• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's next cover is Assassin's Creed: Origins [Up: All details inside]

Fuck, as soon as I read attack buttons are on rb and rt I immediately thought dark souls combat. I need to not get too hype.

PooBone

This sounds awesome. I just wish the setting was further back to see a theory on the actual purpose of those pyramids. (10000 BC instead of 50 BC.)

EDIT: This and Far Cry 5 are at the top of my most-wanted list as of today. Look at Ubisoft!

jett

D-Member
Well that's a reboot. Finally some big changes have come to this franchise.

Now let's see if Ubisoft doesn't end up tripping over themselves.

Footos22

Jumper_Griffin%27s_Story.jpg

Iirc the Unity DLC implied that Arno was headed to Egypt, so maybe it'll tie in somehow; perhaps similarly to how Ezio's story tied in with Altair's in Revelations?

Although I seem to recall that there was another rumour saying that
there's a female playable character too, but I don't remember where it was from.

I makes sense
they'd connect the two for continuity, but do AC fans care enough about continuity to spend resources resurrecting the least favorite game?

Hopefully the female character rumor is true, wherever it's from. The new protagonist just looks like every other male Assassin's Creed lead. There was a reason I only ever played as Evie and her descendant in Syndicate when possible.

iFirez

Just saw the scans elsewhere - the game looks incredible. I can not wait! This is what I want and I love the sound of the changes to combat,

ezekial45

Banned
This sounds like a cross between Horizon and Breath of the Wild. I love it. This sounds delightful, I can't wait to see more.

Hopefully by "dynamic world" they mean you can have an effect on what goes on around you, like the actions you take or the big stuff you do will cause areas to become more prosperous and stuff like that. Like killing a corrupt loan shark will make people happier and wealthier.

One of my favorite parts from AC: Brotherhood (I forget if 2 had it as well) was buying and restoring famous landmarks. Even though it was mainly an aesthetic thing, I still got a good sense of progression by doing that.

I'm also happy to see the tombs returning. Those were a lot of fun in past games (again, it's been so long since I played them that I forget which ones had good tombs or not, haha).

Reading that the modern/present day is the "glue that holds the franchise together" is reassuring. Suck it MD haters! I'm 10000% confident they'll deliver on the modern part this time in a BIG way, absolutely certain of it.

Hastati

The lack of a minimap does make me a little concerned about how collectables will work. In Watch Dogs 2, presumably so the player wouldn't feel compelled to seek them out, they only appear on the map if they're relatively close, which I wasn't much a fan of. I hope there's at least the option of purchasing or otherwise acquiring, say, a treasure map

A purchasable map or set of clues sounds nice, I just remember being averse to what FC3 and the pirate AC game did with their maps and how that directed your interaction with the world. It brought me right out of the environment for whatever reason.

On the otherhand, if yoi like collecting I can see why the GTAIV style of completely hiding stuff would really suck too. Hopefully they've found a comfortable middle ground.

kc44135

Probably just means they will advertise the Scorpio support if Microsoft has the marketing deal with them. Pro will get support but they just won't talk about it.

I mean, so am I but this finally seems like the one to keep an eye on.

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting too. Still, I can't help but wonder if that's something that could happen. Like, Sony or MS pays a third party Dev to make a PRO/Scorpio mode that exclusive to that respective platform, either forever or maybe for a year or so. Wouldn't want to see that happen, though. Back on topic... I agree with you on this AC, definitely. It's the most interesting thing to come out of this franchise in a very long time. I personally didn't think I'd ever be excited for another AC ever again, but I might be with this one. Gotta see that gameplay first though.

Yeah, that's my number one complaint too.

I guess
doing Cleopatra lets them add Romans, Coliseums, and more modern-ish Egyptian ruins into the game, but by that point it's barely the Egypt I know and love anymore. I assumed we were getting (and was excited for) Ancient Egypt.

Wanderer5

Damn, I dropped this series a while ago, but much of the info makes this tempting for now, especially if there are more tombs and puzzles to find.

BlizzKrut

Banned
More juicy details from the subreddit.

Bayek starts as a Medjay (sheriff type character) and is in his 30s.
He will become the founder of the Brotherhood (I don't know how this makes sense lore wise?)
Customization - you can choose the look you want without this affecting stats!!
Eagle vision is indeed through an eagle - called Senu
Memphis and Alexandria are some cities
Can equip two bows and two melee weapons at once. Also can use fists again.
Can fire multiple arrows at once (ON A ** CAMEL!)
Ptolemaic era
Mini map replaced for a navigation type one (like Skyrim and Horizon)
You will have to enhance your hidden blade (I think it says something along the lines of stealth kills not being a one hit kill anymore)
Free form combat, no counters, has an adrenaline thing that builds up as you fight
Horses and camels confirmed
The Crocodile is indeed a target!
Can dive underwater
Tomb raiding
They say nothing about the modern day
Anything is climbable including mountains and rocks
Can poison dead bodies, lure enemies, tame animals

KiDdYoNe

Don't get me wrong, this all sounds very, very good, but I expect that million of studies worked on this and overall it's going to be bits and pieces all over again. We've seen that lots of times already. Not saying Assassin's Creed games are bad, but don't get your hopes high.

