• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

El Topo

Yup. Outside of the time period, I'm loving everything else.

I mean, we should have seen it coming with the whole Scarlet Witch/Captain Marvel thing in Age of Ultron.
"The universe is in peril, everything is a stake, the Avengers are almost defeated....now please watch a movie set decades in the past."
I really hope they thought this through.

Pachimari

The Thor poster has officially released:

DFYizNyVwAEmCzG.jpg:orig

El Topo

Hey, apparently Captain Marvel might still show up in Infinity War. At least she's on the poster. How does that even work? Ugh.
Or not.

curb

Banned
Hey, apparently Captain Marvel might still show up in Infinity War. At least she's on the poster. How does that even work? Ugh.

That's my question. I need her to show up with everyone else in the current continuity. I trust Feige and company though. I'm sure there's some spacetime trickery that'll make it all work out.

Edit: I was too quick in quoting you. I didn't think that poster looked legit but the point still stands. She's gotta end up with the Avengers at some point, right?

"How is Infinity War a two-parter if Captain Marvel comes out between them?"

Lmao. Knew it. Wonder how they're gonna bring her to the present day Avengers though.

El Topo

I'm wondering how they are planning to sell the Captain Marvel movie to audiences, especially if Infinity War has an open end of some sorts.

Pachimari

So as expected, we didn't get anything from Black Panther released, or any other footage than Thor: Ragnarok. I'm very pleased with the panel. So much goodness in there, and the concept art for Captain Marvel was perfect.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Maybe
in my dreamland, since Carol is boring,
setting it in the past is just a fast-track way of ultimately introducing Kamala.

El Topo

Maybe
in my dreamland, since Carol is boring,
setting it in the past is just a fast-track way of ultimately introducing Kamala.

People keep saying that, but that's the DC way of thinking. If you want the reward, you have to put in the work. None of this would be an issue if they had not been so incredibly hesitant when it comes to female superheroes.

curb

Banned
I need them to officially release that Captain Marvel art. I've got multiple devices that need new backgrounds.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Man, today has been a good day for comic nerds. DC and Marvel both delivered in my book. I wanna see everything right now!!!!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
She was the worst she's ever been in IF. Wing talking about how amazing a fighter she is after a couple classes, goes to China for no damn reason at all, and gets one over on a member of the hand. It was bloody awful.
But her becoming a fighter makes sense. She fought a Hand undead ninja in Daredevil S2 (she ended up pushed outside the window, but still), and she chased down a thug, beat the shit out of him and got her purse back in Luke Cage. And those were without training at all.
Also her not being a damsel in distress is good, which is helped by her being a decent fighter.

I agree about the China part, but the fault there is on IF being shit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vibranium

Banned
So is Hannah John-Kamen's character a gender flipped version of this Ghost:

Wezqu--Ghost_Head.jpg

or is there another Marvel Ghost I don't know about?

Probably a gender-flipped Ghost which is cool, it's a character that can easily be adapted in any way. Ghost is one of my most underrated villains, I have a soft spot for him. I hope the MCU version is cool and has a neat costume.

Also, please don't kill her off. If Thunderbolts ever happened, Ghost would be a sick addition.

Neoxon

Let us have a moment of silence for Reddit user salmonsole. He/she died at the hands of the Marvel Studios Ninjas to get us the trailer.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😵😵😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Glass Rebel

I am really curious how they're gonna tie in Captain Marvel into the MCU. Having it set in the 90s with two-eyed Nick Fury and the Skrulls as enemies makes me think that those events are what sets off the Avengers initiative, maybe even the firs (failed) attempt.

Also the Ant-Man stuff sounds dope. Ghost? Michelle Pfeiffer? Watch Walton Goggins be Taskmaster.

Bronx-Man

Banned
*Carol flies in down to Earth in the heat of battle after spending 30 years in Deep Space*

"Hey guys! Has Nirvana put out anything lately?"

Top Bottom