• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Dandte

Depends on what you like.

F.e. i guess i'm not the only one who is interested in For Whom The Alchemist Exists. An SRPG which will come soon to global. I really like the artstyle and would consider it noteworthy.

Currently in a meeting, so can't look into it. Do we have notable five stars on global? Also my gold was a 4* mac unit and a 3* can go up to 5* haha

Dang somehow it didn't copied the tier list. 3 pages ago

Hmm... Do you know of any games off the top of your head that allow multiple devices to access it without having to perform a transfer that disables the app on the other end?

All the games with transfer codes that I can remember require the player to transfer back to another device, and then perform the transfer again to the other device when desired.

Dragon Blaze can be played from many devices. It only need to refresh login every few weeks.

any fast way to reroll in the alchemy game
android>data>sg.gumialchestmistww> files
then delete gu3c.dat

The problem is you can only reroll for Zahar or Chloe, both pretty weak 5* longterm.
Like some veterans are saying, it's probably better to save all gems currently and just do the start dash for the free 5* Chloe.

yuuki

android>data>sg.gumialchestmistww> files
then delete gu3c.dat

The problem is you can only reroll for Zahar or Chloe, both pretty weak 5* longterm.
Like some veterans are saying, it's probably better to save all gems currently and just do the start dash for the free 5* Chloe.
startdash?

Kitoro

Tried alchemist. Game was blurry and lagged on my OnePlus 5. Didn't see some high performance option. Uninstalled

I've honestly never seen worse performance on my phone (Nexus 6) than this game's performance. Like, holy crap; how did this make it to soft release in this state? The visuals aren't even impressive, nor is the gameplay, but that's another story.

Uninstalled.

Kitoro

So, have we yet a game plan as to how we're going to be able to redeem our SS Terra Battle 2 characters and then transfer to our phones?

Yaari

Yeah I expect to receive a Twitter DM with my code on that. And I honestly do not see how they are going to block anyone from using that code, but we'll see.

Caim

Oh! Will we have to redeem that in the JP PC version, or do we know if it can be redeemed in our proper region's version and platform? Thank you!

Not sure but you can use a VPN to download the DMM PC app and TB2.

You only need the VPN to start the download for the DMM app, you can disconnect and do the rest on your normal connection.

Not sure but you can use a VPN to download the DMM PC app and TB2.

You only need the VPN to start the download for the DMM app, you can disconnect and do the rest on your normal connection.
You can use this link to download without using VPN.
DMM app
After you install the app and log-in to your DMM account, you just browse around until you find the Terra Battle 2 banner and install that.

It's all in JP though. Just warning you all.

My suggestion is to actually wait tomorrow, and see if JP<>EN all sync out correctly before bothering with installs.

chrono01

You can use this link to download without using VPN.
DMM app
After you install the app and log-in to your DMM account, you just browse around until you find the Terra Battle 2 banner and install that.

It's all in JP though. Just warning you all.

My suggestion is to actually wait tomorrow, and see if JP<>EN all sync out correctly before bothering with installs.
Since re-rolling through this client seems like it might be a headache, I'm planning/hoping to be able to re-roll on my mobile device and transfer that data to the DMM client once I get a nice account, so I can use the pre-registration code to (in theory) gain me that SS character I rolled through it, that I can then use in the mobile version (assuming the data is sync'd between the two).

I guess we'll see soon enough if it's possible.

chrono01

In currently without a PC so I an stuck using mobile, hopefully it isn't too rough to reroll on this.
If you're on iOS, it's probably as simple as un-installing/re-installing. There's likely an even easier way if you're on Android, as they seem to be able to delete a file in the install directory to reset data.

I'm on the former, so I might re-roll through Nox if the iOS install is lengthy.

ran into a ragnarok online idle game today, which made me think: what are the best mobage that you can avoid playing? granblue gives out enough free stones and tickets where you can just open the app every once in a while and roll for waifus, but others don't provide that kind of income.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ran into a ragnarok online idle game today, which made me think: what are the best mobage that you can avoid playing? granblue gives out enough free stones and tickets where you can just open the app every once in a while and roll for waifus, but others don't provide that kind of income.
Granblue is probably the most generous because they seem to have infinite money and don't care.

