• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC : Grand Theft Auto IV, Who's playing it ? And how?

sn00zer

Bought it for PC....only game besides Metro that I cannot play on my comp at playable fps...damn it
2.66 Duo Core
4GB Ram
8800GTS 320

my rig plays all of the games I own at at least 30 fps, most at 60 fps on all high...after playing Just Cause 2 on all high settings all I have to say is "Damn Rockstar get your shit together"

LuchaShaq

Banned
Cutscene audio doesn't work or I'd play through the game and expansions a second time since I bought them on sale from steam.

Dacon

Banned
Goddammit, I can't fly the fucking helicopter in this game for shit.

I've been flying around trying to get better shots of the buildings and rooftops but fuck, I really suck at flying this goddamn chopper.

I'm playing TLAD for the first time and it runs like crap on 1920 x 1200 with everything maxed.

Core 2 Quad @ 3.56 GHz
4 GB RAM
Radeon HD 6950 with unlocked shaders, using the BF3 driver

I got 19 fps in the benchmark. That can't be right?

Derrick01

Banned
Explain maxed. Are all 3 detail sliders up to 100? Because those alone will crush your framerate. Night shadows turned up to max will also hurt you bad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The problem is you've maxed everything. From what I understand - and, admittedly, my knowledge doesn't extent particularly far as I don't own GTAIV or its derivatives on the PC - the draw distance setting is the largest culprit.

Edit: Derrick01 has beaten me to the proverbial punch, and seems to have a practical understanding. :)

RooMHM

Okay so now I have this new computer built I haven't even tried that graphics mode from teh awesome. Guess file fidling and config editing is too bothersome for the moment /: Ran ok with my q6600 o/c to 3ghz, 4gb ram and GTX460.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm having a hard time remembering all of the options but yeah with the sliders at that you should be getting 60fps. Try turning night shadows to low or off, when I did I gained roughly 10 fps. I honestly don't know what the problem could be, I only have a gtx 470 and a slightly slower quad speed (3.01ghz) and I can get 57-60 with everything on high except for night shadows and the sliders at 35/100.

Maybe someone with much more tech experience than me can help because something there isn't working right. You should be getting better performance than me.

DeVeAn

Damn, why does this game stutter so much. I have a more than capable PC and even turn shit off and its always stuttering.

Top Bottom