• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty Returns to The Rubin Report for Special Live Show

NJShadow

Colin Moriarty, formerly of Kinda Funny returned to The Rubin Report for a special live interview, and I found it to be nothing more than spectacular. Colin goes into depth on the "controversy" surrounding his tweet, the departure from Kinda Funny shortly thereafter, and much, much more (you'll want to keep watching.) Colin also takes questions live from viewers later on the broadcast.

While Dave Rubin impresses me time and time again with his interviews, him and Colin just seem to click, and this has to be one of the better interviews I ever seen, and easily the best interview of a figure in the gaming media/industry (though Colin looks set to take off in another direction, or possibly something that fuses politics and gaming.)

The level of openness and sheer compassion on display in this interview is something to behold, and I really think Colin echos what a lot of people feel, but are unwilling to share due to the potential for ridicule from friends and colleagues who often hang on the FAR left and right..

At this point in time, Colin is easily one of my favorite personalities in gaming media, and while I don't always agree with everything he says, what he speaks on is absolutely spot on. I also really enjoyed him speaking out against general "mean spiritedness" in the industry and online (I know that's a given), which is refreshing.

Say what you want about the guy (I could care less about past write-ups that made gamers mad for one reason or another), this dude is blazing a path.

Link for the live interview below (I did a few searches, but didn't see anything on this posted yet..)

LIVE with Colin Moriarty and Dave Rubin: Fallout From The Tweet

Zoggy

"I voted for trump"

After months of saying " i didn't vote for him but we should give him a chance!!!"

Fuck Colin to the end of the earth.

karasu

"I voted for trump"

After months of saying " i didn't vote for him but we should give him a chance!!!"

Fuck Colin to the end of the earth.
Wait Colin says he voted for Trump? I thought he voted for Gary Johnson. Was he lying all of this time?

Watched the interview and a piece of the Q&A. Moriarty came off really well and made his points. Rubin has a Jimmy Fallon-esque sycophantic interview style that constantly strokes the ego of his guest, but Moriarty didn't really need the enabling.

edit: Why is this in community? Kinda guaranteed to not get much viewership or discussion here

Always annoyed me that they never asked Colin who he voted for down ticket, he can hate Trump and leave the Republican party over him but if he still votes in a way that gives him the most power, it really defeats the idea of rallying against him. Anyway that's not a big deal, just something I thought about in the GOG topics after the election.

Ulumsk

So Colin made a harmless, bad dadjoke. The internet outrage machine spearheaded by Polygon smells blood in the water. His "friends" panic and throw him under the bus. He's better off for it while Kindafunny is left dealing with the blowback.

Am I getting this right?

Or Colin feeling how unnecessary International Women's Day is, pokes the hornets nest with a bad dad joke for reaction, news outlets and friends call him on his shit, with aspirations of going solo sees the divide as career opportunity, helps Greg with public apology but purposely goes silent when colleagues are called backstabber's based upon it, continues to push the divide with liberty tweet, quits Kinda Funny and uses divided fan base as base for future solo efforts.

Or not. Let's be honest, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Top Bottom