Dragon Ball Dokkan was/is crazy generous with its currency as well, along with its actual gacha system.

I would say Love Live is okay, assuming you can play one song a day. It works out to one free draw a month.

I still remember when Aria was shutting down and every gacha pull gave you 8 URs... it was a nice way to send off the game I suppose. lol

I don't play much, but I will also say that Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle is pretty generous with free currency. You can complete missions for the stones, and missions also tend to have 3 difficulty settings so that's three stones there.

Events are often run where they might give you a bunch at the beginning then 1-3 a day. They recently had an event where you could do missions and earn a bunch of currency that day. I think it was 20 per day which equals to 5 character pulls. Save 50 for a multi-pull but it doesn't typically matter unless that banner states it.

chrono01

Dokkan Battle is great for free/in-game currency, but I hate the rates. While they might be standard with what most games have, the chances of a banner character seems so much lower with DB. No joke, I spent 1500 Dragon Stones when the Goku/Vegeta SSJ4 banners were on-going (as well as another couple hundred when SSJ4 Gogeta hit), and I didn't get a single one of them. A lot of these were discounted pulls as well, not to mention free pulls during the Goku/Vegeta banners. With power-creep as it is, you kind of want/need the newest characters, and I never seem to be able to pull them. I like how Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing does things, where you're guaranteed a banner character after a certain amount spent. Honestly, that's how I feel all of these gacha games should be, but that's another matter entirely.

A few more hours until TB2!

SephLuis

I like how Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing does things, where you're guaranteed a banner character after a certain amount spent. Honestly, that's how I feel all of these gacha games should be, but that's another matter entirely.

A few more hours until TB2!

They really should be like this. A RNG will never be completely fair, it's impossible.
What you can do is that the RNG can be close to actual randomness.

I just wish that those guaranteed would come a lot more sooner.

Ouch, that's quite a lot right there. I've been pretty fortunate actually. I've spent a little bit here and there on the game and I was able to pull SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron on their banners.

However I still have no SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta and took me ages to even get one of the Broly's. I've got all the God/Neo leads, but never get dupes except for guys that aren't too worth using.

So in this Alchemist Code game I got the step up summon to pull me a 5* Chloe.

Currently she's stuck at level 12 and can't level up without getting more shards for her.

This is SUPER frustrating because it looks like you can't even get shards for her without the gacha. No daily quest I can see, nothing.

Am I missing something?

Dandte

So in this Alchemist Code game I got the step up summon to pull me a 5* Chloe.

Currently she's stuck at level 12 and can't level up without getting more shards for her.

This is SUPER frustrating because it looks like you can't even get shards for her without the gacha. No daily quest I can see, nothing.

Am I missing something?

Iirc in at some point you can get chloe for free as a panel reward.

Jeffrey

Now that I think about it, only time worth starting a gacha is during anniversary. Usually tons of rewards makes rerolling easy also usually some OP unit released. 2xp events and what not makes it easy to catch up on content as well.

Z3M0G

Devilian still has a... Christmas icon? I wonder how much Gamevil cares to invest time in updating it, because that's a pretty big red flag.

Ah, it only grossed $10k last month. The game is definitely dying and on its way out; I'd not get too attached.

Are you implying it might become unplayable? Or just lacking regular events?

I'm not surprised the game makes little money... there is no reason to spend any $$, especially without a VIP option to speed things up. People must be spending in the late game, but I'm not sure what for... costume RNG at best...

It's a shame... because the UI experience is sublime, and the challenge missions are a lot of fun. The only reason this game has "failed" financially, is because it's not P2W enough and constantly gouging its players... oh the irony... :/

Kitoro

Are you implying it might become unplayable? Or just lacking regular events?

I'm not surprised the game makes little money... there is no reason to spend any $$, especially without a VIP option to speed things up. People must be spending in the late game, but I'm not sure what for... costume RNG at best...

I'm implying that it will likely get shut down, unfortunately. These games are expensive to maintain, and most big companies pull the plug on games that dip well below six figures, and this game is dipping below 5 figures.

Gamevil is used to seeing profits in the millions, and have shut down games like this in the past. The fact that it's still got a Christmas themed icon is a telling sign that they're done with it and ready to pull the plug at any time.