But yeah, looks like finally day one.

Cross-posting from the other thread:

"Here's a detailed list from HungryGhost57 on the article and what it mentions, get ready.

All new info: • Started working on game before unity • Brand new fighting system • New A.I. • No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top • No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick • Crouching is back • Story is being kept a secret • Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies • Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra • You can climb everything in the game • Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria • The controllable eagle leak was true • NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature" • Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger • A.I. does not take turns to attack • New combat system is more hit-box driven • As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed • Left shoulder button is lock on • There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins) • Stat element of customization is removed • New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials • Leveling system that has a level cap of 40 • Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret • There are legendary items to loot in the game • You can add blocked arrows to your inventory • You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade • Buttons for free-running up and down are removed • Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches • Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter) • There are gladiator battles in arenas"

This all sounds incredibly amazing. Seem like a mechanics and gameplay improved AC2/Brotherhood. Like, this is the evolution I wanted from both of those games. Is just hope now Bayek is charismatic and not a walking wooding plank always moody.

Kemal86

I hope traversal works well. I actually felt having dedicated climb up/climb down buttons made the series much more playable. It will be interesting to see how the protagonist moves about without them.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

He will become the founder of the Brotherhood (I don't know how this makes sense lore wise?)
Ptolemaic era
You will have to enhance your hidden blade (I think it says something along the lines of stealth kills not being a one hit kill anymore)
Free form combat, no counters, has an adrenaline thing that builds up as you fight
Can dive underwater
Tomb raiding

this sounds so fucking perfect

😭😭😭 everything sound so amazing! Ubisoft better have not fucked this up because AC has been my favorite franchise for a while. All these improvements sound modern and I can't wait to see it on Sunday ...which I assume will be at Xbox conference

Why are people so confident that we'll see this at MS's stage? Scorpio 4k title to showcase the power?

I think Ubisoft's stage will get the first gameplay reveal.

Cross-posting from the other thread:

"Here's a detailed list from HungryGhost57 on the article and what it mentions, get ready.

All new info: • Started working on game before unity • Brand new fighting system • New A.I. • No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top • No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick • Crouching is back • Story is being kept a secret • Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies • Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra • You can climb everything in the game • Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria • The controllable eagle leak was true • NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature" • Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger • A.I. does not take turns to attack • New combat system is more hit-box driven • As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed • Left shoulder button is lock on • There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins) • Stat element of customization is removed • New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials • Leveling system that has a level cap of 40 • Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret • There are legendary items to loot in the game • You can add blocked arrows to your inventory • You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade • Buttons for free-running up and down are removed • Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches • Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter) • There are gladiator battles in arenas"

Ptolemaic era
Can dive underwater
Tomb raiding

If all this ends up being true... oh my god. Hype hype hype.

PooBone

I guess
doing Cleopatra lets them add Romans, Coliseums, and more modern-ish Egyptian ruins into the game, but by that point it's barely the Egypt I know and love anymore. I assumed we were getting (and was excited for) Ancient Egypt.

Ditto. The one thing that gave me huge hope after these leaks started happening was the top of the pyramids being a different material, which would be accurate if you don't believe the "historians" that think these things were only built 3000-4000 years ago.

Altairre

Assassin's Creed: Another One

Look, I was really fed up with AC as well but these actually do seem like drastic changes. We'll have to wait how that translates into gameplay of course but this does not look like just "another one" at all. I'm excited for a AC reveal again. It's been a long ass time.

Sounds too good to be true.

:(

I know right? It's like the perfect AC game ever. I can't believe Ubi are behind this. When the first leaker said it was a soft reboot he weren't kidding haha. It feels like a totally different game. Makes me excited for what's about to go down in the present with juno and everything. If it's as good as this then dayyyyyumnnnnn.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
• Started working on game before unity
• Brand new fighting system
• New A.I.
• No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top
• No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick
• Crouching is back
• Story is being kept a secret
• Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies
• Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra • You can climb everything in the game
• Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria • The controllable eagle leak was true
• NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature"
• Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger
• A.I. does not take turns to attack
• New combat system is more hit-box driven
• As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed
• Left shoulder button is lock on
• There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins)
• Stat element of customization is removed
• New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials
• Leveling system that has a level cap of 40
• Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret • There are legendary items to loot in the game
• You can add blocked arrows to your inventory
• You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade • Buttons for free-running up and down are removed
• Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches
• Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter) • There are gladiator battles in arenas
Source.

Top Bottom