• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maze Runner: The Death Cure Trailer #1

https://youtu.be/S_9OSktlm6s
In the epic finale to the Maze Runner saga, Thomas leads his group of escaped Gladers on their final and most dangerous mission yet. To save their friends, they must break into the legendary Last City, a WCKD-controlled labyrinth that may turn out to be the deadliest maze of all. Anyone who makes it out alive will get answers to the questions the Gladers have been asking since they first arrived in the maze.

Doesn't look like they're splitting up this movie into two parts like all the other YA movies. That's good I guess.

Last i heard the lead got badly injured and they stopped filming, was wondering when thwy were going to finish. Good to see its back though as I enjoy the series a fair bit.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I hope this movie does decent. I still haven’t seen the second one, but really enjoyed the first one. I didn’t like the third book though tbh.

kevin1025

Banned
Last i heard the lead got badly injured and they stopped filming, was wondering when thwy were going to finish. Good to see its back though as I enjoy the series a fair bit.

Same here. For me it elevates over the usual YA movies and is pretty damn good.

As for this trailer, it's a little slight, but I am liking what I see!

Glad that Dylan O'Brien recovered well from that incident on set. It will be interesting to see how this movie does since the young adult movie craze has kinda died out and most have started moving to television.

I thought I heard the last movie was being turned into a TV show or something, or was that those Transference/Transergence movies?

I still need to see the second Maze Runner movie, I remember liking the first one more than I thought I would.

kevin1025

Banned
I thought I heard the last movie was being turned into a TV show or something, or was that those Transference/Transergence movies?

I still need to see the second Maze Runner movie, I remember liking the first one more than I thought I would.

That was the Divergent series. The second Maze Runner movie is about on par with the first and has some really cool action moments.

Cipherr

Looks like he recovered from that bad injury we heard about.

That window for the YA craze is probably closed atm, but considering they did okay with part 2 maybe 3 will manage?

Im guilty of seeing 2 in the theatre after taking a chance on 1 and finding it not so bad for what it was. But I was pretty disappointed overall with the second one.

First one was okay. It's like any teen action movie, but at least it was enjoyable. I liked the concept

Second film was awful in my opinion. Really generic and a lot of stupid character moments. Also some terrible directing in certain scenes. It didn't really feel like a sequel to the first film

KodaRuss

The first one was really good but didnt love the second. Ill give the third a shot though, I like Dylan O'Brien. Been meaning to see American Assasin as well.

kevin1025

Banned
January? Ruh roh

It's the third

Technically it was supposed to be a February film and then got pushed up to January. It was supposed to go up against the Fifty Shades sequel, and would have been wrecked by Black Panther.

January is never a good sign, but now it won't be facing much outside of God Particle the following week.

DSN2K

thought the first movie was fantastic, 2nd not so much so I'm bit concerned if the quality will drop again.

valeo

First movie was OK - passable, better than Divergent or whatever which was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Second, however, completely fell off the rails. Was terrible.

kurahador

The 1st movie was pretty good until that dumb twist at the end. Then the 2nd movie continue on that front and at the same time spinning its wheel on the main story.

This seems more of a the same. Wouldn't be surprised if the ending plays out like a montage.

I LOVED the first half of the Maze Runner and then they started explaining everything and then that got dumb real quick.

Scorch Trials was bit a bit of comedown, but it was enjoyable as an action movie that REALLY picked up toward the end. I give it points for consistency.

Curious how I feel about this one. Hope it remains creative in it's action, footage so far seems a bit generic.

Hope Wes Ball goes onto to greater things after this series.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
These YA novel series all seem to have the same problem of having an interesting narrative hook that is completely played out within the first book/movie leaving the sequels bereft of anything that made the original worthy of interest. Except the divergent series which didn't even have a coherent idea in the first movie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
First movie surprised me with how enjoyable it was. Great performances from the actors and well directed. The second movie though...whoa boy, I could barely get through it. It's literally just the same thing over and over again for over 2 hours.

Run away
Find a new group
Get attacked
Repeat

This happens 4 times in the movie. Trailer for this one didn't really win me over.

Seesaw15

Trailer looks dope but the January release date is a bit worrisome. I guess Dylan's injuries prevented the normal September release.

I thought the first MR was an enjoyable YA movie with really nice atmosphere, but the second one just felt more like typical YA shlock. I have a feeling this is going to lean even heavier in the latter direction, but I'll see it anyway and hope for the best.

I really dug the first film until they revealed what the maze was. It was such a mediocre explanation.
I still need to see the second film.
I am glad that they finished this though after the horrible accident that occurred on set. O'Brien has obviously mended with this and American Assassin being completed, so let's hope we see more of him in the future.

The reason for them being in the maze didn't make much sense, The Hunger Games series has a more believable world.

Agreed. The majority of the first film when you have no clue why they were in there and you had to speculate just added this fucked up layer to all of the events. And then you are like, "That's why they are in there? What kind of bullshit reasoning is that?"

Seiniyta

I'm curious how they'll wrap it up. The novels and movies are already really different.

I enjoyed the first movie. Liked the second movie though it wasn't as memorable.

Third one looks interesting. Though probably won't be good like the first one either.

That's what I thought too, then I saw the trailer of American Assassin. So, when was it filmed?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
First movie surprised me with how enjoyable it was. Great performances from the actors and well directed. The second movie though...whoa boy, I could barely get through it. It's literally just the same thing over and over again for over 2 hours.

Run away
Find a new group
Get attacked
Repeat

This happens 4 times in the movie. Trailer for this one didn't really win me over.
I only watched the first movie, but the novels get progressively worse too.

I’ll probably still watch these sequels eventually. Love Dylan O’brien.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The first movie was pretty okay, and the monsters looked like something designed by id Software. But outside of that base scenario, I have little interest in sticking with this franchise. This trailer hasn't convinced me otherwise. Just looks like every other redundant YA adaptation.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
First film was great, second had pacing issues.

Looking forward to the third one, at least this series will have a proper ending ;.;

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Enjoyed the first one, but found the second one a rough watch. This trailer didn't do much for me.

Man it's super weird to see a YA movie in this style, I felt like we passed that era.

Cautiously optimistic for this. Out of the whole YA craze this is probably the franchise I appreciated the most: does something a little different and keeps it a tight trilogy. The first one's pretty enjoyable and the second's a solid zombie film, so hopefully this one rounds it all out.

Orayn

I thought they were fucking done with these because the last few big ones flopped.

When will we be free from dystopian YA hell

KeRaSh

Really liked the first one but thought the second one was a little generic without a real mystery hook like the maze in the first movie. Will wait for reviews on this one but I'm still slightly interested.

Top Bottom