I'm implying that it will likely get shut down, unfortunately. These games are expensive to maintain, and most big companies pull the plug on games that dip well below six figures, and this game is dipping below 5 figures.

Gamevil is used to seeing profits in the millions, and have shut down games like this in the past. The fact that it's still got a Christmas themed icon is a telling sign that they're done with it and ready to pull the plug at any time.
It is not really expensive to maintain a game if it has few users and it's infrastructure is shared with other games. It can live until they or Apple make some kind of breaking changes on the infrastructure/iOS, since nobody in the company has to spend their time keeping it alive.

Z3M0G

Goddamnit...

Makes sense, sure... but what a kick in the teeth... the game is soooo gooood

Gameplay I just recorded (sorry didn't realize it recorded the mic noise)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW0iBvPkFDc

Oof! Sorry I didn't notice the low rez... my first time doing this from my phone...

Kitoro

It is not really expensive to maintain a game if it has few users and it's infrastructure is shared with other games. It can live until they or Apple make some kind of breaking changes on the infrastructure/iOS, since nobody in the company has to spend their time keeping it alive.

Definitely, but Gamevil has shut down games that were performing even better than this in the past. If they had the intent to keep it going, they'd not carry a Christmas themed icon for the entirety of 2017. They're just sitting on the game at this point.

Z3M0G

Definitely, but Gamevil has shut down games that were performing even better than this in the past. If they had the intent to keep it going, they'd not carry a Christmas themed icon for the entirety of 2017. They're just sitting on the game at this point.

Maybe they'll add VIP packages, a bunch of bikini's that are attached to $30 gem packs, and do a "relaunch"

:p

:(

Kitoro

Maybe they'll add VIP packages, a bunch of bikini's that are attached to $30 gem packs, and do a "relaunch"

:p

:(

We can hope!

Have you checked out the upcoming Lineage II mobile game? It seems to be even more flashy in its combat, and maybe that's something that will excite you!

Z3M0G

We can hope!

Have you checked out the upcoming Lineage II mobile game? It seems to be even more flashy in its combat, and maybe that's something that will excite you!

I'll check it out, I think I looked into it before but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for...

Because Devilion is starting to show its true form...

- Many events are in the UI as "Coming Soon...", and clearly never will...
- Some of the daily dungeons give a "time sync" error when you try to launch them, and they likely don't care to fix it...
- The costumes are already boring, unless I get some super rare ones, I assume...
- It feels like they are just giving shit away for free without desire to make $$, as login rewards they gave me a full set of the 3rd highest tier already... and a few pieces of the 2nd highest tier...

It's a goddamn shame too because some of the events and battles that you actually CAN access are really fantastic...

This game was EXACTLY what I was looking for... :(

I see Lineage II is not available yet (pre-registered), but I want to try some of their other games...

I see Kritika is GAMEVIL's #1... sad since I am deep into that already and am looking for something BETTER...

Darkness Reborn is their #3, so I'll give that a shot next...

I'm trying to avoid any game where you move around a lobby area though... which Lineage and DR seem to use...

aitakute

So Kadokawa just fired Tatsuki. The news is rank 1st worldwide trending on twitter right now. The Kemono Friends game is basically dead on arrival.

chrono01

The Alchemist Code still not released Globally, only in "a few Countries". I'm beginning to get Hortensia Saga flashbacks, where they keep delaying Global launch until it's eventually shut down. I'd like to give the game a try, I wish they would at least give us an estimate. :/

Caim

The Alchemist Code still not released Globally, only in "a few Countries". I'm beginning to get Hortensia Saga flashbacks, where they keep delaying Global launch until it's eventually shut down. I'd like to give the game a try, I wish they would at least give us an estimate. :/

The english version Monster Hunter Explore did something similar.

I don't think there was any news about it soft launching, just popped up on the Canada store one day and then shutdown a couple weeks later.

chrono01

The english version Monster Hunter Explore did something similar.

I don't think there was any news about it soft launching, just popped up on the Canada store one day and then shutdown a couple weeks later.
Yeah, I don't know why they can't even give an estimate. Something. It's just angering the people who want to play it, and eventually they're just going to give up and move on.

t-there was eng ver for mh explore?
Not anymore there isn't!

I actually remember it being available, I never did try it though. I didn't even know it was shut down, haha.

Top Bottom