• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoichi Wada: Final Fantasy Versus XIII not cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
ugh, I actually wish it was true that it was canceled. I just want this to be over with already. I don't think S-E could ever possibly deliver a game that would live up to expectations at this point.

Why are expectations even high at all? We hardly know a thing about the game and clearly it's gone through major development struggles. If anything, people should have a healthy amount of skepticism by now.

Even if it ends up half-baked, I'd still rather the game be released than canceled. That's never good-- people toil for years on this stuff.

Sad how many people wait with baited breath for SE to make a mistake and die, but allow EA and Bioware to pound them in the butt over and over and welcome them back with open arms

Believe it or not, some people just don't have a problem with EA and Bioware and enjoy their games. Crazy, I know.

Edit: I shouldn't post when I'm tired. I get dumb and off-topic. Hopefully Nomura has something big to show at TGS this year. It's where he usually makes his big announcements, so I have my fingers crosses that he may actually have some content to show.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Figured.

Weren't their stocks down today? Was that due to the rumour from Friday or was that just a financial situation in general?

Chacranajxy said:
Still don't like him
Well, I still want to a window into his mind for letting this sit for so long, and also for other things like pushing FFXIV early, seeing to publish stuff like Mindjack/Gun Loco (if that was him, of course), etc.

I don't think it's as much Kotaku's fault as it is IGN's who was the first of the bigger video game sites to report it as "Fact".

Knew it btw.

This game will probably sell game systems. If it achieves its visions. I get FF7 vibes from it, like its the type of final fantasy game that even non jrpg players will want to play.

Feep

Banned
If Joystiq got a 1-2 year ban for that "midnight announcement" thing they did awhile back, I don't see how Kotaku so deftly avoids the judgment.

EzD5X.gif

Persona86

Banned
Great now we can finally stop reading posts from "anti versus fans/fans of any negative news" enjoying the fact (or acting like it's fact lol)that it's cancelled lol. It's funny that anti versus fans even exist haha

Can't wait to see what they've done with cities/towns.

ubercheez

Kotaku operates on the same principle as supermarket checkout line magazines. The more lurid the headline, the better.

63 ways to please your PS3

Boss Man

It seems someone is spreading a false rumor about Versus being canceled. Heh, just a few moments ago a regularly scheduled meeting for Versus ended. If you were to see the city etc. presented today, you'd wouldn't be able to stand from surprise, lol.
Finally, Versus news! I'm so giddy!

And this was what Kotaku was planning all along...
If only it wasn't Kotaku, I might believe it.

Amir0x

Banned
Hehe, pretty damning Kotaku

i actually was hoping this wasn't canceled because since it seems Squeenix is intent on continuing the lame FFXIII trail, it was like the only other FF game I could possibly get invested in at the moment

Ryoku

Well, looks like I was wrong for taking that rumor as possible fact. Glad I was wrong, though. Now let's see how long it'll take them to get this thing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom