• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

_Legacy_

Oh shit, got Sigurd in only three pulls! Saved so many orbs. He's -ATK +DEF but that's ok, I'll work with it. I'll level him up on Friday for the SP bonus and Gray for the Sword Valor bonus. Should be 12 SP per kill.

Decided to finally promote an Askr. Sharena. I'm assuming I won't get a focus on the new banner with my recent luck. She's pretty potent with that unique weapon, and tried something different adding Earth Boost 3, HP+4 seal, Swordbreaker 3, etc. Should help handle the strong, sturdy new reds. Might have helped take out a (apparently) BK-led defense already, earliest I've gotten one.

Add: for the curious, Earth Boost simply to retain more hp on defense after going against certain common characters like BLyn and the two Ikes (std matchups)...plus I had a couple extra Boeys

Wichu

n9AYEuX.jpg
Um, OK.

They're both +Spd/-Res. I've already got a fully kitted-out +Def/-Spd Inigo for BLyn-slaying; I'll probably train the new one later as a utility dancer. It's not worth merging/inheriting him, is it?

I still want Azura, but I don't think I'm going to sink any more orbs into this banner considering the chance of getting her is so low (I'd estimate about 250-300 orbs on average).

Um, OK.

They're both +Spd/-Res. I've already got a fully kitted-out +Def/-Spd Inigo for BLyn-slaying; I'll probably train the new one later as a utility dancer. It's not worth merging/inheriting him, is it?
I'm up to 170 orbs or so now trying to get Olivia...

With restrictions popping up for using the same character multiple times in an event, I'd either merge him, or feed his B skill to someone else. Despite his B skill not being worth running over WoM...

Sushen

Yeah, she's ridiculously good. I can basically charge into nearly any Rein/Lyn battle with no fear, even if they are merged to high heaven. Bait them both simultaneously, and if one of them even survives, they usually get danced and suicide against me on the second attack.

Only thing to watch out for is Lyn with Cancel Affinity, but those have been quite rare in my experience.
Y Tiki can take on Reinhardt??? She can’t beat Reinhardt in my calculations.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is Distant Defense 3 or Deflect Magic 3 better against Rein time? Anyone did calcs?
I imagine Deflect Magic is better against Rein, especially since Deflect screws over Moonbow QP Rein especially badly.

Distant Defense is more about versatility than shutting down any one unit in particular imo.

Sushen

No, no, I was referring to Fem Robin there. The usual Gronnraven+TA build.
Oh makes sense. My spd+/res- Sigurd can take on both Reinhardt and BLyn both atk+ fully horse buffed IF he got hone cav and Reinhardt and BLyn are not merged. It’s no bulletproof case but I can use him as an emergency measure.

Firemind

I imagine Deflect Magic is better against Rein, especially since Deflect screws over Moonbow QP Rein especially badly.

Distant Defense is more about versatility than shutting down any one unit in particular imo.
I suppose that's true. Distant Defense has added BLyn utility 🤔

Cerium

I'm tempted to give my Brave Lyn Cancel Affinity now.

Yeah it would cost me 20k feathers but it would make her hard to stop in arena.

I'm tempted to give my Brave Lyn Cancel Affinity now.

Yeah it would cost me 20k feathers but it would make her hard to stop in arena.

Geez, I just ran into a +5 Firesweep and Cancel Affinity in AA.

Nevermind those skills, I think it's kind of smart/sneaky when people run one or two high merged monsters combined with low merges with few skills.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ended up with two Sigurd...

One is +att, - HP

Other is neutral.

I'm guessing the plus attack one is better?

60 orbs and no Sigurd. I still have a *lot* of orbs left. Is he really worth it or is it too early to know?

On paper, he looks like a CYL unit.

That said, you have plenty to time to summon (13 days or so) and he'll be added to the pool of summons later (and he'll potentially be on other banners).

I sadly didn't get Sigurd (I got his wife instead), so I'll probably go back and try to get PA Olivia before her banner disappears.

Cerium

So with TT coming up again I needed a mounted healer for my Horse Emblem. I finally decided to pull the trigger on this:

fSSKmAq.png

Anyone else got one of these? It was fairly resource intensive but it should pay off.

Cerium

Never needed a healer for TT. I just run a blade team with the bonus unit and then clean up with hyper offense horse emblem.

Well first of all I don't want to lose any units let alone the whole first team, and secondly having a healer helps a lot when using autobattle.

I've been able to get perfect runs with an offensive Horse Emblem but a healer gives so much more room for error.

Credo

He seems very good, but it is a bit early.

On paper, he looks like a CYL unit.

