went out and got the players to do that. Peter Crouch was the perfect striker for them because they thrive on set pieces and crossing the ball. They're players don't have the technical ability to play like Barcelona. They just don't, mostly because they are English and the Youth Systems focus on speed and conditioning, and not the finesse areas of the game.

But it is entirely possible. Nothing's impossible in the world of football. Why can't I enforce my own creative input on how I want to play football? I don't want to play the long ball game with Stoke, because that's just not me. I should be able to play however I want with whoever I want. I'm not saying it should be as easy to play attractive football with Stoke compared to Barcelona, but don't make it harder than it already is.

rvy

Banned
TBH that's all I care about when playing as Porto, I want them to have good stats.

I play PES and Falcao on PES11 looked like some generic player, I think they may have fixed it after last season + moving to Atletico.

But PES is a whole different beat, the editing tools are good enough and you can even import photos for the faces.
FIFA is just shitty when it comes to that. Unless you're some big European club, or play in the EPL, chances are your team is not going to feature more than 1 or 2 players with proper likeness.

But it is entirely possible. Nothing's impossible in the world of football. Why can't I enforce my own creative input on how I want to play football? I don't want to play the long ball game with Stoke, because that's just not me. I should be able to play however I want with whoever I want. I'm not saying it should be as easy to play attractive football with Stoke compared to Barcelona, but don't make it harder than it already is.

If you don't want to play the longball, then don't play as Stoke. If you want to play possession football with Stoke, you can play it with Stoke, but it isn't going to be easy, and is shouldn't be because they don't have the players to play technical 'pretty' football.

With the way you want it, they may as well remove stats all together. I'm not sure you understand how football works.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Most important to me is that Benoit Assou-Ekotto gets a stat boost. 79 is a joke.

nobody is stopping you trying to play attractive football with stoke. It just shouldn't be as easy as it is at the moment.

Wouldn't it be great if you as stoke played me as Bolton and the game had bad first touches, inaccurate passes etc just like you see on TV instead of it appearing like Barca vs real madrid!

Attacking AI
The offensive Artificial Intelligence got a huge improvement. The CPU-controlled players got better running routes and better guessing options of where you pass the ball.Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders,waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

This is pointless if every team plays like this!!
not every striker should be smarter!!

EA need to improve the A.I on a more individual basis and not collectively!

If you don't want to play the longball, then don't play as Stoke. If you want to play possession football with Stoke, you can play it with Stoke, but it isn't going to be easy, and is shouldn't be because they don't have the players to play technical 'pretty' football.

With the way you want it, they may as well remove stats all together. I'm not sure you understand how football works.

No, you're not understanding what I'm saying. I've already said I don't want stats scrapped. I'm fine with the way it is now in Fifa 12. Content even. But this could make it worse. If I want to play possession football I will play possession football with whoever the fuck I want. Any player has the capability of playing pretty football. Similarly, any player can lose all their technical talents. See Torres.

And trust me I understand how football works, I almost made it professionally. ;)

Wouldn't it be great if you as stoke played me as Bolton and the game had bad first touches, inaccurate passes

This sounds like hell to me. Sorry.

No, you're not understanding what I'm saying. I've already said I don't want stats scrapped. I'm fine with the way it is now in Fifa 12. Content even. But this could make it worse. If I want to play possession football I will play possession football with whoever the fuck I want. Any player has the capability of playing pretty football. Similarly, any player can lose all their technical talents. See Torres.

And trust me I understand how football works, I almost made it professionally. ;)

This sounds like hell to me. Sorry.

The way it is in FIFA 12 is shit just like it has been in every FIFA game!

Bumhead

Banned
As usual, a list of "improvements" that are utterly irrelevant until people get their hands on playable code.

I just want a fun career mode, but suspect that might be too much to ask.

I'd say Torres' current form would argue with that. Form is temporary, Class is permanent and all that.

And just because one almost made it professionally doesn't mean someone understands the game. Let's ask Tottenham fans about Benoit. He admits all he does is run hard and go for the ball. He doesn't know shit else.

VV no, he clearly doesn't.

AlexBasch

Haven't bought since FIFA 10. Probably time to hop back in and get a real updated version. :D
If you didn't get them because they were "lol yearly release" then you missed out on great football games, get that right this year.

I just want them to fix the Virtual Pro to be like FIFA10 again. ): I play Career Mode (yeah yeah, what?) and it was fun to have your shitty player to start in a lowly team in Manager Mode (because only chumps start out at Barcelona and buy Cristiano Ronaldo right out starting) and progressing as a manager and using your player in every team you get signed at. But in FIFA11 they screwed that because after one season if you change teams, your VP is gone forever. I know there's Player Manager and Player modes, but I don't understand why your VP should disappear if you're in Manager Mode and being unable to bring him like you used to before.

Also no, different teams for different playstyles. Bolton is a mid tier team so it's only expected that they won't be as skilled with the ball as Real Madrid or Barcelona, but you can defeat them if you use your players right, just don't expect to beat them at their own game. My brother often "trolls" people by picking Tigres from our Mexican League and beating Real Madrid's and Manchester Cities with his slow play and precise passing, should he try to outrun Cristiano Ronaldo or chase David Silva his players will be dead, so he focuses on good defending and counterattacking with precise passing. You can beat them, but it won't be easy, just like real football.

The bullshit is in Virtual Pro Online, because fuck those assholes with 99 OVR and low height that run like Usain Bolt.

Boosts for Felaini, Song and Benoit Assou-Ekotto based on hair!
I wonder what kind of boost would Gervinho have. More speed because awesome aerodynamics?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Might be the first FIFA I miss since 07. The GAF community around this game went from great to non-existent within a year (or maybe I just haven't been playing close enough attention ... either way, back to my iPad!).

Might be the first FIFA I miss since 07. The GAF community around this game went from great to non-existent within a year (or maybe I just haven't been playing close enough attention ... either way, back to my iPad!).

FIFA community did wane, but it is still kind of there but just a part of footyGAF now.

Menelaus

Banned

You can blame CB for breaking up GAF to two squads, that effectively killed it.

Also, clubs in 12 sucking ass water didn't help our cause. Not being able to see your opponents ratings was such cheese.

Hieberrr

2012 was bananas. I thought it was an amazing game compared to 11 (at least on the PC). I'm looking forward to 13. But what's with the dribbling thing? I'm assuming players will still dribble when not moving?

In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction,in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!

What does this even mean

Want a game? Anyone? Clubs?

Haunted

Won't happen on this gen. Default camera is too far out to notice at current resolutions, and the impact of rendering a 50 yard wide swath of turf would cripple the current gen.
Well, that's exactly what I said.

I don't think I can get excited by yet another current generation update.

A next generation overhaul of the graphics engine is what the genre needs to get people hyped.

adelante

What does this even mean
You know what be funny? If they actually have it implemented such that you need to hold the right trigger to make your player dribble forward and that the left stick only changes direction he's facing hahaha

Edit: Wait, I'm beginning to think that might actually be it! :|

Messi

Boosts for Felaini, Song and Benoit Assou-Ekotto based on hair!

98 for pinto

1288718144xNWmT8.jpg

Top Bottom