• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC has WiiU's gamepad functionality on PC/Mac/360/PS3

prag16

Banned
Still no official pricing/release info announced?

As many of us have said before, if they go forward with the current listed prices (in which Wii U is $20 more than PS360), so help me...

Miletius

It's cool and I really liked DE:HR, but I don't see myself getting it again. I'd probably be ok with a nominal fee for an upgrade though (even then I'm kind of skeptical).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For certain it will be available as a new SKU, whether on PC they will give the additional option to purchase it as a (cheaper) update is unknown.

My guess is that it'll be a separate app and Squeenix will send out discount coupons to pre-existing owners of the original release.

did they ever address the issue of how fucking dumb it was that only 1 bar recharged?

I would have done melee way more but that takes way too long, but i ended up headshotting everyone :(

did they ever address the issue of how fucking dumb it was that only 1 bar recharged?

I would have done melee way more but that takes way too long, but i ended up headshotting everyone :(

Yes, in the DC. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nfirmed-and-yes-theyve-fixed-the-boss-battles

If Deus Ex's boss battles topped the list of complaints, its energy system came a close second. The vanilla version limits Jensen's recharge to one cell only - irrespective of how many cells are unlocked. This limited the use of augmentations - perhaps the game's coolest feature. "One of the criticisms we received back with the original release was, it's cool you have all those augmentations, but it's like at the same time we balanced it in such a way that we don't want you to use them!" Dugas says with a chuckle.

On Wii U the energy system has been made more forgiving by allowing for two energy cells to recharge by default on all but the hardest difficulty. This should mean players use Jensen's augmentation powers more freely.

"It's not balancing it to make it super easy," Dugas insists. "It's still Deus Ex. You still have to make your choices. But we wanted to give you more opportunities to have fun with all the augmentations you acquire."

FACE

Banned

On that note: did they ever address the issue of how fucking dumb it was to not have melee weapons?

Top Bottom