That said, you have plenty to time to summon (13 days or so) and he'll be added to the pool of summons later (and he'll potentially be on other banners).

I sadly didn't get Sigurd (I got his wife instead), so I'll probably go back and try to get PA Olivia before her banner disappears.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll just take a break from pulling for the next 10 days or so and then maybe throw another 20-25 at him.

Firemind

36 should be enough to not get doubled. you're auto battling so i assume you're not choosing the highest difficulty. with a fortify buff, few things can kill her.

Cerium

36 should be enough to not get doubled. you're auto battling so i assume you're not choosing the highest difficulty. with a fortify buff, few things can kill her.

I'll see how it works out in application and if she needs more HP I'll grind the SP. The inheritance is trivial.

Sushen

60 orbs and no Sigurd. I still have a *lot* of orbs left. Is he really worth it or is it too early to know?
It costed me 140+ to get him. No regret though because I needed him for the 3rd horse team. So whether he’s worth it or not depends on how bad you need him in your teams that you’re working on.

ggx2ac

I have to build up a few brave bow users thanks to Arena Assault. My only concern is if mages will end up using Deflect Missile.

Otherwise, I should also look at putting Drag Back on brave weapon cavalry users to make it easy to reposition.

_Legacy_

So with TT coming up again I needed a mounted healer for my Horse Emblem. I finally decided to pull the trigger on this:

Anyone else got one of these? It was fairly resource intensive but it should pay off.

I used to run a healer in my early TT days but personally it was a waste of a slot for me. I just ran BoL 3 on Bridelia and maybe one other and go flawless 80% of the time. Besides, I prefer having Nino in low hp to trigger desperation. I guess it's just personal preference.

Managed to pull a Sigurd. I was worried I wouldn't get a bonus unit for TT.

inb4 Sigurd isn't bonus.

Its gonna be the current banner + Julia at 40% most likely.

If I had to guess 20% it'd Seliph, Arvis, whoever the TT reward unit and either Lachesis/Eldigan. If Arden and Ayra are both bonuses then ignore the last two.

NSESN

Its gonna be the current banner + Julia at 40% most likely.

If I had to guess 20% it'd Seliph, Arvis, whoever the TT reward unit and either Lachesis/Eldigan. If Arden and Ayra are both bonuses then ignore the last two.

Actually Seliph is the lead, so I am pretty sure he is 40%. Julia is the boss.

Tripon

Screenshot_20171017-201646.png

This is what happens when you roll for healers. I got Eliwood, Maltida, Maria first, then Ingio, then Brave Lyn.

Checking Boob/bane's later.

lt519

4808 on my first AA run of the week, down from 4832 last week, luck of the draw I guess. Either way my AA team has gotten way too strong, I'm winning all seven with ease and not using items since I got two more dancers.

Not going to hit top 10k but the rewards aren't worth pushing harder.

ggx2ac

Oh yeah, I also have to remember to make a couple of 5* Hammer units. I have plenty of Armorslayer units to take care of Hector but I lack any units to take out Effie easily in Arena Assault.

explodet

Been playing since launch, and finally got a Tharja (4*) with the free pull from the Holy War banner. She and PAzura are going to be good friends.

But my goodness, her skills could use some tweaking.
I wonder how she'd do with Draconic Aura rather than Moonbow.

ggx2ac

Been playing since launch, and finally got a Tharja (4*) with the free pull from the Holy War banner. She and PAzura are going to be good friends.

But my goodness, her skills could use some tweaking.
I wonder how she'd do with Draconic Aura rather than Moonbow.

If you're going to use Raorblade, it's usually not worth going for something other than Moonbow considering the +1 it adds to your special charge.

Shinypogs

I've only recently started taking arena seriously in the past few weeks and end of last season I made it to tier 19. Can I only progress to 20 or slide back to 18? Is there no way to just stayin tier 19? Also I have a serious appreciation for B!Ike's ability to tank everything that Soren doesn't nuke to death.

Learning Ai manipulation from Akariss on twitch has made life a lot easier. While certain maps are still bullshit there are ways to try and shift the odds in your favour. Nothing like having a Hector separate from his team and take and inefficient route to try and get to your sharena tucked in a corner since he prioritizes killing her. Splitting the enemy or knowing the order of movement for units and thus who will get danced feels good and like you aren't entirely at the mercy of fickle Ai. Breakable things on a map shows all that out the window though.

I did a random pull cause I had 5 orbs and I ended up with Shigure. I was hunting for Olivia but this pull didn't have any colorless orbs.

The hunt for Olivia continues but I won't say no to that sweet Blue Tome Valor.

Top Bottom