• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sportswriter Tweets That Japanese Indy 500 Winner Makes Him ‘Uncomfortable’

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well hopefully being jobless doesn't make him even more uncomfortable.
I mean, he's jobless and unemployable. I don't know what the fuck this guy was thinking. He ruined his own life and his family's lives just to say a random racist thing for no apparent reason.

duckroll

Takuma Sato raced in F1 before. If him winning Indy 500 makes you uncomfortable you should stop watching racing. GTFO.

shira

bounty-wag.gif

Siegcram

I'm sure his wife and kids are glad he let us know. Way to throw away your career about something literally nobody needed to know.

Memory

Sato looks hyped and happy as fuck in the image in the linked article. Super happy for him and his achievement.

Mister Wolf

Twitter has been a blessing to mankind. We don't even have to out these idiots they out themselves all thanks to Twitter.

RinsFury

Glad he was fired, I hope this racist piece or shit never gets any sort of journalism job ever again. Get fucked, scumbag.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Sato is a legend. He was loved in F1 and at Indy. 300,000 people standing at ovation when he eon.

What a cunt of a person would disrepect that?

Burai

shitonmychest57
Life comes at you at 225mph.

Nobody tell him Japanese engines have dominated the event since the turn of the century.

onken

I wonder how many civilian deaths his father contributed to with those 67 recon flights he made for bombing runs. Just checking comfort levels here.

Madness

These are the kinds of guys who vandalize Japanese cars on Memorial Day... They'd have no issue with German drivers winning Indy or anything but a Japanese one makes him uncomfortable. Why? The driver didn't fight in World War II.

Racism in general is weird and unintelligible.

But this is super weird even on a racist level like, why? How does your brain work in such a way where a Japanese man winning a race makes it turn to a hate filled mush?

But this is super weird even on a racist level like, why? How does your brain work in such a way where a Japanese man winning a race makes it turn to a hate filled mush?

Seriously. I can't fathom being "uncomfortable" about someone winning a damn auto race.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Good, I hope it made him uncomfortable. I'm of the mind we don't make this world comfortable for racists and feeble minded individuals. Fuck them and fuck the way they see the world.

Dumbass. I can't believe the mental gymnastics people like this do to "justify" what they say and think.
At least he's jobless and the Internet never forgets.

Jinaar

'Mericans died at Pearl Harbour for Daytona, and some *insert racist slur here* from Japan wins our race?!?!?! Dey toook urrrr day!!! "

It's the same argument I hear elderly people make most of the time they decide they want to be racist. One minority does something to a family member decades ago, so its just easier to lump them all together and be a generalizing prick.

I didn't think it had anything to do with the winner actually being Japanese.
It felt more like a shitty general, 'An American didn't Win America race on America weekend!' statement.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I haven't heard such racism since high school. Racism isn't excusable and this left me with such a terrible feeling. I'm glad his employer took actions against him. What a jerk.

HeySeuss

Before reading the article I would have assumed that he was talking about the Asian driver stereotype being a Japanese man won an extremely difficult high​ performance car race, which requires incredible skill.

But after reading his apology, he went off on a weird track that makes no sense tying it to memorial day and WWII. His apology is way worse than his original statement. Unreal

jay

Wait, am I the only person here who sold his Honda two days ago and repurchased it today to avoid having a piece of Pearl Harbor betrayal in my driveway?

Mario Andretti pissed off southerners when he won the Daytona 500 in 1967. Being Italian and all.

Even his own team sabotaged him; attempting to deliver the win for his teammate.

"In this Memorial Day" lol fuck off dude. Memorial Day is to honor veterans and those killed in action. It is not a "Remember When You Japs Killed A Bunch Of Us???" Day. And the Japanese are one of our closest allies today, might wanna leave that rock you live under.

Top Bottom